to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

FIFA 14 Xbox One bundle isn't a reaction to E3 backlash

Your comments on our articles.

"It's been going for a long time," says David Rutter

Microsoft and EA's decision to give away a digital copy of FIFA 14 free with every Xbox One preorder in Europe has been styled a reaction to upset in the wake of E3, when the console's price tag was unveiled. It's not, or so says executive producer David Rutter.... read more

FIFA 14 Xbox One bundle isn't a reaction to E3 backlash

Postby M3duzakill20 » 22 Aug 2013, 10:12

But we who get Xbox one in 2014, will we get fifa also? And I preordered my xbox before the delay, does that mean I will get Fifa 14 + another free game?
M3duzakill20 2

Re: FIFA 14 Xbox One bundle isn't a reaction to E3 backlash

Postby OXM ETboy » 22 Aug 2013, 10:15

It's not quite clear how it works, but as far as I'm aware you'll just get a free copy of FIFA 14 for the moment. As appears to be the norm nowadays, the powers that be are fuzzy on the details...
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby lazercut123 » 22 Aug 2013, 10:34

I've asked my family to preorder it but give it me for Christmas to guarantee the free game and so that they don't run out of stock of the Xbox, because from what I read you only get the game if you preorder. :?
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 22 Aug 2013, 11:09

My thoughts are that the inclusion of Fifa 14 is not simply because of the price of the console in Europe as compared to the U.S., but also because many of the much touted television related stuff etc. available in the U.S. at launch won't be available in Europe despite the fact that we will be paying more for the One.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby Chameleon » 22 Aug 2013, 11:12

David Rutter wrote:It's been going for a long time
Yeah, since at least June... :roll:

I'm reading the PR statement as there will be two or three options for those who pre-order, but the FIFA bundle is the only one announced so far. It quite clearly states pre-ordered machines, so maybe expect an email from your chosen retailer before launch asking which bundle option you would prefer?

How this ties in with EA's new close relationship with MS is yet to be seen - could ALL the bundles be EA games? BF4 bundle? They've been saying add-ons and microtransactions are their biggest profits for a little while. Not exactly going down the F2P route, but effectively selling to MS for a lower unit price and getting a huge installed user-base for add-on purchasing is not to be sniffed at.
Chameleon 44

Postby Selina » 22 Aug 2013, 11:16

I've been a Xbox gamer for years but I'm sick of Microsoft ripping off us loyal gamers all they done is create a console that ain't much of a games console more of a TV box we wanna game nothing more nothing less , they change there policy's every 5 minutes there making us have a kinect that most people have no need for or want so much for lisserning to the gamers ehh microsoft !! , there's only 1 reason there change there policy that because there scared of Sony there already won the heart of the gamers by giving them what they wanted , Microsoft have been digging there own grave for awile now ,
I'm no fangirl I always buy the console I rate best for (gaming) PlayStation 4. Wins that for most of the gaming world , whoever thinks Microsoft are doing there changes for the gamers are so thick there just scared and panicking and yes so the have thrown in a free copy of Fifa 14 ( but only for the people who pre order ) so what about the people who pick a console up Christmas or 2014 they gotta pay for there copy £50 that's really nice of microsoft ( NOT ) I'm switching to PlayStation 4 , you can't buy your custermers micrsoft throwing money at every developer just to get them on your side a lot of developers have already said they prefer PlayStation 4 ( the Xbox one is like the ps3 made to many mistakes ) goodbye Microsoft you can keep your shitty TV box I wanna game not shout TV TV TV
P.s I have been a Xbox fan since the original Xbox but I'm not being screwed by Microsoft anymore there become a joke !!!
Selina 1

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Aug 2013, 11:19

Selina wrote:I've been a Xbox gamer for years but I'm sick of Microsoft ripping off us loyal gamers all they done is create a console that ain't much of a games console more of a TV box we wanna game nothing more nothing less , they change there policy's every 5 minutes there making us have a kinect that most people have no need for or want so much for lisserning to the gamers ehh microsoft !! , there's only 1 reason there change there policy that because there scared of Sony there already won the heart of the gamers by giving them what they wanted , Microsoft have been digging there own grave for awile now ,

Did you watch the Sony Gamescon presentation? By giving gamers what they want I'm guessing you mean sweet FA in the way of games?
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Pidgeman » 22 Aug 2013, 11:45

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but to me this just sounds like 1 free game.

