Saint's Row IV

Playing them, beating them, moaning about them, celebrating them

Saint's Row IV

Postby Silence Sean » 10 Aug 2013, 13:58

I downloaded the inauguration station just to see some of the options I will have when the game comes out in a few weeks...

I went into the personality and voice options, they have the regular 3 male and 3 female voice options... But the Zombie option from the third game has now been replaced by *Dun-Deddeh-Dun!* Nolan North. Whut.
Silence Sean 22

Re: Saint's Row IV

Postby Grummy » 10 Aug 2013, 18:31

Just did a quick edit to make it a general Saint's Row IV thread dude.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 10 Aug 2013, 19:44

Silence Sean wrote:I downloaded the inauguration station just to see some of the options I will have when the game comes out in a few weeks...

I went into the personality and voice options, they have the regular 3 male and 3 female voice options... But the Zombie option from the third game has now been replaced by *Dun-Deddeh-Dun!* Nolan North. Whut.

A game's not a game unless it's got Nolan North in it.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby Grummy » 10 Aug 2013, 19:46

I'll inform every game made prior to 1999
One. Warrior. Nation.

Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Silence Sean » 10 Aug 2013, 20:23

Grummy wrote:Just did a quick edit to make it a general Saint's Row IV thread dude.

Stops it being cluttered, I suppose.

I was playing around some more and so far I found:

The Soulja Boy dance from Crank Dat
The Macarena
The Vulcan salute/greeting/IDEK (?) thats like .\\//
Han Solo and Boba Fett outfits

They've also added pitch options for voices so you can get a malevolent deepness or silly squeakiness.
Silence Sean 22

Postby PonderingWalrus » 13 Aug 2013, 06:37

Silence Sean wrote:I downloaded the inauguration station just to see some of the options I will have when the game comes out in a few weeks...

I don't see what the difference is. :lol:
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Metalrodent » 13 Aug 2013, 16:17

how is the demo thing over a gig in size? all it is is a character editor
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby SilentDark » 13 Aug 2013, 16:42

Grummy wrote:I'll inform every game made prior to 1999

All those years playing Pacman, Battle Zone, Super Mario Bros, it was all lies :cry: :cry: :cry:
"That is what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence."
SilentDark 67

Postby Grummy » 23 Aug 2013, 21:47

Well, I've been playing this all day and I have to say, it is fecking awesome. It's a 10/10 from me so far, I just can't fault it. Every part of it is just incredibly fun. I'll grant you, it's about as far away from being a GTA game as it could get now, so if that's what you're hoping for, then you just have to wait for GTA, but for a bonkers fun, hilarious 3rd person action game set in a large city, then this is as good as it gets. It pulls no punches either, it mercilessly steals the best bits from other related games, and is happy to poke fun at aspects of other games. One of my favourites is the 'romance' stuff, it mocks ME a lot with it. Romance, set on a spaceship between the 'captain' and his allies, but the way they're written is brilliant. 'Hey Kenzie, wanna f**k" and she punches him in the face and jumps him. Brilliant, I laughed uproariously when I saw it, a perfect piss take.

Game of the year for me so far, it's friggin' brilliant.
One. Warrior. Nation.

Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Drainwater » 26 Aug 2013, 01:57

Grummy wrote:Well, I've been playing this all day and I have to say, it is fecking awesome. It's a 10/10 from me so far, I just can't fault it. Every part of it is just incredibly fun. I'll grant you, it's about as far away from being a GTA game as it could get now, so if that's what you're hoping for, then you just have to wait for GTA, but for a bonkers fun, hilarious 3rd person action game set in a large city, then this is as good as it gets. It pulls no punches either, it mercilessly steals the best bits from other related games, and is happy to poke fun at aspects of other games. One of my favourites is the 'romance' stuff, it mocks ME a lot with it. Romance, set on a spaceship between the 'captain' and his allies, but the way they're written is brilliant. 'Hey Kenzie, wanna f**k" and she punches him in the face and jumps him. Brilliant, I laughed uproariously when I saw it, a perfect piss take.

Game of the year for me so far, it's friggin' brilliant.

I'll have to agree. I've been looking forward to this ever since it was announced as a stand alone game, and I am loving it! Simply roaming around the city is a blast. Killing enemies never gets old. The story is better than I expected (I wasn't expecting much though), and the voice acting is pretty well done. I have to say my favorite weapon is the Abductor Ray, and it was the first one I focused on getting upgraded. It also makes for a neat getaway option if you find yourself low on health.

My only tiny complaint would have to be the lack of actual flight. At least given the point I'm at in the story. Super jumping and gliding is great, but I was hoping for full on flight. I'll forgive it though, 'cause the game funs me up something nice.
Drainwater 35

Postby PonderingWalrus » 26 Aug 2013, 12:08

Drainwater wrote:My only tiny complaint would have to be the lack of actual flight. At least given the point I'm at in the story. Super jumping and gliding is great, but I was hoping for full on flight. I'll forgive it though, 'cause the game funs me up something nice.

When you say "lack of actual flight", are you just referring to the superpowers? I would presume there are still airborne vehicles.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Drainwater » 26 Aug 2013, 22:59

PonderingWalrus wrote:When you say "lack of actual flight", are you just referring to the superpowers? I would presume there are still airborne vehicles.

Yeah I mean a flight power. There are still cool air vehicles.

TippiestRook99 wrote:I think he means flying high up into the sky and staying up.I kind of hate it when you go up then immediately glide back down only Superman Returns got that right but I want to further any game from Superman Returns as possible.

Loving the game by the way.

Superman himself was fun to control in Returns. Having said that, you've exhausted all that game's virtues.
Drainwater 35

Postby xUKDrAGoNBorN » 27 Aug 2013, 12:22

i might be a little addicted to saints row 4 considering i have played for 27 hours and have 870g and only 6 achievements from getting them all
xUKDrAGoNBorN 16

Postby SilentDark » 27 Aug 2013, 14:21

Having just finished this game yesterday I have to say it is awesome, the superpowers are consistently fun to use and only get better as you upgrade. It's something of a love letter to fans referencing the three games prior in some way or another, the shout outs and parodies are clearly done from a love of the source material rather than being spiteful jabs. It is fun, certainly the most fun I've had in ages, playing through the missions I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Now I need to do my Nolan run.

Have I mentioned how awesome it is yet? :D
"That is what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence."
SilentDark 67

Postby lfcgorsty » 28 Aug 2013, 16:34

Been playing this today and got to say I am loving it. Had a few minor frame rate issues (mostly when doing a UFO Mayhem mission), but the whole superpower thing could have gone two ways, very horrible or brilliant, and in my opinion, it went the latter. Nothing beats sprinting around the city, leaping onto tall buildings, as someone else posted, the only thing missing is full on flight.

On a side note, as soon as I saw Nolan North as one of the voice options, that was instantly my decision made.
lfcgorsty 23

Next