to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft on bundling Xbox One with a headset - we're "looki

Your comments on our articles.

Product planning boss also enthused by Spectator Mode idea

There are no plans to ship Xbox One with a headset at present, but according to product planning manager Albert Penello, Microsoft isn't oblivious to customer desire for the same.... read more

Microsoft on bundling Xbox One with a headset - we're "looki

Postby benny218 » 30 Jul 2013, 12:05

Christ, MS are making a lot of u-turns aren't they! Still, at least they're listening to the gamers
benny218 16

Re: Microsoft on bundling Xbox One with a headset - we're "l

Postby xUKDrAGoNBorN » 30 Jul 2013, 12:35

when i can use my turtle beach headset i will be happy
xUKDrAGoNBorN 16

Postby LeeJ2512 » 30 Jul 2013, 13:32

I'm sorry but at that price I would expect the headset to be included, no matter about the awesome power of the Kinect mic, we should still get the option of choosing which mic to use if we spend £429 on this.
LeeJ2512 20

Postby ChaoticP » 30 Jul 2013, 13:33

Well no one can claim Microsoft doesn't listen, considering how cheap the headset is I don't see why they wouldn't just bite the bullet.
ChaoticP 47

Postby fracturedrich » 30 Jul 2013, 15:38

I pre order'ed my xbox when it was always online at blockbusters as it is the closest store to where i live.I go in there from time to time and the two guy's who work there are a couple of sony fanboy's.I no this but it still kills me to hear there attacks on the one.

It is not just that either,ms complete u-turn has even left me with doubts.I hope that they can start building back that trust,get a plan and stick to it.I am not bother'd about some crappy headset either,i want some assurances that i am not aout to waste 500 pound this close to xmas.
fracturedrich 46

Postby fracturedrich » 30 Jul 2013, 15:52

I have just read that asda have taken all wi u games and consoles from stores,after the wi done really well,is this what next gen is going to bring. :cry:
fracturedrich 46

Postby YakuzaCH » 30 Jul 2013, 15:53

Free Games are cool, but i don't like, when it's always-on like Spartacus Legends :(
YakuzaCH 3

Postby KernowDevil23 » 30 Jul 2013, 16:03

fracturedrich wrote:I have just read that asda have taken all wi u games and consoles from stores,after the wi done really well,is this what next gen is going to bring. :cry:

Sorry to be pedantic but how is this anything to do with the lead story of the article??
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Hollg » 30 Jul 2013, 16:04

I hope they include a headset too. What I can't understand is when Microsoft does a u-turn there is an outcry and slating of the company for doing so. Yet, they are only listening to what customers are not happy about and changing it to what those customers want. To me this is a company that will listen and change. It's a good thing.

All I see from Sony is how they seem to be sneaky about things. They try to outdo Microsoft even if it impacts their customers and tell their customers they have made the changes for them. Sony was caught red handed removing the eye camera in order to undercut Microsoft on price, not because the customers objected to the camera, they did not know it was included until someone leaked the information after the price and console was revealed. Removing the eye camera disabled most of the new technologies in the PS4 pad, but the customers were not told. Then Sony had the gaul to tell customers the playroom would be a free already installed game on the console, without telling them that they would need the camera to play it (£40 to £60).

Both Sony and Microsoft wish to make money. But i see a decent company in Microsoft who have been truthful and given out information good or bad to the customers, they have been slated for it. Yet Sony wont even confirm or deny the truth about memory allocation in the PS4, allowing customers to believe for months that 7GB was for games and only 1GB for the OS. It is Sony fans who are to blame, but for Sony to allow them to believe that for months is just deceitful.

The Xbox One is a console built with the future and future development in mind. Mine has been pre-ordered since announced.
Hollg 29

Postby SilentDark » 30 Jul 2013, 16:46

To be honest I don't really know why this is even as issue they are discussing, bundle in the headset. When marketing your console as a family entertainment centre which presumably they expect to sit in the living room, the last thing you want is your little ones walking in and hearing some foul mouthed teen while you play CoD.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby KernowDevil23 » 30 Jul 2013, 16:50

SilentDark wrote:To be honest I don't really know why this is even as issue they are discussing, bundle in the headset. When marketing your console as a family entertainment centre which presumably they expect to sit in the living room, the last thing you want is your little ones walking in and hearing some foul mouthed teen while you play CoD.

