Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Ryse Day One Editions - what you'

Your comments on our articles.

Exclusive maps, cars, swords and costumes

Microsoft has released details of the Forza Motorsport 5, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse: Son of Rome Day One Editions, special game SKUs that are only available via pre-order at launch, or via digital download in the two weeks following release. If you're dedicated to the cause, you might want to invest - there are exclusive goodies to be had.... read more

Re: Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Ryse Day One Editions - what

Postby OXM ETboy » 27 Aug 2013, 14:32

Seems that way, yes.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby msbhvn » 27 Aug 2013, 15:13

Not really interested in Forza, and I've already pre-ordered Dead Rising 3, but Ryse seems a bit too risky given its tortured development. I'll download it within the two weeks if the reviews are good and get the goodies that way.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby FesLatif » 27 Aug 2013, 17:32

considering pre ordering the day one edition of forza as i wont have to fork out for fifa 14 (free download due to early pre order) also still not sold on ryse but probably gonna get titan fall, killer instinct & watchdogs on day of console release
FesLatif 23

Postby OXM ETboy » 27 Aug 2013, 17:38

Watch out, mate - Titanfall doesn't get here till 2014. :( You'll have to make do with either COD or Battlefield (or both).
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby evilcanofsoda » 27 Aug 2013, 17:53

Timmeh555 wrote:Bit of an odd question but if you preorder the disc versions of these games do they come in the cases of the first picture?

I think so.
Too bad I will not be getting them on Day One :(
Because those boxes look awesome conforming a big X all together.
evilcanofsoda 28

Postby delpoi » 27 Aug 2013, 18:25

This is the news I've been waiting for am going fully digital am so happy to hear the digital versions will come with added DLC that's the only thing i was worried about so phew great to know they are listening digital is the way forward :mrgreen:
delpoi 41

Postby Dave2123 » 27 Aug 2013, 21:29

So... pay £50 pounds and get a few minor extras or wait a few months and pay half price? As long as you have the patience, I think it's pretty obvious which one you'd do. I don't know why people pre-order; at least wait until it's out and people have done youtube videos on it. It will be the same price and you'll be sure that you like it. I want GTA V, but I'm very happy to wait a few months and get it for £20, instead of being weak minded and impatient and getting it on launch day, If you have the money, then fair enough, but I'd rather wait a while.
Dave2123 29

Postby Grummy » 27 Aug 2013, 22:22

Dave2123 wrote:So... pay £50 pounds and get a few minor extras or wait a few months and pay half price? As long as you have the patience, I think it's pretty obvious which one you'd do. I don't know why people pre-order; at least wait until it's out and people have done youtube videos on it. It will be the same price and you'll be sure that you like it. I want GTA V, but I'm very happy to wait a few months and get it for £20, instead of being weak minded and impatient and getting it on launch day, If you have the money, then fair enough, but I'd rather wait a while.

Less of the 'weak minded and impatient' please. Fine, you 'don't understand why people pre-order' despite having it reasonably explained to you once before, but that's no reason to be insulting. Disagree as you please, but please leave the rudeness behind, there's no call for it.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby msbhvn » 27 Aug 2013, 22:37

I'd be very surprised if the current situation where games are heavily discounted within weeks of release will continue with Xbox One, at least at first. The size of the customer base won't be enough to make a discount worthwhile. I'd love to be proved wrong, and maybe Cunning will tell me why if I am, since he usually does. :lol:
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby CunningSmile » 27 Aug 2013, 23:51

msbhvn wrote:I'd be very surprised if the current situation where games are heavily discounted within weeks of release will continue with Xbox One, at least at first. The size of the customer base won't be enough to make a discount worthwhile. I'd love to be proved wrong, and maybe Cunning will tell me why if I am, since he usually does. :lol:

Nope I agree 100% on this one :lol:
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 28 Aug 2013, 10:08

Dave2123 wrote:So... pay £50 pounds and get a few minor extras or wait a few months and pay half price? As long as you have the patience, I think it's pretty obvious which one you'd do. I don't know why people pre-order; at least wait until it's out and people have done youtube videos on it. It will be the same price and you'll be sure that you like it. I want GTA V, but I'm very happy to wait a few months and get it for £20, instead of being weak minded and impatient and getting it on launch day, If you have the money, then fair enough, but I'd rather wait a while.

