to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition incoming

Your comments on our articles.

Contents include the War Games map pass, Champions DLC bundle and more

It seems there's Game of the Year editions popping up all over the shop - earlier in the week it was Borderlands 2, and now Master Chief's latest adventure and the start of the Reclaimer Saga is getting a fancy bundled up package.... read more

Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition incoming

Postby HappyMandem » 01 Sep 2013, 16:50

That is a really good deal
HappyMandem 10

Re: Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition incoming

Postby Savoci » 01 Sep 2013, 17:54

So, I bought the Limited Edition because...? I get that they do these bundles to try squeeze a bit more money out of the consumers, but I still can't help but feel I've been a bit ripped off...
Savoci 18

Postby PCG The_B » 01 Sep 2013, 18:00

Savoci wrote:So, I bought the Limited Edition because...? I get that they do these bundles to try squeeze a bit more money out of the consumers, but I still can't help but feel I've been a bit ripped off...

In fairness, you got the LE content a full year before everyone else.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 65

Postby Savoci » 01 Sep 2013, 18:35

PCG The_B wrote:
Savoci wrote:So, I bought the Limited Edition because...? I get that they do these bundles to try squeeze a bit more money out of the consumers, but I still can't help but feel I've been a bit ripped off...

In fairness, you got the LE content a full year before everyone else.

Very true, but with this edition, you get all of the content, and then some, for less. Might just be me, but that doesn't seem very fair.
Savoci 18

Postby BattleRifle BR55 » 13 Sep 2013, 23:05

I think you're missing the point of these alternate re-releases. They're not for the fans, but to gather in new players by offering a lower price and/or some extras. Unless you would have rather waited an entire year for a potential deal, and given up on the collector's edition (unless you're the kind of gamer who buys these exclusively for the digital content), this edition is not for you.
BattleRifle BR55 1

Postby Grummy » 13 Sep 2013, 23:59

Savoci wrote:
Very true, but with this edition, you get all of the content, and then some, for less. Might just be me, but that doesn't seem very fair.

It's extremely fair, you get a choice, pay more for earlier access or wait and pay less. All you're doing is measuring the worth of the thing, if you bought the LE then that means that, for you, it was worth paying out the full price so you could access the content immediately. You really have no place to complain now. You had a choice, you made that choice. If you want to be mad, be mad at yourself, you're the one who decided to spend the money.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby SilentDark » 14 Sep 2013, 13:25

Got to agree with Grummy on this one. This is hardly the first game given the GOTY treatment. The package is just a way to get on board late comers. At this stage the people most likely to hop on board are those who can get the whole experience in one package. They aren't looking to get the DLC on top. You don't like it, well in future just wait for the GOTY edition, of course there is no guarantee the publisher will actually do one.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62