to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

September's free Xbox games with Gold - Magic: The Gathering

Your comments on our articles.

Shadowrun free again in South Africa

Microsoft has announced September's free Xbox games for Gold subscribers. You can expect Magic: The Gathering 2013 on the 1st, as rumoured this morning, followed by Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas on the 16th. Xbox Live users in South Africa will receive Shadowrun for free in place of Rainbow Six.... read more

Postby tazzrats » 30 Aug 2013, 17:01

This is just shocking, I am sorry MS but we pay alot, I alone WAS paying for family pack ( Now even more :/) xbox music, to be used on my surface , windows 8 pc and Xbox. This means I spend alot on MS, and I am yet to see any sort of 'thank you'.

Then we have the amount EVERYONE pays for xbox live, I love it, i like my xbox more than my ps3 and I am getting the ONE over the 4 , BUT, I mean come on MS, surely you can do better than this!
tazzrats 27

Re: September's free Xbox games with Gold - Magic: The Gathe

Postby Chameleon » 30 Aug 2013, 17:07

Haven't played an R6 game for ages so, whilst I won't be downloading Magic, another game that I'd never got around to will make it to my collection come the 16th.
Happy gamer :D
Now I just need to find the time to play them :?
Chameleon 44

Postby vampero » 30 Aug 2013, 17:12

CRAP ! lol :D

September PlayStation Plus : Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (PS3),ICO (PS3),GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP, PS Vita),Rayman Origins (PS Vita) and Galaga Legions DX (PS3).

I hope MS stops being so cheap !
vampero 10

Postby Jigster1 » 30 Aug 2013, 17:17

Not great MS! Although not criticizing Magic because I did that with Defence Grid and that was excellent! :D As RV6 played the demo yearsssssss ago and well wasn't any good at it sooo I might give that another go! :P
Jigster1 45

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 30 Aug 2013, 17:17

Underwhelming, Microsoft failing to deliver yet again. Playstation subscribers get Rayman Origins and Ico next month for free.

I could buy Rainbow 6 Vegas cheaper than the amount Id have to pay for a single month of live (Excluding any offers)

This solidifies my reasons for not renewing my subscription for Xbox Live, Microsoft just aren't trying to match the more recent and classic games that Playstation subscribers get for free.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby OXM ETboy » 30 Aug 2013, 17:17

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun times.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby lazercut123 » 30 Aug 2013, 17:17

I don't get why people complain about live prices, i mean £3 a month for two free games and the many, many other things we get; FFS, stop complaining and be appreciative for once, they don't have to give us any games. Yeah, magic probably isn't that good a game but games like DR2 are worth like £7, so if you get these games then you are actually saving money by getting live.

Sorry if I seem like a dick, but it's just my opinion. :?
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby Hollg » 30 Aug 2013, 17:27

This is like dumping rubbish on others just to get rid of it.

Pathetic Microsoft, really sad, sad company.
Hollg 29

Postby Cokney Charmer » 30 Aug 2013, 17:31

Wow...its a struggle to even try and work out what the people in charge of this promotion were even thinking about when they gave this the big OK.

Rainbow Six Vegas is a good shooter, but...its so dated now visually and in gameplay. it looks as old as it really is.

All this will do is have Xbox members angry and insulted at this and Microsoft again mocked by any PSN + subscribers, again.

Bad work Microsoft, bad work
Twitter = @CockneyCharmer
Cokney Charmer 21

Postby HadoukenMorris » 30 Aug 2013, 17:33

lazercut123 wrote:I don't get why people complain about live prices, i mean £3 a month for two free games and the many, many other things we get; FFS, stop complaining and be appreciative for once, they don't have to give us any games. Yeah, magic probably isn't that good a game but games like DR2 are worth like £7, so if you get these games then you are actually saving money by getting live.

People are complaining because this isn't very good, to be honest. I have a 360 and PS3, and I pay for XBL and PS+. I pay £1 extra a month for PS+, yet with that service I get 5 free games every month. It's not good enough on the part of MS. Also, may I just point out that Magic is actually very good.
HadoukenMorris 29

Postby lazercut123 » 30 Aug 2013, 17:38

HadoukenMorris wrote:
lazercut123 wrote:I don't get why people complain about live prices, i mean £3 a month for two free games and the many, many other things we get; FFS, stop complaining and be appreciative for once, they don't have to give us any games. Yeah, magic probably isn't that good a game but games like DR2 are worth like £7, so if you get these games then you are actually saving money by getting live.

People are complaining because this isn't very good, to be honest. I have a 360 and PS3, and I pay for XBL and PS+. I pay £1 extra a month for PS+, yet with that service I get 5 free games every month. It's not good enough on the part of MS. Also, may I just point out that Magic is actually very good.

I assumed it was bad because so many people are complaining.
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby Grummy » 30 Aug 2013, 17:39

tazzrats wrote:This is just shocking, I am sorry MS but we pay alot, I alone WAS paying for family pack ( Now even more :/) xbox music, to be used on my surface , windows 8 pc and Xbox. This means I spend alot on MS, and I am yet to see any sort of 'thank you'.

Then we have the amount EVERYONE pays for xbox live, I love it, i like my xbox more than my ps3 and I am getting the ONE over the 4 , BUT, I mean come on MS, surely you can do better than this!

Wait, you expect a thank you for paying for a service you want?

Do you expect to be thanked by Galaxy every time you buy a chocolate bar too?

This sense of entitlement people are demonstrating is insane. Microsoft are providing a product, we CHOOSE to spend money on it, they don't owe us anything.

It seems like every month when these free games are announced there is always someone complaining about them being lame or proclaiming their disgust that MS are giving away a poor choice of games and then, amusingly, they start throwing out the argument of 'I pay X amount for Gold, I expect more for my money'. Well wake up people, you pay the price for Gold services, this is a bonus that MS never had to provide. If anything it is us who should be thanking them, but no, of course, the sense of entitlement gets in the way.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby captainhetty » 30 Aug 2013, 17:41

I think some people just complain for the sake of complaining, to be honest.

Every month there's a deluge of people who are unhappy with what they're being given - simple answer is, if you don't like it, don't download it. The majority of the people complaining have been paying for Gold for a long, long period of time without being given any free games - now all of a sudden they deserve more for their money :/
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
PSN - captain_hetty
captainhetty 56

Postby Metalrodent » 30 Aug 2013, 17:42

Nice, I've got R6 V2 but never played the first, so I can finally give it a go

then they just need to give GRAW 1 for free :lol:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Bugsquat » 30 Aug 2013, 17:51

Why all this aggro against Magic? Granted it's a niche game, but...what's wrong with that? Don't tell me you don't even want to dabble in it at all? Maybe, I dunno, try it first? It's not a blockbuster release, but there's still plenty of time for that!
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 30

Next