COD: Ghosts multiplayer full report - characters, perks, kil

Your comments on our articles.

A round-up of this evening's revelations

Activision has formally unveiled Call of Duty: Ghosts' multiplayer component - you can watch the whole show again here. Thus far, it looks like the usual array of smart smaller-scale additions and tweaks, and we're left with the usual pressing question: will all this add up to a multiplayer experience that feels genuinely distinct from last year's offering?... read more

COD: Ghosts multiplayer full report - characters, perks, kil

Postby scham81 » 14 Aug 2013, 20:21

Although it's good to see them try and change a decent amount of things in it I was disappointed to see that they've added even more cheap kills in the way of launchers and tubes, I mean that one that can hit multiple targets in different direction what the hell is that.
Saying that I will probably pick it up April providing TitanFall, BF4 and Destiny doesn't keep me too preoccupied after all I do have to fit my Degree in around my gaming :lol:
scham81 34

Re: COD: Ghosts multiplayer full report - characters, perks,

Postby LeprechaunsWOOD » 14 Aug 2013, 21:01

Not hating on the almighty COD. Didn't see enough innovation to warrant a purhase on XboxOne. Nice to see Emminem is still alive....
LeprechaunsWOOD 31

Postby Dave2123 » 14 Aug 2013, 21:26

Cranked sounds truly bad ass. Online play can be tense enough without worrying that you have to get a kill within 5 seconds or other wise it will "detonate yo' ass".
Dave2123 29

Postby CatOfTheCanals » 14 Aug 2013, 22:11

scham81 wrote:Although it's good to see them try and change a decent amount of things in it I was disappointed to see that they've added even more cheap kills in the way of launchers and tubes, I mean that one that can hit multiple targets in different direction what the hell is that.
Saying that I will probably pick it up April providing TitanFall, BF4 and Destiny doesn't keep me too preoccupied after all I do have to fit my Degree in around my gaming :lol:

I'm starting a PhD in October.. I suppose I'll have to sacrifice my social life. Ah well!
CatOfTheCanals 3

Postby Blokey219 » 14 Aug 2013, 22:23

will all this add up to a multiplayer experience that feels genuinely distinct from last year's offering?

Glad to see you guys are FINALLY starting to realize that it's the same game every year, with very small changes. However, I saw something the other day that said "player customization" which got me thinking, does that mean we'll be able to change clothes/colours of clothes and guns?
Blokey219 8

Postby PonderingWalrus » 14 Aug 2013, 22:44

Blokey219 wrote:
will all this add up to a multiplayer experience that feels genuinely distinct from last year's offering?

Glad to see you guys are FINALLY starting to realize that it's the same game every year, with very small changes. However, I saw something the other day that said "player customization" which got me thinking, does that mean we'll be able to change clothes/colours of clothes and guns?

Read the article.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Metalrodent » 14 Aug 2013, 23:38

The killstreaks still put me off, UAV and single use airstrikes are fine - but when the best players get the 3rd chopper gunner in a match* then it starts to take the biscuit

*speaking of which hope they've sorted the spawning
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby RetroDad » 14 Aug 2013, 23:39

I saw the live stream earlier and it looks like a solid game so far. However, watching a multiplayer game on a highspeed LAN and playing it at home are not going to offer the same experience. They made no mention of how connection will be based. I'm assuming it will be peer 2 peer as previous titles. After playing through many inconsistent matches in Black Ops 2 I am going to wait and see how the community settles in before considering a purchase.
I'll state what I want to state in whatever state I happen to be in!
RetroDad 35

Postby scham81 » 14 Aug 2013, 23:44

CatOfTheCanals wrote:
scham81 wrote:Although it's good to see them try and change a decent amount of things in it I was disappointed to see that they've added even more cheap kills in the way of launchers and tubes, I mean that one that can hit multiple targets in different direction what the hell is that.

I'm starting a PhD in October.. I suppose I'll have to sacrifice my social life. Ah well!

Ooh PhD in what? that is my ultimate goal in a few years. My biggest obstacle will no doubt be funding :/
scham81 34

Postby edmondbean » 15 Aug 2013, 00:24

COD, COD never changes.
edmondbean 2

Postby Mitchell Tennant » 15 Aug 2013, 00:40

on the video he says "20,000" Customisation combinations not "2000" ! :)
Mitchell Tennant 16

Postby Gazisdaman » 15 Aug 2013, 00:57

I never really wanted CoD to change all that drastically, I was just sick of forking out £50 every year for what is essentially the same game to avoid trying to play on sparsely populated servers. I do like that they are adding things like character customization and some new interesting game modes, however I don't like the continuation of the BO2 loadout system, I much prefer the older system and I think that the destructible cover is not something that it needs, CoD runs of a formula of fast paced, on rails action that is what the series has come to represent and a move away from that would be a mistake in my opinion. At the end of the day all I really want is for Activision to slow it down, I don't want a new game every year, I want a little substance to my game rather than a mass produced clone of the previous title and I want to see the downfall of every 12 year old racist that plays these games, but this will never happen so long as yearly additions continue to line Activisions pockets and people are willing to buy the game in huge quantities every year despite any signs of real innovation.
Gazisdaman 35

Postby OXM ETboy » 15 Aug 2013, 08:49

Mitchell Tennant wrote:on the video he says "20,000" Customisation combinations not "2000" ! :)

Cheers, edited.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Starskream » 15 Aug 2013, 10:16

After watching this I'm convinced that they are still playing catch-up to Battlefield in every department. The minor destruction is a bit poor and the sound is still not up to "war tapes" in even Bad Company 2, the one redeeming feature in this is that they seem to have toned down those annoying kill streaks which is the main reason i stopped playing COD games. In the first Modern Warfare the kill streaks were fine but then in the games that followed it they just went overboard with the stuff they were putting in the game. I'm all on for Vehicles in a war game I just don't like being killed by computer controlled aircraft since the only skill it takes on the players part is being able to camp long enough to get the kills needed to call them in.

On the Xbox One launch if Ghosts is out but BF4 isn't I still doubt if I will buy this even though I will want a FPS so I may just have to make do with Forza and Dead Rising until the real king of the FPS makes its next gen debut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Starskream 42

Postby s17pur » 15 Aug 2013, 10:40

Disappointed not to hear that Kinect body/face scanning would be utilised for the personalisation. That would be a massive coup for Xbox One, and a very, very cool feature. If I were Microsoft I'd even have paid the development costs myself.
s17pur 20

Next