to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

"Air you can taste" - how Forza Motorsport 5's tracks make u

Your comments on our articles.

Turn 10 takes us on a tour of the not-so-mean streets of Prague

At 2am one auspicious night in 2012, Prague police were horrified to discover that a shady-looking group of Americans had set up some sort of advanced laser weapon on the Charles Bridge, one of the oldest such structures in Europe. "Yeah we were on the Charles Bridge, which I guess is one of their big monuments, with this huge piece of technology," recalls Forza Motorsport 5's content art director Matt Collins. "And we start scanning the bridge and some cops came running up. So we had a couple of our guys detain them while we finished up the scan."... read more

"Air you can taste" - how Forza Motorsport 5's tracks make u

Postby Maximus T » 19 Aug 2013, 13:19

Air you can taste? Well then I hope they don't do many tracks through farm heavy countryside or cities with bad sewage systems is all I can say.
A benzene ring changes everything.
Maximus T 68

Re: "Air you can taste" - how Forza Motorsport 5's tracks ma

Postby OXM ETboy » 19 Aug 2013, 13:27

Maximus T wrote:Air you can taste? Well then I hope they don't do many tracks through farm heavy countryside or cities with bad sewage systems is all I can say.

:lol:
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby battfink83 » 19 Aug 2013, 14:19

sounds great, but still a little peeved, would prefer weather and night time racing more than 400,000 roadside fans doing umpteen different little jiggles that i cant see anyway because im doing 200 mph in my pink R3 4WD nissan micra past them....
battfink83 51

Postby tazzrats » 19 Aug 2013, 14:24

Wow , I am so exited for this game!
tazzrats 29

Postby FesLatif » 19 Aug 2013, 17:41

tazzrats wrote:Wow , I am so exited for this game!

so am not the only one then...
FesLatif 23

Postby Maximus T » 19 Aug 2013, 17:47

FesLatif wrote:

On the contrary, I believe that there is a general hype of positive anticipation for this game, at least for the majority of this site's users, mainly I would note because of the Drivatar feature. (well it's hardly a feature it's more what the game is)
Maximus T 68

Postby evilcanofsoda » 19 Aug 2013, 20:13

FesLatif wrote:

Hell no, I'm also exited about this game, like another million of gamers. :lol:
evilcanofsoda 28

Postby Dave2123 » 19 Aug 2013, 20:32

Maximus T wrote:On the contrary, I believe that there is a general hype of positive anticipation for this game, at least for the majority of this site's users, mainly I would note because of the Drivatar feature. (well it's hardly a feature it's more what the game is)

I'm excited for this because of how they seem to be using every single feature and making the most of the console. You'd think that the console's been out for years. I hate people who say things like this, but I couldn't care less for Drivatar. I don't like online play and I'm very happy playing against computers as they are now and I'm sure they'll be a lot better next gen. Of all there features, Drivatar is probably the least impressive.
Dave2123 29

Postby Maximus T » 19 Aug 2013, 22:19

Dave2123 wrote:
Maximus T wrote:On the contrary, I believe that there is a general hype of positive anticipation for this game, at least for the majority of this site's users, mainly I would note because of the Drivatar feature. (well it's hardly a feature it's more what the game is)

I'm excited for this because of how they seem to be using every single feature and making the most of the console. You'd think that the console's been out for years. I hate people who say things like this, but I couldn't care less for Drivatar. I don't like online play and I'm very happy playing against computers as they are now and I'm sure they'll be a lot better next gen. Of all there features, Drivatar is probably the least impressive.

Except Drivatar is the computer, that's the point.
Maximus T 68

Postby Mendes » 20 Aug 2013, 08:43

The one thing I'm really curious about regarding the Drivatars, I like the idea and can race against 'friends' or 'the fastest in the world' while they are not online, but I think Turn 10 have missed a trick, (unless I have missed it mentioned somewhere), if you can't race against yourself.

I know that sounds weird, but with an air (not that you can smell?!) to improving your driving style, if I was racing against myself for hours on end, just doing laps, I would see where and how I make my commonplace mistakes and I'd try not to make them, I would get better, therefore my Drivatar would get better at the same time, then to keep getting better I'd have to drive consistently and go faster.

In effect my Drivatar would be my own personnel trainer, the new improved 'Ghost' of my previous lap except a lot more fun, forget about colour coded chevrons on the racing line telling me when to brake, you'd literally get better at your own pace!
Mendes 35