to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Bioshock Infinite DLC Clash in the Clouds and Burial at Sea

Your comments on our articles.

First DLC pack out now, second is coming soon

2K Games and Irrational have announced three Bioshock Infinite DLC packs - Clash in the Clouds, which is out today for 400 MP, and the two-part Burial at Sea, which takes players back to Bioshock 1's setting Rapture.... read more

Bioshock Infinite DLC Clash in the Clouds and Burial at Sea

Postby CunningSmile » 30 Jul 2013, 13:13

It's the same trailer twice Edwin.

So I'm a little confused, is the Clash in the Clouds a story add on or just a set of challenge rooms? Cos if it's the latter I'm a little disappointed, especially if it's part of the season pass.

Burial at Sea looks interesting, but whilst I'd love a return to Rapture it's almost like Ken Levine admitting that Columbia just isn't as good a setting.

EDIT: Just watched the Clouds trailer on CVG. It is just a set of combat focused challenge maps, and is part of the Season Pass. A little disappointed but at least I didn't really pay for it and the two part Burial at Sea could be interesting.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Re: Bioshock Infinite DLC Clash in the Clouds and Burial at

Postby OXM ETboy » 30 Jul 2013, 13:18

Apologies, updating as I go.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby StrangeRacoon » 30 Jul 2013, 13:19

So is this supposed to be another Booker Dewitt in another "lighthouse" ?
StrangeRacoon 27

Postby Arm Fall Off Mav » 30 Jul 2013, 13:23

OXM ETboy wrote:Apologies, updating as I go.

Still feeling the effects of the time travel eh? :wink:
They call me Hadouken 'cos I'm down right fierce!
Arm Fall Off Mav 52

Postby seiibutsu » 30 Jul 2013, 13:27

The rapture dlc is like an elseworlds type story, so yes "another booker" (although i'd suggest no one allude to that any further... "spoilers")

Am I the only person totally interested in the dlc title? Burial at Sea - Episode 1 so, the 3rd dlc will be episode 2??

Also, ugh, challenge rooms, ugh.
Writing words and playing games. oh and eating sakes and lots of other stuff too...
seiibutsu 22

Postby OXM ETboy » 30 Jul 2013, 13:28

Arm Fall Off Mav wrote:
OXM ETboy wrote:Apologies, updating as I go.

Still feeling the effects of the time travel eh? :wink:

Out on ye, troublemaker!
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Chameleon » 30 Jul 2013, 13:36

Will probably give Clash in the Clouds a miss, but definitely interested in going back to Rapture BEFORE it went to hell.
Kudos to the team for putting what looks like an awful lot of work into a new environment, rather than just rehashing Columbia.
Chameleon 44

Postby schwepterbrowser » 30 Jul 2013, 13:57

Clash in the Clouds is of no interest for me. Boring, generic, effortless DLC that I wouldn't have expected from Irrational. I didn't like the combat either, so with the story cut out it becomes a pretty mediocre game.

Burial at Sea, however, has me very excited! The whole time I was in Columbia I longed to be back in Rapture for some Bioshock of old!
schwepterbrowser 57

Postby FishyGinger » 30 Jul 2013, 14:10

I'm in the 'clash in the clouds looks a bit rubbish but the other two look good' camp. What are the prices on the other 2 parts?
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby CunningSmile » 30 Jul 2013, 14:10

schwepterbrowser wrote:Clash in the Clouds is of no interest for me. Boring, generic, effortless DLC that I wouldn't have expected from Irrational. I didn't like the combat either, so with the story cut out it becomes a pretty mediocre game.

It does seem a little out of character. I'm wondering how much of that is them looking at time scales for development compared to the One release and wondering if there was any point taking another six months for a proper third piece.

And @Fish I suspect that since the season pass is 1600 points on a buy two get one free basis you're probably looking at 800 points each for Burial 1 and 2
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby schwepterbrowser » 30 Jul 2013, 14:15

I read ( can't remember where and it was 10 mins ago :oops: ) they're 1200 each.
schwepterbrowser 57

Postby FishyGinger » 30 Jul 2013, 14:30

schwepterbrowser wrote:I read ( can't remember where and it was 10 mins ago :oops: ) they're 1200 each.

I thought I saw that somewhere but I assumed like Cunning it would be 800 each for the other 2 then 400 for this which makes sense. Otherwise the season pass is really worth it (if the story dlc is good that is...)
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Roland of Gilead » 30 Jul 2013, 16:18

Making arena/Challenge maps as DLC is so annoyingly lazy of the developers. I literally only ever do them if I a) Have no other games to play. Or b) theres a load of easy achievements. They add nothing to a half decent game like Bioshock.
Roland of Gilead 15

Postby msbhvn » 30 Jul 2013, 16:31

Bought the Season Pass for half price in the Steam sale and felt a little guilty about it at the time, but not any more! At least I only wasted £8 and not £16.

Clash in the Clouds sounds terrible. No one likes paying for the privilege of fighting waves of enemies for no good reason. ME1's Pinnacle Station was a prime example.

Like Cunning said, going back to Rapture is just an admission that Columbia wasn't as good a setting. Infinite's story wasn't a patch on BioShock 1's either, so whatever rationalisation they give for this crossover will doubtless make little sense.

Of course I'll eventually play all of this DLC since I've already bought it, and probably replay the game first. It's just sad that this game had so much potential that seems to have been wasted.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby Metalrodent » 30 Jul 2013, 18:02

2 part DLC sounds irritating in that we will most likely have to pay twice to see the story conclude, that said if each is well made/fun and a decent length then that should be ok.

Hope they don't turn Elizabeths parts into shooty fests, as that would go against her character, some opportunities to explore rapture without having constant gunfire might be a welcome break
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Next