to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Gearbox unveils Borderlands 2 Game of the Year - £75 w

Your comments on our articles.

Release date and contents announced

If you've yet to pick up Borderlands 2, undoubtedly Gearbox Software's finest hour, you might want to circle 11th October in your diary - that's the UK release date of the Game of the Year edition, which bundles up all post-release add-on content alongside the main game.... read more

Postby ScorpioRising » 28 Aug 2013, 13:21

does all the bonus content come on-disc or will there be downloadable codes like the Borderlands 1 GOTY Edition?
ScorpioRising 14

Postby Muppetman51 » 28 Aug 2013, 13:24

Well that's made my day and I'll definitely be getting it. Got the first game goty after a friend recommended it, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. After reading reviews etc of BL2 when stuff was released it was good to see what had changed and stayed the same, so I've been looking forward to this for a while now.

Also, slightly unrelated, apologies, have Gearbox confirmed any more dlc? I remember reading an article on here about how they were mulling over more when Tiny Tina's dlc was released and whether or not there would be a second season pass.
I like big BUTS and I cannot lie. Ha!
Muppetman51 35

Re: Gearbox unveils Borderlands 2 Game of the Year - £

Postby CunningSmile » 28 Aug 2013, 13:39

Muppetman51 wrote:Well that's made my day and I'll definitely be getting it. Got the first game goty after a friend recommended it, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. After reading reviews etc of BL2 when stuff was released it was good to see what had changed and stayed the same, so I've been looking forward to this for a while now.

Also, slightly unrelated, apologies, have Gearbox confirmed any more dlc? I remember reading an article on here about how they were mulling over more when Tiny Tina's dlc was released and whether or not there would be a second season pass.

They have confirmed there is more on the way (although not what, when or how any) but there won't be a season pass. There's a little sideline about it in this months mag.
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Postby tazzrats » 28 Aug 2013, 14:24

Despite the vast amount of weapons in this game i really was not struck, I love games like fallout, with that bit more depth, I found this and its combat very stale (And I am a photo realism type graphics snob :p )

BUT i have to admit, this is a pretty great deal! Bit of a middle finger to loyal members who bought them all on release, but that is gaming these days I guess :')
tazzrats 29

Postby Norbs » 28 Aug 2013, 15:36

tazzrats wrote:Despite the vast amount of weapons in this game i really was not struck, I love games like fallout, with that bit more depth, I found this and its combat very stale (And I am a photo realism type graphics snob :p )

BUT i have to admit, this is a pretty great deal! Bit of a middle finger to loyal members who bought them all on release, but that is gaming these days I guess :')

i was going to say that, i got it all on day 1 and tbh i feel like these things are a great big screw you to all loyal fans who made the game what it is, i love this game and own all dlc but because iv been loyal to them iv actually lost money and only have a normal copy of the game and most of my bloody hard drive full up
Norbs 17

Postby Time-Bomb » 29 Aug 2013, 23:52

Can someone help me here-

If I have Borderlands 2, but then buy this because I haven't played the dlc yet, can I use my save files from my Borderlands 2 game? Or will I have to start over?
Time-Bomb 46

Postby CunningSmile » 30 Aug 2013, 09:50

Time-Bomb wrote:Can someone help me here-

If I have Borderlands 2, but then buy this because I haven't played the dlc yet, can I use my save files from my Borderlands 2 game? Or will I have to start over?

Not sure about Borderlands but most GOTY editions can access regular saves. It also depends how the extras are added on; Bethesda normally repackage the regular game but add a second disc full of DLC so all saves are transferrable, EA favours just giving you the normal game repackaged with some download codes etc. If Gearbox decide to produce new discs with everything integrated that may be a problem, but it's unlikely.
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Postby Time-Bomb » 30 Aug 2013, 20:20

CunningSmile wrote:
Time-Bomb wrote:Can someone help me here-

Not sure about Borderlands but most GOTY editions can access regular saves. It also depends how the extras are added on; Bethesda normally repackage the regular game but add a second disc full of DLC so all saves are transferrable, EA favours just giving you the normal game repackaged with some download codes etc. If Gearbox decide to produce new discs with everything integrated that may be a problem, but it's unlikely.

Ahh good to hear! Thanks!
Time-Bomb 46