to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

XCOM: Enemy Within gets War Machines trailer

Your comments on our articles.

How many Rhodes must a soldier walk down before he becomes a man?

If there's one sure-fire way to get us excited about your game, it's showing off big cybernetic soliders ker-biffing aliens all up in their tentacle parts. And that's exactly what 2K delivers in this new trailer for the upcoming XCOM: Enemy Within - the expanded re-release of last year's superb XCOM: Enemy Unknown... read more

XCOM: Enemy Within gets War Machines trailer

Postby Maximus T » 31 Aug 2013, 18:54

Excellent pun!

This expansion looks great, how much will it cost for just the expansion, in comparison to getting the whole thing?
This signature is so amazing, you get a +1 morale boost just for reading it.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 70

Re: XCOM: Enemy Within gets War Machines trailer

Postby Plamsa wing » 31 Aug 2013, 19:04

Despite this coming second for my personal GotY last year, (Dragon's Dogma came first), I can't help but feel this is just too close to next-gen, to warrant a purchase on the Xbox 360.

I might wait until the inevitable day this goes on Steam sale.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby PCG The_B » 31 Aug 2013, 19:11

Maximus T wrote:Excellent pun!

This expansion looks great, how much will it cost for just the expansion, in comparison to getting the whole thing?

By the sounds of Ed's previous article I'm afraid it doesn't look like you'll be able to get just the expansion, at least on the 360.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby ninjadan8988 » 31 Aug 2013, 19:14

Maximus T wrote:This expansion looks great, how much will it cost for just the expansion, in comparison to getting the whole thing?

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure when it was first officially revealed, it was said that the expansion isn't going to be available separately, so you'd have to buy the game again.

Have to admit, that if this is true it's put me off buying it. As much as I enjoyed XCOM: Enemy Unknown, I cant justify buying it again to play an expansion, especially as there's a good chance the Xbox One will be released around that date.
ninjadan8988 56

Postby Maximus T » 31 Aug 2013, 19:31

Darn, must have mis-read something. I wonder how much I can trade Enemy Unknown in for in that case, because this looks like a bumper refill bag for quality.
Maximus T 70

Postby CSCS » 31 Aug 2013, 20:00

So is it another Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen type deal? The original game and the expansion included? Cause I didn't pick up the original and might have a look at this.
CSCS 13

Postby PCG The_B » 31 Aug 2013, 20:25

CSCS wrote:So is it another Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen type deal? The original game and the expansion included? Cause I didn't pick up the original and might have a look at this.

By the sounds of it, yes. Dragon's Dogma is exactly the example Ed used in that previous article linked above. ;)
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby Bin Boy Billy » 31 Aug 2013, 20:59

Anyone else think that the narrator sounded a bit like Optimus Prime?
Bin Boy Billy 36

Postby Grummy » 31 Aug 2013, 21:33

Bin Boy Billy wrote:Anyone else think that the narrator sounded a bit like Optimus Prime?

It WAS Optimus Prime. Not his voice actor, the actual real Optimus Prime. Firaxis have him on a contract for VO work and the autobots are currently interviewing for a new leader.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby CSCS » 31 Aug 2013, 22:07

PCG The_B wrote:
CSCS wrote:So is it another Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen type deal? The original game and the expansion included? Cause I didn't pick up the original and might have a look at this.

By the sounds of it, yes. Dragon's Dogma is exactly the example Ed used in that previous article linked above. ;)

My bad mate didn't see it, what do you think of the XCOM games? Worth a gander? I've still got to play Bioshock Infinite and i've got GTA V and Lego Marvel Super Heroes coming do you think it's worth picking up?
CSCS 13

Postby Maximus T » 31 Aug 2013, 22:24

CSCS wrote:
PCG The_B wrote:By the sounds of it, yes. Dragon's Dogma is exactly the example Ed used in that previous article linked above. ;)

My bad mate didn't see it, what do you think of the XCOM games? Worth a gander? I've still got to play Bioshock Infinite and i've got GTA V and Lego Marvel Super Heroes coming do you think it's worth picking up?

XCOM is bloody brilliantastic. It murders your heart but you just love it more and more.
Maximus T 70

Postby CSCS » 31 Aug 2013, 22:39

Maximus T wrote:
XCOM is bloody brilliantastic. It murders your heart but you just love it more and more.

Is it as hard as the old ones mate, I remember watching my dad get his ass kicked by Xcom and Jagged Alliance on our first PC :lol:
CSCS 13

Postby PCG The_B » 31 Aug 2013, 22:42

CSCS wrote:My bad mate didn't see it, what do you think of the XCOM games? Worth a gander? I've still got to play Bioshock Infinite and i've got GTA V and Lego Marvel Super Heroes coming do you think it's worth picking up?

So many times yes. If there's one thing I have in common with Ed apart from being Northern, it's how much love I have for XCOM EU. Wonderful update of a smart game that's really well realised from the original.

(Confession: I genuinely prefer it to the original too, as I never got on with the concept of Time Units.)

Its difficulty is as hard as you want to a point. It can be easier than the original, but I recommend turning on Ironman mode - it means any decisions are permanent (as it only gives you one save that overwrites every time you do anything.) - makes it so much more tense and the sense of loss greater as it's not cheapened by a reload of an earlier mistake.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby Dave2123 » 01 Sep 2013, 20:40

Wow, great trailer. Who doesn't like augmentations and cybernetics?
Dave2123 29

Postby CunningSmile » 02 Sep 2013, 09:49

Dave2123 wrote:Wow, great trailer. Who doesn't like augmentations and cybernetics?

Jean-Luc Picard
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Next