"All pre-order Xbox One consoles in launch countries in Europe (including the UK) this Christmas will include a digital version of a blockbuster game," the press release reads. "And the first of these bundles will be the best-selling sports franchise FIFA 14 (available whilst stocks last)."

It says a blockbuster game. Not games.
The way I figure it this means in the UK we'll be getting FIFA 14 and in other countries where the launch happens later some may get a different game.
Like others I'm not a fan of FIFA but on the other hand it's free and i had already pre-ordered before the announcement of a free game so I'm not complaining.

Don't know why they had to add "while stocks last" though. How do you run out of stock of a digital download?
Pidgeman 29

Postby Arm Fall Off Mav » 22 Aug 2013, 14:35

Selina wrote:Blah blah blah I speak on behalf of all gamers blah blah blah.

This is getting really tedious now.
They call me Hadouken 'cos I'm down right fierce!
Arm Fall Off Mav 44

Postby Skipstream » 22 Aug 2013, 14:45

Selina wrote:I've been a Xbox gamer for years but I'm sick oMicrosoft ripping off us loyal gamers all they done is create a console that ain't much of a games console more of a TV box we wanna game nothing more nothing less , they change there policy's every 5 minutes there making us have a kinect that most people have no need for or want so much for lisserning to the gamers ehh microsoft !! , there's only 1 reason there change there policy that because there scared of Sony there already won the heart of the gamers by giving them what they wanted , Microsoft have been digging there own grave for awile now ,

(Sigh). Do I really pay so much in taxes to educate people? There should be a grammar checker when posting that auto-deletes posts like this.
Skipstream 47

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Aug 2013, 14:58

Arm Fall Off Mav wrote:
Selina wrote:Blah blah blah I speak on behalf of all gamers blah blah blah.

This is getting really tedious now.

I'm actually considering updating the site rules so "speaking on behalf of all gamers everywhere" is a bannable offense. Describing yourself as "hardcore" in a patronising better-than-thou fashion will also count.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 22 Aug 2013, 15:25

Skipstream wrote:Do I really pay so much in taxes to educate people? There should be a grammar checker when posting that auto-deletes posts like this.

One way to look at it is if there weren't stupid people you wouldn't feel so unmoronic. Yes that's almost a real word.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Arm Fall Off Mav » 22 Aug 2013, 16:02

CunningSmile wrote:
I'm actually considering updating the site rules so "speaking on behalf of all gamers everywhere" is a bannable offense. Describing yourself as "hardcore" in a patronising better-than-thou fashion will also count.

Sounds good , can you also block all the ones that say you are not a true/real gamer unless you love and have 1000/1000'd Dark Souls?.
They call me Hadouken 'cos I'm down right fierce!
Arm Fall Off Mav 44

Postby Grummy » 22 Aug 2013, 16:30

Some more big news just revealed on this, apparently, from FIFA 14 onwards the footballers won't by wearing armour!
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby TippiestRook99 » 22 Aug 2013, 16:32

Grummy wrote:Some more big news just revealed on this, apparently, from FIFA 14 onwards the footballers won't by wearing armour!

Next their going to announce that you can`t use guns or hire prostitutes.Wait wrong game.
And that's why my butt hurts - Troy Baker - Men in Black:Alien Crisis

Since having a blog is mainstream these days.
http://eternalshag78.wordpress.com/
TippiestRook99 54

Next