to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Peter Molyneux "surprised" that Fable Legends isn't Fable 4,

Your comments on our articles.

"At least there's got to be a chicken, surely."

Peter Molyneux might not work at Lionhead any more, but he's quite happy to discuss the recently announced Fable Legends, an always-online, party-based action role-player that's due on Xbox One no earlier than 2014. Speaking to IGN, Molyneux confessed that he's a little disappointed by Lionhead's decision not to make a narrative sequel to Fable 3, observing that there's a "great prize" to be won by continuing the numbered franchise's experiments with emotive storytelling.... read more

Peter Molyneux "surprised" that Fable Legends isn't Fable 4,

Postby battfink83 » 30 Aug 2013, 11:04

Tbh I have slightly mixdd feelings about this fable, not sure if the new focus on 4 player coop is going to cheapen the fable experience. Fingers crossed its another goodun
battfink83 47

Re: Peter Molyneux "surprised" that Fable Legends isn't Fabl

Postby SmgUk » 30 Aug 2013, 11:50

I love all the Fable games and really looking forward to this but i still hope its just a stop gap until Fable 4 comes out.
SmgUk 25

Postby PonderingWalrus » 30 Aug 2013, 18:10

Why do I get the feeling Peter Molyneux has been giving pointers to Infinity Ward about what to do with Call Of Duty: Ghosts?

Infinity Ward: What can we do to take Call Of Duty to the next level?

Peter: Add more dog!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby evilcanofsoda » 30 Aug 2013, 19:57

We need more dogs!

Watch_Dogs needs more dogs.
Halo needs more dogs.
Forza needs more dogs.
DeadRising needs more dogs.
Quantum Break better be adding quantum dogs.
That barely known Black Tusk game better be about dogs.
Assassins Creed needs more dogs and assassin turkeys.
Battlefield better add dogs or they will lose against CoD.
Zoo Tycoon actually has a good amount of dogs. :lol:
evilcanofsoda 28

Postby Dave2123 » 30 Aug 2013, 22:10

How does one make a dog "insightful". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that dogs don't have a huge level of cognitive processing power. If it could quote Nietzsche or have the deductive reasoning of Sherlock Holmes then it could come out with some very profound, insightful things, but dogs don't usually have that sort of intelligence. Also, they can't talk. Looking back on it, I probably should have started with that.
Dave2123 29

Postby Grummy » 30 Aug 2013, 22:11

Dave2123 wrote:How does one make a dog "insightful". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that dogs don't have a huge level of cognitive processing power. If it could quote Nietzsche or have the deductive reasoning of Sherlock Holmes then it could come out with some very profound, insightful things, but dogs don't usually have that sort of intelligence. Also, they can't talk. Looking back on it, I probably should have started with that.

Lassie did. Lassie knew that the square root of 9 is 3.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby Insaneyokel » 30 Aug 2013, 22:49

Nah skippy the kangaroo was more believable, he always knew which well those kids were stuck down :D
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby DHUK » 31 Aug 2013, 03:21

Dave2123 wrote:How does one make a dog "insightful". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that dogs don't have a huge level of cognitive processing power. If it could quote Nietzsche or have the deductive reasoning of Sherlock Holmes then it could come out with some very profound, insightful things, but dogs don't usually have that sort of intelligence. Also, they can't talk. Looking back on it, I probably should have started with that.

Fable has magic (or mana, or Will...or maybe all three, I forget). 'Magic' is an exceedingly good justification for anything; ranging from dogs with the cognitive abilities of your average teen, to why exactly Sauron turned into a giant flaming eye after he had his finger cut off.

"Ah don't mind tha mayte, jus' magic innit"
DHUK 37