Generally, Dave, our views tend to concur, however, on this occasion I'm going to break with protocol. I pre-order pretty much everything, and it's not unusual for me to get up to 6 games in a month. But I do so because I can afford to and because I have the time available to me that enables me, should I wish, to game for many hours a day. Yes, I could save myself a considerable amount of money if I were to buy weeks or months later, but why should I when I can afford to buy what I want, when I want? Your comment might have a bit of validity if the choice is between feeding the family or getting the latest Call of Duty, but I suspect there are very few people that would make the wrong choice if faced with such a decision.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 28 Aug 2013, 10:22

As much as I would like to go digital, and get each of these games in their digital form I am still somewhat bewildered as to the thinking that is currently going on at Microsoft; they want us to go digital, but give us no incentive to do so.

People were speculating prior to the Big U-Turn that we would be able to sell on our digital games (though Microsoft never once gave any policy details), and then people bemoaned the loss of such a (unconfirmed!) feature at the time of the Big U, though it made no sense as if Microsoft wanted us to have this feature, then it would still be possible, as the oft cited reason for us not being able to trade a digital game is the fact that we no longer need to be online, though that is nonsensical as you have to be online in order to download the digital game and so it is more of an excuse than a reason. I often hear people say that they would go digital because they wouldn't have to leave the sofa, but I have approaching 370 360 games and I would estimate that I have only bought about half-a-dozen games on the high-street, with all the others having been bought over the internet (i.e. without me having left the sofa!), and of the games that I have bought over the internet, I would estimate that I receive approaching 50% prior to the day of release, and have received a game 5 days before it's release before. If Microsoft want us to go digital, why are they not offering the games at a reasonable discount, or perhaps even a few days earlier than the retail editions? As it stands, I can see no incentive to go digital other than the fact that I won't have to buy yet another cabinet in which to house my games!
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby Grummy » 28 Aug 2013, 12:38

AllusiveTurtle wrote:As much as I would like to go digital, and get each of these games in their digital form I am still somewhat bewildered as to the thinking that is currently going on at Microsoft; they want us to go digital, but give us no incentive to do so.

Yet.

In actual fact, we know very little about the value of the digital market on the One at this time. We could speculate, but it would all be guesswork with one possibility no more or less likely than the next. For what its worth, I'm expecting the digital copies to carry the same RRP as the disc versions, but we'll be given the option to 'pre load' a game so we can play it as soon as it turns midnight. The real question would be regarding lowering the basic prices. RRP to begin with is going to be about £50 per game in disc form (it's always higher at the beginning) and I expect digital to be the same, but after a few months, game prices in disc form will drop to about the £40 mark again. That's when it'll get interesting, to see if the digital copies follow suit. After that, its all about the deals. Will they have regular sales once the list of games get to a higher number? If they want it to be the preferred option, they'll have to do 'something'. Who knows what their plans are right now though?
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby GHOSTY05 » 28 Aug 2013, 20:08

Or you could just order them on amazon and pay less than £50 for most of the games.

Battlefield 4 is £42 for example!
GHOSTY05 43

Postby CR33D » 02 Sep 2013, 18:23

Hey no need to insult, Reading your comment i could call you "Greedy" for wanting to get a copy of GTA:V Pre-owned just because it's cheaper. Then the Dev's would not make a penny of your purchase.

I have Pre-ordered about 4 of 5 games some having some good stuff too, I wouldn't call it "Weak minded" If they Pre-Order the game with their money it's their choice to buy it. I don't listen to reviews myself, i watch the trailer and a walkthrough of the first few missions. That way i get to make my OWN opinion of the game and not someone else who might not of liked it and gave it a bad review. Thus making me change my mind about the game.

And waiting a few months to get GTA:V £20? I'm guessing it would be a pre-owned copy? Pre-order gives Dev's all the money, Supporting them to make more games and you get a little reward. Pre-owning, Giving the Dev's nothing for the game THEY made. What's the better option?

Cum divites paupermen qui bellum gerunt suus moriatur...
CR33D 28

Next