to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Your comments on our articles.

8th November might not be the big day, according to second source

Xbox One's coming out on 8th November in the US, according to a report yesterday from Kotaku. "Oh no it isn't!" claims a second report published today, also from Kotaku. This is beginning to look like a tennis match, chaps - why not lock your sources in the cellar with a single broken pool cue and strict instructions to settle the matter like gentlemen? There can be only One, etc.... read more

Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby Entertainiast » 28 Aug 2013, 10:03

It would make sense for MS to launch first. I was disappointed they did not come out and announce the launch at GamesCom. We have PAX coming up and everyone has got to hope this is when the date will come out.
MS need to do something to bring some excitement to the console that has been lost. It would also launch very close to the COD Ghosts launch which can only be a good thing. However would this not affect sales of Ghosts for the first few days? Activision may ask for it to be pushed back a little.
All I know is I want one and I want one now!!
Entertainiast 11

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby SippiCup » 28 Aug 2013, 14:17

First off I believe that the release date is close but not on the 8th. I think it will be on the 5th, the same day that Ghosts comes out. The reason i believe this is because:

A) Ghosts release date is the only game with a SINGLE release date all over the net and their posters. Maybe they are contributing to the Xbox community FIRST just like their DLC.
B) Remember the video that was released showing Day One Release titles? if not check it out! COD Ghosts is on that list!

Do you think I am wrong, crazy or am I just the only on that had noticed this? Think about it ONE release date and the video. Put the 2 together. Let me know what you guys think about this prediction.
SippiCup 2

Postby Timmeh555 » 28 Aug 2013, 14:50

SippiCup wrote:First off I believe that the release date is close but not on the 8th. I think it will be on the 5th, the same day that Ghosts comes out. The reason i believe this is because:

A) Ghosts release date is the only game with a SINGLE release date all over the net and their posters. Maybe they are contributing to the Xbox community FIRST just like their DLC.
B) Remember the video that was released showing Day One Release titles? if not check it out! COD Ghosts is on that list!

Do you think I am wrong, crazy or am I just the only on that had noticed this? Think about it ONE release date and the video. Put the 2 together. Let me know what you guys think about this prediction.

I Think that it is plausible but that I think it is to early in November but I may be wrong, I think if it is the 5th then that will be the US and we will probably be a week or two later in the UK and Europe. I think that it will be something like week before in America over PS4 so 5 - 8 and the same in Europe so 18 - 22. anyone else agree with this?
Last edited by Timmeh555 on 28 Aug 2013, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
Timmeh555 44

Postby Grummy » 28 Aug 2013, 14:51

SippiCup wrote:First off I believe that the release date is close but not on the 8th. I think it will be on the 5th, the same day that Ghosts comes out. The reason i believe this is because:

It's an interesting shout, well thought through. The one sticking point I have on it is that for UK, our games related release day each week is a Friday, not a Tuesday, which is why the 8th makes more sense.

With that being said, Diablo 3 is out on Tuesday, GTA V also on a Tuesday a fortnight later, so there is precedent there. Also, I'm sure I remember hearing that Microsoft said something about wanting to do a global release on 1 date, and as America uses a Tuesday for their games related releases, a Tuesday is a possible release day and the 5th would seem to be the logical date.

On the flip side of that though, before the 360 was released, some of the 360 games were, so people were sitting around with Xbox 360 games with no console to play them on, so Ghosts could be released on the 5th for the One as well and people will buy it and still have to wait for the console to be released. Also, you say Ghost has a single release date, well if that is the case, that would count for the PS4 as well, which isn't released until later in the month, so either there IS different release dates, or Ghosts is being released that date for ALL platforms regardless on whether they're launched or not.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Kettch » 28 Aug 2013, 15:38

Home consoles don't tend to be released midweek in the UK. Note PS4 hitting on a Friday. Handhelds, yes. Home, no.
Ladies and gentlemen,take my advice: Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice
Kettch 24

Postby CunningSmile » 28 Aug 2013, 15:40

Kettch wrote:Home consoles don't tend to be released midweek in the UK. Note PS4 hitting on a Friday. Handhelds, yes. Home, no.

