to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Battlefield 4

Playing them, beating them, moaning about them, celebrating them

Battlefield 4

Postby mackered » 17 Aug 2013, 16:36

Thought I'd start a thread for things we would like to see in the upcoming Battlefield 4.

I would really like to see a Flight School. I'm rubbish at the helicopters and aircraft and would love to see a map where you could practise against Bots.

I would even be prepared to pay for it!
Last edited by mackered on 17 Aug 2013, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Jehovah Witnesses don't celebrate Halloween. Guess they don't like random people coming knocking on their doors. Also, when your partner says "correct me if I'm wrong" would you?
mackered 58

Re: Battlefield 4

Postby Grummy » 17 Aug 2013, 16:55

Made a quick edit to make it the general Battlefield 4 thread rather than this one particular subject.

Continue.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 17 Aug 2013, 17:09

mackered wrote:I would really like to see a Flight School. I'm rubbish at the helicopters and aircraft and would love to see a map where you could practise against Bots.

Yeah I would like that, I'm not even bothered about bots - just the ability to wander an empty map, use the vehicles and wreak distruction would be great fun
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Decent_Jam » 18 Aug 2013, 12:03

The thing that concerns me about the game is that the 'Levolution' will all be very scripted and everyone will trigger it immediately when multiplayer games start, meaning you never get the full effect.

I would like to see more vehicle-specific modes such as Tank Superiority from the Armoured Kill DLC.

I'm really looking forward to the full multiplayer, filled with players. I hope the hardware (and people's internet connections) can handle it.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 62

Postby Grummy » 05 Oct 2013, 01:15

So I played a match on the beta, my first impression was "fun".

A couple of issues cropped up, but nothing major. Some weird screen tearing occasionally, a building collapsed on me and there was no warning and I absolutely riddled on guy with bullets and he didn't die, which was odd, apart from that though, it was very good fun, the destruction in particular was immense, completely changing the face of the map. Very awesome.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Plamsa wing » 05 Oct 2013, 13:05

Just had a game of conquest. Finding it a lot more fun than Battlefield 3, but still not as fun as Bad Company 2, hopefully that will change come release when we all can get a squad together.

Spent most of it just wandering around though, bit hard to actually find some action that doesn't centre around just one flag.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby OXM ETboy » 05 Oct 2013, 13:08

Gotta love the intro. Bunch of white guys who all look like they really need the loo, falling over in Exciting Military Contexts.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 05 Oct 2013, 16:28

I'll give the beta a go later and I expect I'll end up buying it, but I can't help but wish they'd made another Bad Company instead. The multiplayer was a lot more enjoyable in BC2, it had a good variety of maps and the single player was actually good.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby Metalrodent » 06 Oct 2013, 14:44

Ok first off I laughed my head off at the opening cinematic - some tough looking dudes and explosions with a slo mo pass of the american flag, sooo shit it's unbelivable :lol:

[update] Ok, having played some games I agree with the general view here, it is fun. Combat is meaty and it mostly seems to work fine. One thing I would say I that I actually quiete enjoy some of the long pauses between combat, gives the game an almost tense edge to it (however the time it took to walk back to said combat zone was less fun).

Have a few issues though, firstly I know it's in beta so it won't be at it's best: Graphics, not amazing tbh, textures seem barely loaded at times. Also had some weird issues where it took several mashes of X for me to be allowed in a vehicle. Knifing still seems rubbish (BFBC2 had great knife mechanics, don't know why they swapped them for the generic CoD knife swing). and I don't like how the Back button has become battlelog, I like being able to instantly view the scoreboard.
Lastly I hope they improve destruction - all I could find to destroy was some windows and low walls, sure they have the big building falling down, but that's essentially prescripted - none of the other buildings could be damaged at all, I was at least hoping that a rocket would tear some chunks of out them.

also, I found it curious the map was set in China, surely that makes the US the aggressor? (sure the story will find someway to justify it)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Decent_Jam » 07 Oct 2013, 13:23

Biding my time with this and waiting for the One release version, but I'm sure I will enjoy it regardless. Really looking forward to the epic scale of the destruction.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 62

Postby golliwoza » 07 Oct 2013, 20:07

Decent_Jam wrote:Biding my time with this and waiting for the One release version, but I'm sure I will enjoy it regardless. Really looking forward to the epic scale of the destruction.

Doing the same myself, what put me off slightly with the beta is that the maps seem way too big for just the ordinary 24 players. Still got plenty of games to keep me busy through October and November.
Where we are going we wont need eyes to see.
golliwoza 56

Postby Bezza89 » 07 Oct 2013, 20:11

You getting a one golli?

I went on before and couldn't move the camera, or shoot or anything, I jumped off the building and parachuted thinking I'd wake up the controls, nope, landed (quite perfectly considering I couldn't look down to aim) and found myself in the enemy base.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby golliwoza » 07 Oct 2013, 20:16

Yep getting a One with Forza 5 along with BF4 as my launch game.
Where we are going we wont need eyes to see.
golliwoza 56

Postby Grummy » 07 Oct 2013, 20:26

Do you guys use aim assist? I have it turned on as generally speaking my hand eye coordination is crap (so bad in fact that it took me 3 tries to type coordination correctly) so my aiming sucks, and I have to say I'm not noticing any help from it at all. I'm wondering if it's not actually making things harder for me and I'd be better off going completely free aim.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Bezza89 » 08 Oct 2013, 19:52

Don't take my word for it, but you need to be quite close for it to work, I dunno, 30ft, but if you're too close it buggers up. I've been trying to use no assist to make me better at shooting, because sometimes having it on makes you aim at stuff you don't want, or because they are moving you don't track as good.

I'd say keep it on though, chances are it's just beta bugs cos in 3 aim assist did noticeably jump toward bodies if you were aiming nearish, you don't ever get headshots with it though.

I might try and get a one to share with my bro, I can't justify spending the money on a console I don't play much (going by my 360 n PC playtime), but some games look amazing - 64 player BF with no faffing about with PC server crap and system issues? The division too looks ace, among many others.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Next