to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Volition talks Xbox One, dedicated servers and why Saints Ro

Your comments on our articles.

It's great that next gen platforms aren't "typical" upgrades, says senior producer

Volition's Saints Row 4 is out in the UK today, and if you've read our review, you'll know it's an utter hoot. The developer has yet to announce what it's up to next, but senior producer Jim Boone was prepared to discuss some broad possibilities for Xbox One and PS4 when I caught up with him at a hands-on last month.... read more

Volition talks Xbox One, dedicated servers and why Saints Ro

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Aug 2013, 17:53

they should use that 1 mil $ they get from whoever purchases that rather pricey version and set it asides for graphics on the next game :lol:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Volition talks Xbox One, dedicated servers and why Saint

Postby mackered » 23 Aug 2013, 19:00

But Saints Row isn't about the graphics. It's about the laugh.
Jehovah Witnesses don't celebrate Halloween. Guess they don't like random people coming knocking on their doors. Also, when your partner says "correct me if I'm wrong" would you?
mackered 58

Postby Branhelm » 24 Aug 2013, 00:39

I got this today and noticed something. Co-op targets like cat & mouse. Do they count towards 100%? I hope not, but given that they are on the map I assume they do. If so then I'm a little annoyed that I can't get 100% on my own. I don't play online, my co-op partner is my girlfriend, who I live with. We only have one console so no LAN either. Multiplayer things shouldn't count towards single player game completion.

EDIT: After 100% an island without doing the co-op I can safely assume that co-op does not affect your percentage.
Last edited by Branhelm on 24 Aug 2013, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
Branhelm 24

Postby Dave2123 » 24 Aug 2013, 02:21

All the way through this article I couldn't help thinking: 'I bet he's not happy that I've been helping out Caesar's Legion'.
Dave2123 29

Postby Yungstar 2006 » 24 Aug 2013, 19:47

came in to thread to see what Volition said about Xbox and it's dedicated servers, can't see it.
Yungstar 2006 11

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Aug 2013, 22:45

Yungstar 2006 wrote:came in to thread to see what Volition said about Xbox and it's dedicated servers, can't see it.

You mean other than the part where the OXM writer mentions Cloud servers for all and the Volition guy says "for studios like us that's awesome..."?
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator