to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

DuckTales Remastered

Your comments on our articles.

It's all a Duck blur

DuckTales Remastered exists in an odd kind of bubble. Its dialogue, added specifically for this 2013 re-release, is incredibly, inoffensively Disney in tone, making the game sound like it's being aimed squarely at kids. But really, there can be very few people born after the nineties that can claim to have any idea as to what DuckTales actually is, and thus, youngsters are unlikely to have any inclination to play an XBLA remake.... read more

DuckTales Remastered

Postby lazercut123 » 12 Aug 2013, 16:05

As someone who has never even heard of this, maybe I'm thinking of it out of context, but the majority of this article is spent criticising the game, yet it still gets a six, surely that is a bit unfair, especially considering arguably good games like dead island riptide only get a four.

Please don't ban me :cry:
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Re: DuckTales Remastered

Postby OXM Aoife » 12 Aug 2013, 16:16

lazercut123 wrote:As someone who has never even heard of this, maybe I'm thinking of it out of context, but the majority of this article is spent criticising the game, yet it still gets a six, surely that is a bit unfair, especially considering arguably good games like dead island riptide only get a four.

Please don't ban me :cry:

No-one's going to ban you :) That's a fair comment - I guess I was writing more from the perspective of someone who is familiar with the cartoon and/or the original game.
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby jh-au » 12 Aug 2013, 17:11

I cannot wait till sept 11 to play this. I will pay you $50 for an xbla code right now!!
jh-au 1

Postby Grummy » 12 Aug 2013, 17:40

Aoife, what have you done to upset Jonty so much that he's lumbering you with all the Disney stuff? Or is this some sort of hazing ritual?
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby Dave2123 » 12 Aug 2013, 22:04

I'm not sure I was born when the original was out, but it seems that, in trying to keep it the same as the original, they didn't improve it enough to be good for today's standards. This is always going to be a problem with remakes; you want them to be similar, so the people who remember the original can enjoy it, but you need to make massive improvements so it can be considered a modern day game, which might change it too much. They should have made a new game based on the old one and then people won't constantly compare the two.
Dave2123 29

Postby LethalBuddha » 13 Aug 2013, 01:39

Ducktales woo-oo
The background graphics remind me of the first Toy story game on the Sega.
.-- . .-.. .-.. / -.. --- -. . --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- .-. -.- . -.. / --- ..- - / .- / .--. --- .. -. - .-.. . ... ... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -- . ... ... .- --. .
LethalBuddha 32

Postby LeprechaunsWOOD » 15 Aug 2013, 10:31

Ah nostalgia my eternal enemy, you entice me with promise and always (EXPLETIVE) me. As to living in late 80's or early 90's to become aware of Duck Tales, I insisted that my children were aware of the movie at least, because we got it on DVD. Although this has somewhat backfired as they now want the game and I trust the review/er.
LeprechaunsWOOD 27

Postby James Stephanek » 16 Aug 2013, 15:17

I loved how difficult this game was as a kid. My mom rented it for me and I had it a week before I beat it. That pogo stick maneuver took a little getting used to. I am going to buy this game as soon as it comes out, and I am going to show my kids what a real video game is all about.
James Stephanek 1

Postby AimFor7heBushes » 18 Aug 2013, 08:50

I was actually really looking forward to playing this again. Couldn't believe it when I saw the trailer a few months back.

It should definitely be an 800pt game maximum though, could complete it on the NES with ease on normal.

Shame that you were so disappointed with it - probably mirrors what I'd think too once I've picked it up.

One of those arguments again that the oldies should stay in the 80's/90's and not be revamped. Memories are better than hashed remakes. :cry:
AimFor7heBushes 1

Postby captainhetty » 18 Aug 2013, 09:00

If they ruin Castle of Illusion, I'm actually going to cry.
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
PSN - captain_hetty
captainhetty 56

Postby Starskream » 11 Sep 2013, 21:27

I remember i used to love this game when i was a kid and the cartoon was brilliant, but after saying that I still wont buy a remake of it because its better to have fond memories of these games than end up playing it again and realizing that by today's standards it's actually pretty poop.
Starskream 39