to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Battlefield 4 multiplayer - my greatest feats and lowest mom

Your comments on our articles.

Ed reflects on his time on Paracel Storm

Sometimes all you can say is "I was there". And possibly, "I did my bit". Earlier this summer, I flew to Stockholm in Sweden to participate in my very first 64-player match of Battlefield 4, a game that is to glistening Chinese skyscrapers what a drunk driver is to a curbside snowman. The journey itself was a breathtaking tale of everyday heroism, in which I got lost in airports and courageously attempted to list some Swedish celebrities over dinner. And the hands-on? Well, the waters are murkier.... read more

Battlefield 4 multiplayer - my greatest feats and lowest mom

Postby LeprechaunsWOOD » 03 Sep 2013, 18:56

off to buy the magazine now :D
LeprechaunsWOOD 27

Re: Battlefield 4 multiplayer - my greatest feats and lowest

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Sep 2013, 19:04

Here's a couple of questions:
1. Are the factions still limited to US v whatever foreign faction this game happens to have you butcher'? (as in are their different nationalities on each map?)
2. That parrot that appears in the image, does it show up in gameplay? Be nice if the maps did have animals and other ambient effects
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby OXM ETboy » 03 Sep 2013, 19:27

I managed to miss the parrot, which was a crushing disappointment as you can imagine. The factions are the US, Russia and China, I think.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Grummy » 03 Sep 2013, 19:38

OXM ETboy wrote:I managed to miss the parrot, which was a crushing disappointment as you can imagine. The factions are the US, Russia and China, I think.

They are indeed, the dude from Dice who was at Gamescom confirmed that, I've also seen gameplay videos that have Russia vs China. What I'm really interested in is the prospect of 3 team maps, I don't expect we'll get any, but it would be very cool if we could.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby Neil H » 03 Sep 2013, 19:49

Has there been any hands on reports in regards to the Xbox one version? curious to know how it holds up technically - been hearing bad things about the ps4 build
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby Dave2123 » 03 Sep 2013, 19:56

Metalrodent wrote:2. That parrot that appears in the image, does it show up in gameplay? Be nice if the maps did have animals and other ambient effects

To be honest, I doubt wildlife likes sticking around once a gun fight has started. You don't often see pictures of no man's land during WW1 with a deer walking through it.
Dave2123 29

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Sep 2013, 20:04

Dave2123 wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:2. That parrot that appears in the image, does it show up in gameplay? Be nice if the maps did have animals and other ambient effects

To be honest, I doubt wildlife likes sticking around once a gun fight has started. You don't often see pictures of no man's land during WW1 with a deer walking through it.

That is true, but it would be cool if they stuck around until the first shots were fired, when you can see the various animals scarper to safety
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Joe90_Remy700 » 03 Sep 2013, 20:25

is it fairly pointless going at it on foot, like in bf3 where the vehicles are far too overpowered compared to infantry?
GT: heart attak joe
Joe90_Remy700 44

Postby ThatOneGamer » 04 Sep 2013, 02:36

I realise that BF may not be everyones game but I can't wait for this game to drop, should be hella fun!
ThatOneGamer 17

Postby SmgUk » 04 Sep 2013, 10:00

I want to like BF4 but I dunno i just think the maps are too big and the game gets taken too seriously.

Think i will finally be buying another COD game.
SmgUk 25

Postby Joe90_Remy700 » 04 Sep 2013, 17:48

SmgUk wrote:I want to like BF4 but I dunno i just think the maps are too big and the game gets taken too seriously.

Think i will finally be buying another COD game.

admittedly it takes a lot of getting used to if you have played a lot of CoD, but can be well worth the hard transition, and contrary to your opinion of it being so serious i find it great for a laugh as there are so many "wtf, did you see that" moments that can have you in stitches laughing. another win for next gen dvr!
Joe90_Remy700 44

Postby OXM ETboy » 04 Sep 2013, 18:24

@Neil H

As regards the Xbox One version, I haven't had a chance to play it yet - this was on a PC version specced to be "comparable" to an Xbox One, using an Xbox 360 controller.

@Joe90_Remy700

There are no vehicles in Domination, AFAIK, and you can always avoid vehicles in other modes, but I can't say I found vehicles over-powered versus infantry in BF3, so I'm not sure what you'd think of the vehicle support in BF4. For me, half the fun of Battlefield is working out how to take down a tank, heli or similar.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Joe90_Remy700 » 04 Sep 2013, 19:08

oh i agree completely - i have most points scored as engineer - but it also takes teamwork which, lets face it, goes out the window when half a team are sniping albeit badly!
i just found rpg's poor against tanks/ifv's etc (although i had shot down littlebirds twice in one recent match first shot) especially if you compare them to badco 2 where it was generally 3 rpg's and tank go boom!
Joe90_Remy700 44

Postby ipsofacto » 04 Sep 2013, 21:31

"Sure, discovering that DICE had unlocked all the game's guns and class gadgets for the occasion might have had something to do with that, but I also like to think I thrive in cramped space" hahaha

I'm really struggling with this. Nothing I've read about from people who've played it say they're that impressed. I gave up on COD a few years ago and BF4 was going to be my first go at BF but I get the impression of a really average game. Though the 64-player online sounds awesome
ipsofacto 42

Postby GHOSTY05 » 13 Sep 2013, 19:35

ipsofacto wrote:"Sure, discovering that DICE had unlocked all the game's guns and class gadgets for the occasion might have had something to do with that, but I also like to think I thrive in cramped space" hahaha

I'm really struggling with this. Nothing I've read about from people who've played it say they're that impressed. I gave up on COD a few years ago and BF4 was going to be my first go at BF but I get the impression of a really average game. Though the 64-player online sounds awesome

I am confused as to what you people expect?

Whats average about it?, was BF3 average?

At the end of the day its just more of the same, with a bit more polish, 64 players and extra weapons and vehicles.

That is what i want, i don't want them to change the whole BF experience yet again, BF3 had it perfectly balanced!
GHOSTY05 39

Next