to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

I'm seeing Dragon Age: Inquisition - what do you want to kno

Your comments on our articles.

Fill the void that is Ed's skull with lines of inquiry

Dragon Age: Inquisition might be next year's most interesting RPG, though not because the omens are unambiguously good - quite the contrary, in fact. BioWare has the ungainly spectre of Dragon Age 2 to dispel, after all, and fierce competition to reckon with in the shape of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Lords of the Fallen and Fable Legends. It also aims to pull off a more strategic take on BioWare's classic evolving world template, putting you in charge of a sort of Tolkein-era version of XCOM. Fancy razing a village? Restoring a ruin to serve as a military outpost? These and other choices are yours.... read more

I'm seeing Dragon Age: Inquisition - what do you want to kno

Postby Maximus T » 29 Aug 2013, 11:51

Well one thing we are always taught is that questions must be open ended, so be careful with your third one there, and the last one. I can't offer owt else as I haven't played any Dragon Age. Do we know anything about potential use of "the cloud" and other next gen features? Those are what I'm interested in.
#browns
Maximus T 62

Re: I'm seeing Dragon Age: Inquisition - what do you want to

Postby OXM ETboy » 29 Aug 2013, 12:07

They've said they're interested in the cloud, but have no plans to announce on that front.

My, seems nobody gives a monkey's about Dragon Age. Come now - questions!
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Aug 2013, 12:23

Firstly the obvious question is will it be any good? DA2 had it's good points but felt very weak compared to most Bioware games.

Will we see a return to choices that matter? DA2's biggest failing for me was that no matter what you chose the result was the same: Choice A and a character died, choice B and they lived but moved far away to never be seen again. Either way they were gone from your world. And I still maintain that "Shall I take part in genocide?" isn't a choice no matter how you dress it up so the end of the game was dreadful.

Will the world evolve? Biggest failing for DA2 was we were stuck in one place that never changed. I would have forgiven it a lot more if the city had changed from one chapter to another to reflect the choices made, instead it felt dead and static.

EDIT: Plus how are the previous two games going to carry over? In a good way that has impact or just a string of cameos?
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Maximus T » 29 Aug 2013, 12:24

There's a guy on Facebook with some Qs:
Will there be a demo?
What's happened between 2 & 3?
Will the skill trees be expanded?
Will there be dlc at launch?
How many hours of actual gameplay are there?
How many stories (playable characters) will there be?

Edit : More
Are there more than 3 classes to choose from?
Last edited by Maximus T on 29 Aug 2013, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
#browns
Maximus T 62

Postby Metalrodent » 29 Aug 2013, 12:26

does it have flying lazer kittens of rainbow death?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby OXM ETboy » 29 Aug 2013, 12:31

From the Twitter feed: "how big is the biggest dragon?"
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Guilty Sparks » 29 Aug 2013, 12:40

As touched on in a previous article regarding the save transfers -

http://www.oxm.co.uk/61247/dragon-age-inquisition-how-youll-transfer-your-origins-and-da2-saves/

Are Bioware planning to include story lines/choices for those who purchased the DLC from DA: Origins i.e. Awakening, Witch hunt etc. When pre-configuring the new world in DA:Inquisition and will it work like Mass Effect's Genesis Comic ?

Is Morrigan returning in DA:Inquisition and in what capacity ? There are lot of loose ends to explore, especially if the Warden chose to romance her - the Old God Child (Possibly the main antagonist?)

Will we return to Kirkwall at any point in DA:I to see the changes that stemmed from choosing either the Templars / Mages in DA:2 ?

How long is DA:I is it similar to the timescale of DA:O or DA:2 ?