Alright Kettch, haven't seen you in ages.

Do you still work for a certain retailer who shall remain nameless? Any inside info to share?
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby MrT666 » 28 Aug 2013, 15:56

5th of november would be perfect, a new cod game on a next gen console on release. Just get the console out quickly, i'm so sick of this gen.
MrT666 18

Postby games1master_uk » 28 Aug 2013, 16:25

Humm all these dates flying around... well im thinking 15 please let me explain.

It is over a week for cod sales to die down and the cod rush and there might be some people who buy it for both 360 and XB1 just to say they have played it.

The 2nd reason is its 2 weeks b4 ps4 which means they might also grab a few people who might just be waiting for both to him the stores b4 buying.

3rd only game of note coming out on the gamestation website on the 15th is lego
games1master_uk 52

Postby lfcgorsty » 28 Aug 2013, 16:28

Personally, I don't care in the slightest when the console is released, be it before or after the PS4 as I buying an Xbox One on release, I just wish they'd give us a solid release date so I know when I need to have the money available for to purchase the console and to know if the majority of it will be coming out of Octobers or Novembers wages.
lfcgorsty 23

Postby Timmeh555 » 28 Aug 2013, 16:32

games1master_uk wrote:Humm all these dates flying around... well im thinking 15 please let me explain.

It is over a week for cod sales to die down and the cod rush and there might be some people who buy it for both 360 and XB1 just to say they have played it.

The 2nd reason is its 2 weeks b4 ps4 which means they might also grab a few people who might just be waiting for both to him the stores b4 buying.

I don't think this will be the date as if a post above is correct then it will launch in all 13 countries on the same day which if that is true then it would be the same day as the PS4 in the US, if you where thinking in regards to UK and Europe after the US then I guess it is possible.
Timmeh555 44

Postby lfcgorsty » 28 Aug 2013, 16:38

Timmeh555 wrote:
games1master_uk wrote:Humm all these dates flying around... well im thinking 15 please let me explain.

I don't think this will be the date as if a post above is correct then it will launch in all 13 countries on the same day which if that is true then it would be the same day as the PS4 in the US, if you where thinking in regards to UK and Europe after the US then I guess it is possible.

I don't see why the 15th would be too unrealistic, didn't Activision already say that if you bought CoD on 360 or PS3 you could essentially upgrade to the Xbox One and PS4 version for a tenner? Bringing it out a week would be a nice way to make an extra bit of money off the CoD die hards who have to have the game on release day while the more sane would wait a week and would save a tenner.

EDIT: Apparently I'm incorrect, there is a deal in place but it is through Amazon and Gamestop, not similar to the PS3 to PS4 upgrade. Suppose since I'm not planning on picking it up anyway its not as bad as it would be for some though.
lfcgorsty 23

Postby Grummy » 28 Aug 2013, 16:45

It might be the 15th but your reasons are very very weak friend.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby games1master_uk » 28 Aug 2013, 16:51

Not really microsoft like same day releases this isnt sega nintendo or sony. M/S has the money to back it as well where as sony dont. They will want it out b4 sonys and after cod. Maybe 12th in usa and 15th europe there will be a very close date between the 2 if not same day.
games1master_uk 52

Postby FishyGinger » 28 Aug 2013, 16:53

I believe it's the twelvety ninth because something or other.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby games1master_uk » 28 Aug 2013, 17:01

Hmmmm just been thinking if they cam become real good friends with cod maybe even 1st of november. XB1 owners get to play cod a week befor anyone else and a month b4 ps4 owners now that would be something... may explain why no date release they could be in talks trying to pull it off
games1master_uk 52

Next