to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Watch Dogs trailer featuring Aisha Tyler criticised over poo

Your comments on our articles.

Dangerrrr zooonnnne

A new trailer for Watch Dogs, featuring Archer actress and girl-wood enthusiast Aisha Tyler, has attracted quite a bit of interest online, but probably not for the reasons that Ubisoft hoped it would.... read more

Postby MrXBob » 31 Jul 2013, 11:49

Have people forgotten that Xbox 360 and PS3 are around 7 years old?

I mean seriously, anybody who expected this game to look that good on current gen consoles are just kidding themselves - who on earth believed that it would look the same as the next gen version..?

That said, it looks very good for what it is, no matter which current gen console this is running on.
MrXBob 40

Postby Maximus T » 31 Jul 2013, 11:50

Isn't that more of a road safety advert?
A benzene ring changes everything.
Maximus T 67

Re: Watch Dogs trailer featuring Aisha Tyler criticised over

Postby Phantaxus » 31 Jul 2013, 11:56

Anyone else having an Aliens: Colonial Marines flashback?
Phantaxus 31

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 31 Jul 2013, 11:57

Other sites are suggesting the footage may have been taken from the Wii U version. If it is genuinely for the 360 or PS3, then it is certainly a good advert for the next gen consoles, but at the same time is pretty poor when you consider just how good graphics can be on the current gen. I would like to think that this either footage from the Nintendo platform, or a spoof!
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby MrXBob » 31 Jul 2013, 11:59

AllusiveTurtle wrote:Other sites are suggesting the footage may have been taken from the Wii U version. If it is genuinely for the 360 or PS3, then it is certainly a good advert for the next gen consoles, but at the same time is pretty poor when you consider just how good graphics can be on the current gen. I would like to think that this either footage from the Nintendo platform, or a spoof!

The Wii U is slightly more powerful than 360, it amuses me that "other sites" still talk about it like it's a GameCube.
MrXBob 40

Postby CunningSmile » 31 Jul 2013, 12:06

BREAKING NEWS: Current gen port of next gen game isn't as good!!!

Seriously anyone who is surprised by this has obviously got a very short memory and can't remember the last generation switch over...and is also apparently misunderstanding why a new generation is even launching.
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby xUKDrAGoNBorN » 31 Jul 2013, 12:18

[quote="CunningSmile"]BREAKING NEWS: Current gen port of next gen game isn't as good!!!

i thought it would look better than that because xbox 360 has some lovely looking games
xUKDrAGoNBorN 16

Postby CunningSmile » 31 Jul 2013, 12:21

xUKDrAGoNBorN wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Current gen port of next gen game isn't as good!!!

i thought it would look better than that because xbox 360 has some lovely looking games

And some butt ugly ones as well. Plus don't forget the lovely looking ones are designed for it, not ports of a more powerful machine's games.

Guess this is how Wii users have felt for the last few years :wink:
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby Chameleon » 31 Jul 2013, 12:26

According to Watch_Dogs creative director's twitter (https://twitter.com/Design_Cave) it's not current gen footage, but essentially a case of someone checking the wrong tick-box when rendering the footage..
Current gen is "better than that". He even went so far as to respond with a winking smiley when asked if it was on iOS.

It's not exactly an official statement, but better than nothing.
Chameleon 44

Postby Spiderless » 31 Jul 2013, 13:42

Nevermind the graphics, the gameplay looks incredible! Stalk defenceless young women down muddy-grey streets (i.e. spend ages walking behind people) and then... as if from no-where... Run them down in a rubbish lorry! Take that you mobile-phone-using miscreant!! HUZZAH!
Spiderless 25

Postby SilentDark » 31 Jul 2013, 13:53

CunningSmile wrote:Guess this is how Wii users have felt for the last few years :wink:

Don't get me started on that again.

Seriously though, I would have thought it was obvious by now this was how it was going to be. I just hope this doesn't end up another Mercenaries 2 situation.

Are we agreeing again? We really need to stop doing that. :lol:
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 64

Postby HadoukenMorris » 31 Jul 2013, 14:16

MrXBob wrote:Have people forgotten that Xbox 360 and PS3 are around 7 years old?

I mean seriously, anybody who expected this game to look that good on current gen consoles are just kidding themselves - who on earth believed that it would look the same as the next gen version..?

That said, it looks very good for what it is, no matter which current gen console this is running on.

We know that the current-gen consoles are around that age, but do you also forget that there have been some games on the current generation of consoles that look spectacular? This looks really dated.
HadoukenMorris 29

Postby SilentDark » 31 Jul 2013, 14:24

But the Current gen versions aren't getting the focus as regards development time and money. Some people might not believe me but the Wii had some very nice looking games as well, by developers who were putting every ounce of effort into making the game as good as it could possibly be for that platform. The current gen version is just simply not getting the same level of effort, ir there are some compromises being made graphically to give us as many of the features the next gen version will have as possible.

I don't really care what it looks like, so long as it's fun to play and has an interesting plot that's all I really care about.
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 64

Postby Chapter XIII » 31 Jul 2013, 16:36

Never would have happened to Lana Kane
Chapter XIII 1

Postby Dave2123 » 31 Jul 2013, 21:25

I don't know what the fuss is about; it doesn't look worse than any other current gen game and it looks better than a lot of others. Are people seriously comparing it to the previous trailers. Do they not know how much better next gen consoles are. I'm going to get it for 360 and I'd be very happy if it looked like that.
Dave2123 29

Next