to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One's next exclusive - what could Microsoft's Gamescom

Your comments on our articles.

Ed takes us through five, equally exciting possibilities

Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer plans to spill a certain bean at the manufacturer's Gamescom presentation next week, sometime on Tuesday morning. We can expect to hear about a "unique exclusive" for Xbox One and "Europe's biggest franchise", or possibly a "unique exclusive" for Xbox One that's also "Europe's biggest franchise". What could it be? Join me, if you will, for a quick ponder.... read more

Xbox One's next exclusive - what could Microsoft's Gamescom

Postby evilcanofsoda » 14 Aug 2013, 17:33

If it's not Crackdown 3 or Halo 2: Anniversary I'm going to kick a baby in the balls! :evil:
evilcanofsoda 28

Re: Xbox One's next exclusive - what could Microsoft's Games

Postby Metalrodent » 14 Aug 2013, 17:46

and this is certainly a game that could use a remake - infamously, Halo 2 shipped without a proper ending.

They better not mess with the ending, as little sense as it made at the time now Halo 3 has been release it's unneeded. I'd just like an HD update, with some tweaks and game updates (skulls that save and are actually possible) to make it more fluid and easy to play (such as removing legendaries stupid tied death system)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Aug 2013, 17:55

evilcanofsoda wrote:If it's not Crackdown 3 or Halo 2: Anniversary I'm going to kick a baby in the balls! :evil:

For the sake of the babies in your neighbourhood lets hope it's one of those :lol:
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby evilcanofsoda » 14 Aug 2013, 18:30

CunningSmile wrote:
evilcanofsoda wrote:If it's not Crackdown 3 or Halo 2: Anniversary I'm going to kick a baby in the balls! :evil:

For the sake of the babies in your neighbourhood lets hope it's one of those :lol:

If it is one of those. I'll give them free candy and cake. :wink:
evilcanofsoda 28

Postby Dave2123 » 14 Aug 2013, 19:26

I hope it's not a re hash of Halo 2, because I'm not a fan of the series. I have, however, only played Halo 1: Anniversary edition and really didn't like it, so my experience with the franchise isn't extensive. The problem is that, now I don't like it, I'm hesitant to buy any others.

To get back on topic, after downloading Crackdown with the games for gold initiative, I'd quite like to play Crackdown 3, but if it is a formal announcement of what Black Tusk Studios is making then that would also be welcome; who doesn't want a new IP? (I've never played Fable, so can't really comment).
Dave2123 29

Postby Metalrodent » 14 Aug 2013, 19:39

Dave2123 wrote:I hope it's not a re hash of Halo 2, because I'm not a fan of the series. I have, however, only played Halo 1: Anniversary edition and really didn't like it, so my experience with the franchise isn't extensive. The problem is that, now I don't like it, I'm hesitant to buy any others.

I'll be honest, if you don't like that then you probably won't be too keen on the others. That said, it is the most barebones of the series and each trilogy game gets a little more ambitious adding new features and generally improving.
Halo Reach and 4 are more modern type shooters, with sprint and other abilities avaliable, Reach also requires the least plot knowledge so that might be worth a gamble (also best mutiplayer IMO)
Oh and Halo Wars is pretty fun for what it's worth, asides from the halo theme it's not connected at all gameplay wise.
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Aug 2013, 20:22

Metalrodent wrote:
Dave2123 wrote:I hope it's not a re hash of Halo 2, because I'm not a fan of the series. I have, however, only played Halo 1: Anniversary edition and really didn't like it, so my experience with the franchise isn't extensive. The problem is that, now I don't like it, I'm hesitant to buy any others.

I'll be honest, if you don't like that then you probably won't be too keen on the others. That said, it is the most barebones of the series and each trilogy game gets a little more ambitious adding new features and generally improving.
Halo Reach and 4 are more modern type shooters, with sprint and other abilities avaliable, Reach also requires the least plot knowledge so that might be worth a gamble (also best mutiplayer IMO)
Oh and Halo Wars is pretty fun for what it's worth, asides from the halo theme it's not connected at all gameplay wise.

To be honest I've tried all of them before Reach and I'm not a fan either. Having said that ODST was a really great game, I think the nonlinear story and more human characters really worked for me. The Firefly cast doing the voices probably helped
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby skellen79 » 14 Aug 2013, 23:18

On MNR Nelson and Spencer talk about Tractor sim, and say how popular it is in Germany, maybe it's that?
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and where ever truth, love and laughter abide, I will be there in spirit.
Bill Hicks 1961-1994
skellen79 28

Postby MrT666 » 14 Aug 2013, 23:26

To get back on topic, after downloading Crackdown with the games for gold initiative, I'd quite like to play Crackdown 3, but if it is a formal announcement of what Black Tusk Studios is making then that would also be welcome; who doesn't want a new IP? (I've never played Fable, so can't really comment).

Have you tried it on at least heroic? I hated halo the first time i played it as well, but it's a game ( i think )that needs to played on a higher difficulty to get the most out of it like the really smart a.i. :) I hope it's not Halo 2 anniversary as well i was hoping that would come out on the 360 so we'd have the whole collection on one console.

Maybe it's kinectimals 2 lol
MrT666 18

Postby FishyGinger » 15 Aug 2013, 09:00

evilcanofsoda wrote:If it is one of those. I'll give them free candy and cake. :wink:

Impacted testicles or diabetes....choices choices.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby Timmeh555 » 15 Aug 2013, 10:14

I am still sure that it will be FIFA 14 UT exclusive for the ONE which we have not seen yet after it was announced in the reveal as I would have thought that would be Europe's biggest franchise. however I would love to know what the black tusk game is, or a new fable.
Timmeh555 45

Postby MCTJIm » 15 Aug 2013, 18:06

World of Tanks it is
MCTJIm 7

Postby CSCS » 16 Aug 2013, 20:50

I kind of hope one day that Microsoft partners with Sega again and gets Shenmue III made and locked down exclusively once and for all. Then a HD re-release of the first two games as well would be awesome and give Microsoft an answer to the Yazuka games and the Xbox be the only place you can ever play Shenmue unless you dust off the old Dreamcast lol :lol:.
CSCS 13

Postby winter » 18 Aug 2013, 18:24

I HATE Fable, but I would LOVE a Halo 2 HD Remake / Anniversary!!! Crackdown wasn't really fun to me, and it was really weird... The only thing I loved about was leveling up my Agility and jumping really high and screwing around. The new IP from Black Tusk seems cool though... I don't want Fable 4 or Crackdown3, although I would rather Crackdown 3 over Fable 4. I don't know about Project Gothem Racing, though...
winter 17

Postby winter » 18 Aug 2013, 18:28

Metalrodent wrote:

Reach is one of my favorites, but 4 was really bad, imo... I had such high expectations on an improved Forge, and what did they do? They ruined it. Halo 4, and Reach had great Forges, but I wanted more features, vehicles, etc and instead they added less stuff then before. You can't really make Machinima's in 4. Hopefully the next Halo is good... -.-
winter 17

Next