to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

problems with assasins creed 2 from games on demand

Playing them, beating them, moaning about them, celebrating them

problems with assasins creed 2 from games on demand

Postby Mitchell Tennant » 31 Jul 2013, 22:13

i just downloaded AC2 for free from the market place, But all my save games wont load. keeps saying "Unable to open file: Downloadable content missing. is there anyway to fix this?
Mitchell Tennant 16

Re: problems with assasins creed 2 from games on demand

Postby CunningSmile » 31 Jul 2013, 22:41

Try redownloading the DLC (assuming you bought any) as your save games are obviously looking for it. If that doesn't work, or you never had the DLC then try deleting the game, emptying your cache and redownloading it and that normally sorts most problems.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby CoreyJLees » 31 Jul 2013, 22:48

I got this issue, but I realised it was because my disc based version of Assassins Creed 2 (game of the year edition) had the DLC pre-loaded onto it, it wasn't on the harddrive and I technically havn't purchased it because its simply on the disc already so I never actually bought it. Only solution (if this turns out to be your problem) is start again from scratch without DLC or buy the DLC and download it.
CoreyJLees 29

Postby Mitchell Tennant » 01 Aug 2013, 01:59

CoreyJLees wrote:I got this issue, but I realised it was because my disc based version of Assassins Creed 2 (game of the year edition) had the DLC pre-loaded onto it, it wasn't on the harddrive and I technically havn't purchased it because its simply on the disc already so I never actually bought it. Only solution (if this turns out to be your problem) is start again from scratch without DLC or buy the DLC and download it.

Ahh cheers dude! Yeah i've had the GOTY Edition so i'll just have to start again! eh well, i have forgotten the storyline anyway lol :lol:
Mitchell Tennant 16

Postby CoreyJLees » 01 Aug 2013, 12:58

Mitchell Tennant wrote:
CoreyJLees wrote:I got this issue, but I realised it was because my disc based version of Assassins Creed 2 (game of the year edition) had the DLC pre-loaded onto it, it wasn't on the harddrive and I technically havn't purchased it because its simply on the disc already so I never actually bought it. Only solution (if this turns out to be your problem) is start again from scratch without DLC or buy the DLC and download it.

Ahh cheers dude! Yeah i've had the GOTY Edition so i'll just have to start again! eh well, i have forgotten the storyline anyway lol :lol:

No problem :) its always nice to play through AC2 again anyway!
CoreyJLees 29