to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Your comments on our articles.

8th November might not be the big day, according to second source

Xbox One's coming out on 8th November in the US, according to a report yesterday from Kotaku. "Oh no it isn't!" claims a second report published today, also from Kotaku. This is beginning to look like a tennis match, chaps - why not lock your sources in the cellar with a single broken pool cue and strict instructions to settle the matter like gentlemen? There can be only One, etc.... read more

Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby Entertainiast » 28 Aug 2013, 10:03

It would make sense for MS to launch first. I was disappointed they did not come out and announce the launch at GamesCom. We have PAX coming up and everyone has got to hope this is when the date will come out.
MS need to do something to bring some excitement to the console that has been lost. It would also launch very close to the COD Ghosts launch which can only be a good thing. However would this not affect sales of Ghosts for the first few days? Activision may ask for it to be pushed back a little.
All I know is I want one and I want one now!!
Entertainiast 12
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 10:16

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby SippiCup » 28 Aug 2013, 14:17

First off I believe that the release date is close but not on the 8th. I think it will be on the 5th, the same day that Ghosts comes out. The reason i believe this is because:

A) Ghosts release date is the only game with a SINGLE release date all over the net and their posters. Maybe they are contributing to the Xbox community FIRST just like their DLC.
B) Remember the video that was released showing Day One Release titles? if not check it out! COD Ghosts is on that list!

Do you think I am wrong, crazy or am I just the only on that had noticed this? Think about it ONE release date and the video. Put the 2 together. Let me know what you guys think about this prediction.
SippiCup 2
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 Aug 2013, 14:09

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby Grummy » 28 Aug 2013, 14:51

SippiCup wrote:First off I believe that the release date is close but not on the 8th. I think it will be on the 5th, the same day that Ghosts comes out. The reason i believe this is because:

A) Ghosts release date is the only game with a SINGLE release date all over the net and their posters. Maybe they are contributing to the Xbox community FIRST just like their DLC.
B) Remember the video that was released showing Day One Release titles? if not check it out! COD Ghosts is on that list!

Do you think I am wrong, crazy or am I just the only on that had noticed this? Think about it ONE release date and the video. Put the 2 together. Let me know what you guys think about this prediction.


It's an interesting shout, well thought through. The one sticking point I have on it is that for UK, our games related release day each week is a Friday, not a Tuesday, which is why the 8th makes more sense.

With that being said, Diablo 3 is out on Tuesday, GTA V also on a Tuesday a fortnight later, so there is precedent there. Also, I'm sure I remember hearing that Microsoft said something about wanting to do a global release on 1 date, and as America uses a Tuesday for their games related releases, a Tuesday is a possible release day and the 5th would seem to be the logical date.

On the flip side of that though, before the 360 was released, some of the 360 games were, so people were sitting around with Xbox 360 games with no console to play them on, so Ghosts could be released on the 5th for the One as well and people will buy it and still have to wait for the console to be released. Also, you say Ghost has a single release date, well if that is the case, that would count for the PS4 as well, which isn't released until later in the month, so either there IS different release dates, or Ghosts is being released that date for ALL platforms regardless on whether they're launched or not.
One. Warrior. Nation.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9330
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby Kettch » 28 Aug 2013, 15:38

Home consoles don't tend to be released midweek in the UK. Note PS4 hitting on a Friday. Handhelds, yes. Home, no.
Ladies and gentlemen,take my advice: Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice
Kettch 24
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 13:52
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby CunningSmile » 28 Aug 2013, 15:40

Kettch wrote:Home consoles don't tend to be released midweek in the UK. Note PS4 hitting on a Friday. Handhelds, yes. Home, no.


Alright Kettch, haven't seen you in ages.

Do you still work for a certain retailer who shall remain nameless? Any inside info to share?
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
User avatar
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 11373
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby MrT666 » 28 Aug 2013, 15:56

5th of november would be perfect, a new cod game on a next gen console on release. Just get the console out quickly, i'm so sick of this gen.
MrT666 18
 
Posts: 99
Joined: 10 Mar 2013, 16:10

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby games1master_uk » 28 Aug 2013, 16:25

Humm all these dates flying around... well im thinking 15 please let me explain.

It is over a week for cod sales to die down and the cod rush and there might be some people who buy it for both 360 and XB1 just to say they have played it.

The 2nd reason is its 2 weeks b4 ps4 which means they might also grab a few people who might just be waiting for both to him the stores b4 buying.

3rd only game of note coming out on the gamestation website on the 15th is lego
games1master_uk 52
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 28 Aug 2013, 16:16
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby lfcgorsty » 28 Aug 2013, 16:28

Personally, I don't care in the slightest when the console is released, be it before or after the PS4 as I buying an Xbox One on release, I just wish they'd give us a solid release date so I know when I need to have the money available for to purchase the console and to know if the majority of it will be coming out of Octobers or Novembers wages.
User avatar
lfcgorsty 23
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 28 Aug 2013, 16:18
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby lfcgorsty » 28 Aug 2013, 16:38

Timmeh555 wrote:
games1master_uk wrote:Humm all these dates flying around... well im thinking 15 please let me explain.

