to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Ubisoft unveils Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon trilogy boxset

Your comments on our articles.

Three is the magic number

Are you starting to run out of shelf space, but would like to revisit some of Ubisoft's older titles? You might be in luck as Ubisoft have revealed a pair of trilogy collections coming to the 360 later this year themed with two of their most popular series.... read more

Ubisoft unveils Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon trilogy boxset

Postby Maximus T » 31 Aug 2013, 13:56

I have all three Ezio games still, but I haven't played Ghost Recon before, so I may give that trilogy a go. I noticed that the scores slowly deteriorated over time, not by much, but it still raises a point I have been pondering upon:
The main reasons that scores for games of the same franchise go down as more titles are released is that we expect more from said games, but don't neccesarily get it. Anyway, what I am really trying to get around to asking is how you are going to calibrate your scoring systems for next generation, when the overall quality of a lot of games is likely to be higher, almost immediately?
Last edited by Maximus T on 01 Sep 2013, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
This signature is so amazing, you get a +1 morale boost just for reading it.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 70

Re: Ubisoft unveils Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon trilogy bo

Postby Metalrodent » 31 Aug 2013, 14:53

the problem with an Ezio pack is it means you're going to get 3 very similar games, if they included 1 and 3 instead then there would at least be more location and plot variety
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby evilcanofsoda » 01 Sep 2013, 00:02

I'll be picking them both.
Especially the Ghost Recon pack. :mrgreen:
evilcanofsoda 28

Postby lfcgorsty » 01 Sep 2013, 00:04

Great idea for those coming late to the party, some quality games, pointless for me though as I own them all already
lfcgorsty 23

Postby smp1987 » 01 Sep 2013, 13:00

Ezio games are all the same brotherhood was like an AC2 expatiation and im sure 90% of xbox players will ether have played AC2 or will have download it when it was game with gold in July? for me i would have AC 1 2 3 then you get the best of all of them
smp1987 25

Postby Dave2123 » 01 Sep 2013, 21:00

I have just completed AC2 again and still can't understand how people can say it's better than 3 or that Ezio's a better character. Almost everything about it is worse than 3, it was just repetitive, boring and frustrating (I still got 100% synch and got all the achievements though). The story is just : kill him, follow him, kill them, etc.; there's no plot (until The Apple makes an appearance), there is basically no Desmond story unlike in 3, and Ezio is a terrible assassin. He's arrogant, childish and selfish; he's only killing those Templars for revenge, not because he understands The Creed and what the Templars are doing is wrong. He only wants to be an assassin because it's an easy path to finding those that killed his family; even when he defeats Borgia at the end, the only thing he mentions is his family, not that he's stopping him because he believes that what The Templars are doing is wrong.

Connor, however, is mature, deep, philosophical and understands the true threat that the Templars pose (as he makes clear when he kills them, which Ezio doesn't). Connor is the first true assassin (Altair didn't have a clue what was going on, so doesn't really count, he was still better than Ezio though). You might like Ezio's bad-man attitude better, but you can't tell me he's a true assassin like Connor is.

I'm in the process of researching the games so I can right something which will hopefully convince you all why 3 is better. I'll try to be objective, but ultimately games aren't. However, I doubt anyone would be able to defend 2 when they realise the true differences, that I will make clear.
Dave2123 29