to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Borderlands 2's second Ultimate Vault Hunter DLC pack dated

Your comments on our articles.

Increases level and adds Digistruct Peak Challenge, out this Tuesday

Gearbox is just about ready to launch even more content for Borderlands 2, as unveiled last month. First up is the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge, which lands on September 3rd.... read more

Borderlands 2's second Ultimate Vault Hunter DLC pack dated

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 31 Aug 2013, 11:39

I will definitely be getting this new DLC myself (after all, I've got the spend the £64.26 that the conversion from msp to sterling left me with on something!). I'm really looking forward to it, but the only characters I have at 61 are a Commando and a Mecromancer, so I'm trying my hardest to get my Siren, who sits on 53, up to 61 by next Tuesday and I don't know whether the XP has been slightly nerfed since the latest update, but I feel like I'm just crawling through the levels!
AllusiveTurtle 44

Re: Borderlands 2's second Ultimate Vault Hunter DLC pack da

Postby Cpt Rex Kramer » 31 Aug 2013, 13:00

You think there will be additional achievements with the upcoming DLC? I have really enjoyed the Borderland series, and I've already obtained 100% on both Borderlands and their DLC's, but I've grown somewhat tired of it, and really don't want to pay more money just to keep my 100% status. But in the end, I probably will. :wink:
Cpt Rex Kramer 27

Postby PCG The_B » 31 Aug 2013, 13:26

Cpt Rex Kramer wrote:You think there will be additional achievements with the upcoming DLC? I have really enjoyed the Borderland series, and I've already obtained 100% on both Borderlands and their DLC's, but I've grown somewhat tired of it, and really don't want to pay more money just to keep my 100% status. But in the end, I probably will. :wink:

I think (but don't hold me to this) that Borderlands 2 have maxed out their allocation of achievements at this point (there's a limit even after DLC has been added). I'm sure someone will correct me on that if I'm wrong though.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby LethalBuddha » 31 Aug 2013, 17:49

I've still got to download all the dlc since pirates booty, I've got the season pass but just stopped playing it as I couldn't cope with the cheaters the game kept pairing me up with. Have they stopped that hack where players could level up to 150? If so I might give it another go.
.-- . .-.. .-.. / -.. --- -. . --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- .-. -.- . -.. / --- ..- - / .- / .--. --- .. -. - .-.. . ... ... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -- . ... ... .- --. .
LethalBuddha 32

Postby Muppetman51 » 01 Sep 2013, 17:18

Well I've been holding off until the Game of the Year edition and with the £35 I'll save picking it up, I don't see why not. I quite like the idea of even more Borderlands. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
I summon bigger fish to crush Bubble
Muppetman51 41

Postby Dave2123 » 01 Sep 2013, 21:12

I bought Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition, which had all the DLC and that gave you an increased level cap, but I was already at level 50 when I was only about 75% of the way through the game. It sort of ruined it; games should have a level cap so that you aren't at the highest level when you complete the game. I know this is sort of off topic, but I haven't been able to mention it before.
Dave2123 29

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 05 Sep 2013, 12:23

Dave2123 wrote:I bought Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition, which had all the DLC and that gave you an increased level cap, but I was already at level 50 when I was only about 75% of the way through the game. It sort of ruined it; games should have a level cap so that you aren't at the highest level when you complete the game. I know this is sort of off topic, but I haven't been able to mention it before.

I don't entirely agree with you (again! What's happening?), I do think you are right in saying you hit the level cap too early in the game, but if you only want to play through a game once, hitting the level cap before the end of the game is essential if you want to explore the powers that each additional level brings. The problem comes when, in the case of the Borderlands games, if you choose to do all the side quests, you can hit the level cap well before you near the end of the game, and then there is a sense of 'pointlessness' as you fail to earn XP for events that you feel you should. But to be forced to play through a game more than once, simply to get to the highest levels, is no fun at all (even more so if the game is no fun to play). Overall I think the Borderlands games have got the balance about right, but I have played a few games where I have failed to achieve the highest levels, even though I have finished the game, simply because I didn't have it in me to carry on with another play-though.
AllusiveTurtle 44