It is over a week for cod sales to die down and the cod rush and there might be some people who buy it for both 360 and XB1 just to say they have played it.

The 2nd reason is its 2 weeks b4 ps4 which means they might also grab a few people who might just be waiting for both to him the stores b4 buying.

3rd only game of note coming out on the gamestation website on the 15th is lego

I don't think this will be the date as if a post above is correct then it will launch in all 13 countries on the same day which if that is true then it would be the same day as the PS4 in the US, if you where thinking in regards to UK and Europe after the US then I guess it is possible.

I don't see why the 15th would be too unrealistic, didn't Activision already say that if you bought CoD on 360 or PS3 you could essentially upgrade to the Xbox One and PS4 version for a tenner? Bringing it out a week would be a nice way to make an extra bit of money off the CoD die hards who have to have the game on release day while the more sane would wait a week and would save a tenner.

EDIT: Apparently I'm incorrect, there is a deal in place but it is through Amazon and Gamestop, not similar to the PS3 to PS4 upgrade. Suppose since I'm not planning on picking it up anyway its not as bad as it would be for some though.
User avatar
lfcgorsty 23
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 28 Aug 2013, 16:18
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby Grummy » 28 Aug 2013, 16:45

games1master_uk wrote:Humm all these dates flying around... well im thinking 15 please let me explain.

It is over a week for cod sales to die down and the cod rush and there might be some people who buy it for both 360 and XB1 just to say they have played it.

The 2nd reason is its 2 weeks b4 ps4 which means they might also grab a few people who might just be waiting for both to him the stores b4 buying.

3rd only game of note coming out on the gamestation website on the 15th is lego


It might be the 15th but your reasons are very very weak friend.
One. Warrior. Nation.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9330
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby games1master_uk » 28 Aug 2013, 16:51

Not really microsoft like same day releases this isnt sega nintendo or sony. M/S has the money to back it as well where as sony dont. They will want it out b4 sonys and after cod. Maybe 12th in usa and 15th europe there will be a very close date between the 2 if not same day.
games1master_uk 52
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 28 Aug 2013, 16:16
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby FishyGinger » 28 Aug 2013, 16:53

I believe it's the twelvety ninth because something or other.
2 + 4 = Fish
User avatar
FishyGinger 70
 
Posts: 4623
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:42
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby games1master_uk » 28 Aug 2013, 17:01

Hmmmm just been thinking if they cam become real good friends with cod maybe even 1st of november. XB1 owners get to play cod a week befor anyone else and a month b4 ps4 owners now that would be something... may explain why no date release they could be in talks trying to pull it off
games1master_uk 52
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 28 Aug 2013, 16:16
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby Grummy » 28 Aug 2013, 17:06

games1master_uk wrote:Not really microsoft like same day releases this isnt sega nintendo or sony. M/S has the money to back it as well where as sony dont. They will want it out b4 sonys and after cod. Maybe 12th in usa and 15th europe there will be a very close date between the 2 if not same day.


Still weak reasons. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, but your comparisons to other platform holders is irrelevant as are your previous suggested reasons. The release date for Lego Marvel has nothing to do with the choice of release date for the XB1, yes, MS will likely want to get a jump on Sony, but that doesn't make the 15th any more likely than the 8th and the whole issue of the CoD sales makes no sense. Why would they want to release AFTER CoD is released? For the possibility of a few more sales? A questionable idea at best. It's a very very weak reason to run with and right now, you have no basis in fact for that, it's just pure guess work.

Like I said, your date might be accurate, and some of the stuff you've said makes sense, but they don't equate to solid reasons why the 15th is the likely date. (FYI, I also think it will be the 15th personally, I just don't see that your reasons are any evidence of that).

games1master_uk wrote:Hmmmm just been thinking if they cam become real good friends with cod maybe even 1st of november. XB1 owners get to play cod a week befor anyone else and a month b4 ps4 owners now that would be something... may explain why no date release they could be in talks trying to pull it off


And this is just clutching at straws dude, not even that perhaps, it's more like just making things up from nowhere.
One. Warrior. Nation.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9330
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Insiders disagree over Xbox One's release date

Postby Maximus T » 28 Aug 2013, 17:09

Rather than continuing to speculate, shall we just assume that it will be out in November and wait for more information? The majority of this is guesswork and we have very few good points to back up or deduce with. We have certain facts at our disposal but we need more to be able to link them into any worthwhile theory.
Image
A benzene ring changes everything.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
User avatar
Maximus T 70
 
Posts: 2383
Joined: 14 May 2013, 14:40
Location: United Kingdom

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]