Can my mabari hound - Mr.Wiggums, make a return... please :lol:

That enough Ed ? I have more but it will cost you an Xbox One :wink:
Oracle? Great Journey? Why do you meddlers insist on using such inaccurate verbiage?
Guilty Sparks 37

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Aug 2013, 12:50

Guilty Sparks wrote:Can my mabari hound - Mr.Wiggums, make a return... please :lol:

I called mine Barkspawn, and now you mention it I'd quite like him back
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 29 Aug 2013, 12:54

Guilty Sparks wrote:That enough Ed ? I have more but it will cost you an Xbox One :wink:

Thank you! Had I an Xbox One for every time I'm asked for a free Xbox One, I'd give you an Xbox One.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby SilentDark » 29 Aug 2013, 13:08

Can you play as a Gnome? Can you also have romances as a Gnome? Will it be monogamy as usual or can you be a player? Can you have a harem thing going? Will there be a Gnome/Dwarf love interest? Can we have a unicorn mount? Will there be space dragons?
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby Ashkaari » 29 Aug 2013, 13:17

I'd just like to know if Sten will be making an appearance as Arishok... So I suppose I will ask if the Qunari have a large role in the plot of Inquisition? I'd ask something about the Black City, but it seems likely enough to me that it'll make an appearance (they'd probably keep schtum anyways).

I'm also interested in what the endings will be like. I don't think anyone wants another Mass Effect slip up (I will not reference YoungTobias here).
In about 5 minutes I will look back at this with an urge to erase my stupidity.
Ashkaari 38

Postby GracieD » 29 Aug 2013, 13:37

"If I give you a fiver will you make this a Xbox One exclusive?"
If they do make it an exclusive I for one would be royally pissed.
GracieD 14

Postby Decent_Jam » 29 Aug 2013, 13:44

CunningSmile wrote:Will the world evolve? Biggest failing for DA2 was we were stuck in one place that never changed. I would have forgiven it a lot more if the city had changed from one chapter to another to reflect the choices made, instead it felt dead and static.

EDIT: Plus how are the previous two games going to carry over? In a good way that has impact or just a string of cameos?

Good questions here.

Having only played 2 and not Origins I'm interested to see how the gameplay differs from two and whether elements lost from Origins will return. I forget specifics, but some fans around here came up with things when we were discussing 2 ages back.

I don't really want to know how big or expansive the map is, that's all just scale and means little in practice to me. What I am interested in is how varied a landscape you will be able to explore. I'm not expecting ice planets of Hoth contrasted with forest moons of Endor (that would be rediculous....ahem). But what will make the setting distinctive from your average sprawling fantasy title.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby Grummy » 29 Aug 2013, 14:41

OK, what races can I play? Can I create myself an exceptionally violent Dwarf named sausages for example?

What are they doing to make combat more exciting? My constant problem with combat in RPGs is that they tend to be varying degrees of hit button to make kill. Are we getting a new combat system? The same as what's gone before? Do we get interesting new kill animations that make us feel badass?

Lets expand on this, what about Stealth and Magic? Do we have options to play a stealthy character who can actually move around the world being a badass assassin? Is magic just a case of pick spell, push button or is it more intricate and varied?

Have they taken any influences from other successful RPGs? Dragons Dogma's way of dealing with larger enemies for example? How about The Witcher's approach of researching enemies to discover new information and new ways to tackle them?

What have we got to do in the way of 'ambient gameplay'? Any sort of house building? Can we establish and build settlements and communities? Do our actions have real impact on the games eco systems? Can we hunt rare animals into extinction for example?
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby HooksaN » 29 Aug 2013, 14:48

For me the biggest issue will be making it a full RPG again,and my focus for that is definitely on the party members.

I played through DA:O and Awakening twice. I had a much better experience the second time as it tool me that long to fully appreciate all the depth and detail of the character build options, skill trees and equipment etc.

I thought the storyline(s) in DA2 were still brilliant, and really well told. What spoiled it for me was the massive limitations on character crafting. This was especially true for the party members. No clothing options at all (although rebel Anders changed robe colour! woo!). Incredibly limited skill trees and no real opportunity for cross-classing.

sooooo... (skip to the end) I'd like to see a return to the original (or similar) character creation/progression that allowed much broader opportunities for character builds.

....Oh and better combat.
HooksaN 12

Next