to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Battlefield 4 multiplayer hands-on - Paracel Storm and Oblit

Your comments on our articles.

The same old Battlefield, plus tropical islands and inadequately secured battleships

Last year, DICE told us it would make Battlefield 4 single player feel more like the multiplayer, with broader environments, higher NPC headcounts and more in the way of player choice. The reverse appears to be true of the multiplayer, which now boasts setpiece map moments as spectacular as those you'd encounter in a scripted campaign, all of which are triggered by players themselves.... read more

Battlefield 4 multiplayer hands-on - Paracel Storm and Oblit

Postby tazzrats » 20 Aug 2013, 16:34

This has got me very exited; did you see where they turned out the lights to give their ir scopes an advantage, and the shutting of gates and the car alarms and the ship and the bigger jets and the... I need to lie down.
tazzrats 29

Re: Battlefield 4 multiplayer hands-on - Paracel Storm and O

Postby Twilight Error » 20 Aug 2013, 17:31

Looks and sounds very, very nice. Definitely the preferable form of methadone to wean my core group of friends off of their COD addiction.

Edit: Just read that there's a beta at the end of October. That should help. "Hey guys, let's play this free thing over here..."
Twilight Error 41

Postby Dave2123 » 20 Aug 2013, 18:11

It's shaping up pretty nicely. It's nice to see that they're incorporating some more interesting multiplayer modes like CoD have.
Dave2123 29

Postby jaypeyodi » 21 Aug 2013, 04:07

i honest ly dont care if this gets me banned

this article offended me ...

praising cods 'innovation' thats catching up with bf3 2 years ago .. while slating bf4 for being a souped up bf3

its the same with movie reviews .. never trust a magazine
$$$$$$$$$$
jaypeyodi 4

Postby Metalrodent » 21 Aug 2013, 07:48

jaypeyodi wrote:praising cods 'innovation' thats catching up with bf3 2 years ago .. while slating bf4 for being a souped up bf3

in fairness, while I'm hardly CoDs biggest fan, and I do think oxm is a little soft on CoD as a franchise, BF4 isn't really doing anything new in terms of gameplay, so far it would seem it really is a souped up BF3 (not necessarily a bad thing IMO) whereas Ghosts has actually added a few changes (not groundbreaking ones I admit) to it's formula (even if it does still seem pretty much the same)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby OXM ETboy » 21 Aug 2013, 09:11

jaypeyodi wrote:i honest ly dont care if this gets me banned

this article offended me ...

praising cods 'innovation' thats catching up with bf3 2 years ago .. while slating bf4 for being a souped up bf3

its the same with movie reviews .. never trust a magazine
$$$$$$$$$$

I don't recall praising COD in this piece. And we don't ban people for having opinions, or for that matter insinuating that we take bribes.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Starskream » 21 Aug 2013, 19:47

Metalrodent wrote:
jaypeyodi wrote:whereas Ghosts has actually added a few changes (not groundbreaking ones I admit) to it's formula (even if it does still seem pretty much the same)

What changes are Infinity Ward adding to the new COD? I watched the whole multiplayer reveal and to me it looks like they are adding a small amount of set piece destruction which is even less than Bad Company was doing years ago and giving you character customization and your'e now able to vault over walls which was also brought to you by DICE in BF3!! Oh sorry I forgot you can now have a dog :roll: along with toning down those stupid killstreak perks or camping perks as they should be known.

On the other hand DICE have created a game engine that now runs at 64fps with 64 players :D You can destroy Skyscrapers, blow up the roads from below the enemy and generally sculpt the map to suit the game mode your'e playing by destroying key areas. The scope in BF games for different tactics is immense. They've already added a shocking variety of different game modes to the multitude of maps released for BF3 and even if they add only one or two new modes for BF4 there will still be a great variety of gamemodes to suit every mood. I really don't know what more they could do to make the game any better, actually they did do one thing and thats get rid of that awful suppression mechanic for all classes other than the support player which is how it should have been all along.

COD to me have done nothing more over the years than update an aging game engine and stick to their same safe old formula that had made the game so popular but now I think a lot of people are becoming bored of the same regurgitated game with new maps and hopefully BF will takes it's place as the top FPS on the market and if they do IMO it will be well deserved.
Starskream 41

Postby KernowDevil23 » 21 Aug 2013, 19:53

Because whether you like it or not, COD will sell by the TRUCK LOAD! :wink:
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Metalrodent » 21 Aug 2013, 19:53

Metalrodent wrote:Ghosts has actually added a few changes (not groundbreaking ones I admit) to it's formula (even if it does still seem pretty much the same)

You conveniantly forgot to mention these bits :lol:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Starskream » 21 Aug 2013, 20:23

Metalrodent wrote:You conveniantly forgot to mention these bits :lol:

OOops :o So I did but this rant was coming and was not so much aimed at you even though I quoted what you said as it gave me a basis for said rant :P
Starskream 41

Postby RyanGowran » 21 Aug 2013, 22:23

This game looks amazing don't get me wrong but this video has disappointed me a little bit simply because it looks almost exactly like BF3 a couple new vehicles but that's it I hope they don't take the path CoD took and start churning out copies of the same game with just different maps
Still getting it though I just hope my xbox will let me play it
RyanGowran 23

Postby GHOSTY05 » 23 Aug 2013, 17:05

Looks even better now its only £42 on amazon!!
GHOSTY05 40