Agreed but unless the next gen brings about the demise of the MUTE button, it's a non issue! :lol:
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby SmgUk » 30 Jul 2013, 17:04

I just want MS to bring out a really good wireless headset for the XB1 the one for the 360 is not great and its uncomfortable after a while.
SmgUk 25

Postby Maximus T » 30 Jul 2013, 19:14

Another reason they need to bundle the headset is so games don't get confused by me talking to my mates or me telling squadmate A to go kill himself. :twisted:
#browns
Maximus T 63

Postby Nick Nack » 30 Jul 2013, 19:53

Hollg wrote:I hope they include a headset too. What I can't understand is when Microsoft does a u-turn there is an outcry and slating of the company for doing so. Yet, they are only listening to what customers are not happy about and changing it to what those customers want. To me this is a company that will listen and change. It's a good thing.

All I see from Sony is how they seem to be sneaky about things. They try to outdo Microsoft even if it impacts their customers and tell their customers they have made the changes for them. Sony was caught red handed removing the eye camera in order to undercut Microsoft on price, not because the customers objected to the camera, they did not know it was included until someone leaked the information after the price and console was revealed. Removing the eye camera disabled most of the new technologies in the PS4 pad, but the customers were not told. Then Sony had the gaul to tell customers the playroom would be a free already installed game on the console, without telling them that they would need the camera to play it (£40 to £60).

Both Sony and Microsoft wish to make money. But i see a decent company in Microsoft who have been truthful and given out information good or bad to the customers, they have been slated for it. Yet Sony wont even confirm or deny the truth about memory allocation in the PS4, allowing customers to believe for months that 7GB was for games and only 1GB for the OS. It is Sony fans who are to blame, but for Sony to allow them to believe that for months is just deceitful.

The Xbox One is a console built with the future and future development in mind. Mine has been pre-ordered since announced.

I agree with you that i'd like an headset included with the console, and for what it costs i'm sure Microsoft can afford it. As regards to Sony being underhanded well thats just business, and i'm glad they did the opposite to Microsoft as regards to the DRM and used games, because it made Microsoft revert back on lots of those terrible policies. Granted the family share was a great idea, but the rest of Microsoft policies and restrictions stunk to high hell.
Nick Nack 42

Postby evilcanofsoda » 30 Jul 2013, 20:46

Hollg wrote:I hope they include a headset too. What I can't understand is when Microsoft does a u-turn there is an outcry and slating of the company for doing so. Yet, they are only listening to what customers are not happy about and changing it to what those customers want. To me this is a company that will listen and change. It's a good thing.

Yeah, I'm really impressed with Microsoft, be it good or bad they say the truth about it's product and they are willing to change the bad things. They are listening to consumers and that's awesome...

I'm really exited about the Xbox One and the new Kinect and its technology, I'm not really interested in the PS4 although I still think it's a nice console, Sony has lost me as a consumer... a major consumer of the brand. My Consoles, TV, Cellphone, DVD, Stereo, Laptop, Car Stereo and MP3 player were Sony but too many malfunctions with their products and they have never fixed any of them nor replace them. Even when my PS3 had the YOLD issue they did nothing and I had guarantee apparently and it happen the same with a PS2 my PS2 lens got f*cked up just 2 weeks after I bought it, when I took it to Sony center they told me I had to buy a new one because guarantee didn't cover lens issues. (Long story... short: Sony Center in Guatemala sucks)... And now my laptop stoped working, I had to buy a new one (HP this time)... My cellphone has battery problems and it gets way too hot to even hold it some times and it has started to reboot for no reason when I'm calling someone.

So I bought an Xbox 360 S about 2 months ago and when I was playing I moved the console to a vertical stand and the disc inside broke and one of the pieces of the disc scratched the lens (I miss my GTA IV copy) so I took it to the Microsoft Store where I bought it and although it was my fault for not reading the instructions they gave me a new Xbox 360 and moved all the information and digital copy games to my new Xbox. And that was awesome, since that day I'm an Xbox Fan... :mrgreen:

BTW I'm new here (about 2 weeks ago I joined in), and I really like this site. Can wait to buy a Xbox One but too bad I'll have to wait to get the money or to get out of this country. Here in Guatemala the Xbox 360 price is $600, the Xbox One price is $1000, the PS3 is $690 and the PS4 is $875 (Really, really expensive country)... I hate taxes in this country :( ... Anyway I'm moving to Russia soon, I'll buy a Xbox One there. Sorry for my broken english (I'm still learning).
evilcanofsoda 28

Next