to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very simi

Your comments on our articles.

Buy booster packs, get random sets of loot

Ryse: Son of Rome supports microtransactions in multiplayer, allowing players to pay a little extra for randomised Bronze, Silver and Gold armour sets in order to shortcut progression. These packs can also, however, be earned simply by grinding for in-game gold, and you'll pay a smaller fee to unlock one if you've churned out a bunch of gold already.... read more

Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very simi

Postby Neil H » 22 Aug 2013, 12:24

As an honest god-fearing man, I shall be in it for the grind!
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
User avatar
Neil H 22
 
Posts: 143
Joined: 29 Jul 2013, 10:06

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby Currambo » 22 Aug 2013, 12:54

Not too worrying really. Quite liked how it worked in ME3. Purchasing a big pack in ME3 saved you about an hour or so of gameplay, so not a huge advantage but a nice option.
Hopefully its a similar scale.
Currambo 54
 
Posts: 49
Joined: 17 Apr 2012, 12:42
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby Plamsa wing » 22 Aug 2013, 14:24

So it's works pretty much Mass Effect 3's multiplayer unlocks then? I've more of a problem with the random unlocks, than I have with the microtransactions.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
User avatar
Plamsa wing 54
 
Posts: 2852
Joined: 19 Oct 2011, 13:59

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby Crisco » 22 Aug 2013, 15:19

The part where he said "The way that you get armour is very similar to how you get it in like Mass Effect or FIFA," makes me think he's not a fan of Fifa.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
User avatar
Crisco 40
 
Posts: 199
Joined: 20 Jan 2013, 17:59
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Aug 2013, 15:25

Crisco wrote:The part where he said "The way that you get armour is very similar to how you get it in like Mass Effect or FIFA," makes me think he's not a fan of Fifa.


I'd be much more interested in FIFA if it involved armour.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9258
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby FishyGinger » 22 Aug 2013, 15:28

CunningSmile wrote:I'd be much more interested in FIFA if it involved armour.


Then you're a madden fan...you sicken me.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
User avatar
FishyGinger 66
 
Posts: 3728
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:42

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby Maximus T » 22 Aug 2013, 15:33

Anyone remember that game called Red Card?
#browns
User avatar
Maximus T 62
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: 14 May 2013, 14:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Aug 2013, 15:38

FishyGinger wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:I'd be much more interested in FIFA if it involved armour.


Then you're a madden fan...you sicken me.


Not that sort of armour, the sort normally accompanied by swords and bloodshed.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9258
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby Metalrodent » 22 Aug 2013, 16:13

CunningSmile wrote:Not that sort of armour, the sort normally accompanied by swords and bloodshed.

Medieval footie then, I like it
Image
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 67
 
Posts: 4163
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby Maximus T » 22 Aug 2013, 16:18

Metalrodent wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:Not that sort of armour, the sort normally accompanied by swords and bloodshed.

Medieval footie then, I like it

That's the one with mile long pitches and inflated pig stomachs too.
#browns
User avatar
Maximus T 62
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: 14 May 2013, 14:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby TippiestRook99 » 22 Aug 2013, 16:30

Let`s hope it`s better than another certain Roman themed game with microtransactions.
And that's why my butt hurts - Troy Baker - Men in Black:Alien Crisis

Since having a blog is mainstream these days.
http://eternalshag78.wordpress.com/
User avatar
TippiestRook99 54
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 21:21
Location: Ireland

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby Dave2123 » 23 Aug 2013, 02:29

I'm not a fan of micro-transactions; they just seems like a way for the publisher to get more money and for lazy people to cheat their way through the game.

However, I do love how it's Philip vs Microsoft. I don't fancy Philip's chances to be honest.
User avatar
Dave2123 29
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 08 Apr 2013, 17:09

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby mickhammo » 23 Aug 2013, 23:14

The game looks a little thin in the multiplayer, looks awfully similar to mass effect 3 (similar micro transactions as well) which got old very quickly. Hopefully the single player will be long and varied otherwise I won't be picking it up.
mickhammo 3
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Aug 2013, 23:10

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby Grummy » 23 Aug 2013, 23:22

mickhammo wrote:The game looks a little thin in the multiplayer, looks awfully similar to mass effect 3 (similar micro transactions as well) which got old very quickly. Hopefully the single player will be long and varied otherwise I won't be picking it up.


Why did you put this exact same comment on 2 separate articles?
One. Warrior. Nation.
User avatar
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 8428
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ryse Xbox One has multiplayer microtransactions - "very

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Aug 2013, 23:26

Grummy wrote:
mickhammo wrote:The game looks a little thin in the multiplayer, looks awfully similar to mass effect 3 (similar micro transactions as well) which got old very quickly. Hopefully the single player will be long and varied otherwise I won't be picking it up.


Why did you put this exact same comment on 2 separate articles?

Obviously because spreading the holy word will make the game become a blessed piece of artwork too beautiful to compare
Image
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 67
 
Posts: 4163
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CHANN1NG2, Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], mattchatt and 6 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]