to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

How the Xbox One cloud makes Forza 5 a better game in new vi

Your comments on our articles.

"The system you're going to race on launch day is different from the system two or three weeks later."

We've heard lots on how the upcoming Forza 5 is to utilize the Xbox One's cloud computing capabilities are going to enhance the fancy Drivatar system, and as the launch of the game (and console) gets nearer, Xbox have been giving a little more information on the additional benefits afforded by the cloud.... read more

How the Xbox One cloud makes Forza 5 a better game in new vi

Postby SF1 » 31 Aug 2013, 13:44

Forza5 is my most anticipated game for XB1. There are several games that will be in my house before Christmas 2013, but this is the one I already have on preorder.
SF1 27

Re: How the Xbox One cloud makes Forza 5 a better game in ne

Postby fracturedrich » 31 Aug 2013, 17:06

SF1 wrote:Forza5 is my most anticipated game for XB1. There are several games that will be in my house before Christmas 2013, but this is the one I already have on preorder.

Same
fracturedrich 47

Postby stylon » 31 Aug 2013, 17:49

Definitely one of my most anticipated titles alongside Titanfall, AC4 and Ryse. Haven't pre-ordered because I'm edging towards going all-digital for this gen - just waiting for an indication of price to make my mind up really.

Just wondering - if the 'drivatars' are going to improve the more people play - does that mean single player races get harder to win as time goes on???
stylon 56

Postby SmgUk » 31 Aug 2013, 18:31

Does anyone know if the pre-order price on GAME for the Day One Edition is going to stay that way because if it is i am thinking of cancelling it and going for the Special Edition instead which has more cars
SmgUk 26

Postby Bin Boy Billy » 31 Aug 2013, 20:54

Looking so good, cannot wait for this and my Xbox One. Also the way he said how the cloud could be used was brilliant and i'm excited to see what is done with the cloud and how it is used.... I'm starting to sound like a marketing person now.

And Stylon I think that it is designed so that the drivatars will be based around you're skill level although I would expect the average skill level to increase.
Bin Boy Billy 36

Postby SF1 » 01 Sep 2013, 19:20

As I understand it, the drivatar system in the cloud learns types of behaviour from everyone's racing, the applies to individual drivatars of players the way they use the behaviours it has learned. In other words, it learns all possible driving styles from us all, then analyses your style to apply the appropriate parts where you would like use them as you play.

I think that drivatar opponents will be chosen for us according to our own playstyle and the skill level we select in the options.
SF1 27

Postby Dave2123 » 01 Sep 2013, 21:09

I'll be honest, out of all the things Forza 5 is doing, Drivatar is the one I don't really care about. It just sounds as though you'll end up racing against sporadic opponents. The AI is good enough as it is and, in a lot of racing games, the AI is better than humans as they don't make mistakes.
Dave2123 29

Postby ImTehBAwsss » 02 Sep 2013, 10:07

This game just keeps sounding better and better.
Part of the 4RUMGaming community
ImTehBAwsss 29