to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z hands-on - kiss your ninja code of hon

Your comments on our articles.

A sensationally lurid departure for the po-faced action series

As motivations go, you can do a lot worse than single-minded revenge. It's what spurred Ryu Hayabusa to action in the first Ninja Gaiden in 1988, and it's lit a fire under his successor Yaiba Kamikaze, the foul-mouthed ninja protagonist of Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.The difference is that Yaiba's target is Hayabusa himself, and the death he's avenging is his own. Never mind that Yaiba is arguably better off as a consequence, revived with a cool cybernetic arm and nifty powers after being sliced nearly in half by Ryu - he wants the Dragon Ninja dead, and he's ready to carve his way through an army of zombies to achieve that goal.... read more

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z hands-on - kiss your ninja code of hon

Postby Jabraham » 08 Aug 2013, 14:42

This looks really good i was thinking about getting back into ninja gaiden may have to now
Jabraham 35

Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z hands-on - kiss your ninja code of

Postby SilentDark » 08 Aug 2013, 15:23

Nice article, just one thing though, ninja's don't really have a code of honour, in fact what makes them infinitely better than samurai is their distinct lack of honour which means they can do things no others can precisely because no code of conduct rules them. Just a small error I'd thought I'd correct. :lol:
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Aug 2013, 15:25

SilentDark wrote:Nice article, just one thing though, ninja's don't really have a code of honour, in fact what makes them infinitely better than samurai is their distinct lack of honour which means they can do things no others can precisely because no code of conduct rules them. Just a small error I'd thought I'd correct. :lol:

I have the power to ban people, nemesis or not :wink:
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Aug 2013, 15:37

Lack of honour and the ability to blend into the background....that sounds like a colour changing accountant.

There's only one way to find out which is best.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby SilentDark » 08 Aug 2013, 15:42

Can't imagine you dressing up as a peasant to backstab a noble though Cunning. Though I must admit Yukimura Sanada really impressed me, in that kind of tragic romantic way.

I guess I just equate Samurai with Paladins, and I really hate Paladins, apart from Alexander Anderson, he's awesome.

I think when I hit level 42 I got the feat "annoy Cunning" because that genuinely wasn't on purpose. :lol:
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Aug 2013, 15:47

SilentDark wrote:Can't imagine you dressing up as a peasant to backstab a noble though Cunning. Though I must admit Yukimura Sanada really impressed me, in that kind of tragic romantic way.

I guess I just equate Samurai with Paladins, and I really hate Paladins, apart from Alexander Anderson, he's awesome.

I think when I hit level 42 I got the feat "annoy Cunning" because that genuinely wasn't on purpose. :lol:

That's how perfect you are as a nemesis, you don't even have to try :lol:
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 12 Aug 2013, 21:23

How is it all the other games have been perfectly happy to have limbless humans clawing their bloody stumps along the ground towards you, and then suddenly decide that they need zombies to avoid offense? :?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71