Xbox One pre-orders break all Microsoft records, more Day On

Your comments on our articles.

Pre-orders up 200% in Europe since Gamescom

Xbox One pre-orders have entered Microsoft history books, the firm has announced - according to vice-president of marketing, strategy and business Yusuf Mehdi, the firm has "sold out of our pre-order supply faster than at any other time in our history and we are on path to have the biggest launch of an Xbox ever".... read more

Xbox One pre-orders break all Microsoft records, more Day On

Postby Vulgar Plebeian » 04 Sep 2013, 14:13

That's not too shabby a figure is it? Now I only have to hope the Advocacy Team sort out the problem with my Microsoft Account before November 22nd.
Vulgar Plebeian 47

Re: Xbox One pre-orders break all Microsoft records, more Da

Postby Decent_Jam » 04 Sep 2013, 16:00

In the interest of context, how well are PS4s preorders doing? Presumably stronger?

I don't think the whole 'fight!' aspect, which the national media will undoubtedly play up to, is very interesting generally but interesting to see how the moves the companies have made have had an impact.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : MCC, Sunset O, Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 63

Postby Grummy » 04 Sep 2013, 16:03

Vulgar Plebeian wrote:That's not too shabby a figure is it? Now I only have to hope the Advocacy Team sort out the problem with my Microsoft Account before November 22nd.

What's up with it?
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Windowlicker79 » 04 Sep 2013, 17:03

This "Day One" limited edition console thing as a marketing master stroke. So many hardcore Xbox fans will be desperate to have that little logo on their controller and as a result Microsoft are going to shift an insane number of units.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 55

Postby taternuggets » 04 Sep 2013, 19:44

Windowlicker79 wrote:This "Day One" limited edition console thing as a marketing master stroke. So many hardcore Xbox fans will be desperate to have that little logo on their controller and as a result Microsoft are going to shift an insane number of units.

Is there really a little logo on the controller? Sweet. :D
taternuggets 37

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Sep 2013, 19:45

taternuggets wrote:
Windowlicker79 wrote:This "Day One" limited edition console thing as a marketing master stroke. So many hardcore Xbox fans will be desperate to have that little logo on their controller and as a result Microsoft are going to shift an insane number of units.

Is there really a little logo on the controller? Sweet. :D

don't forget your exclusive Day One achievement
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby taternuggets » 04 Sep 2013, 19:53

Metalrodent wrote:don't forget your exclusive Day One achievement

OMG!! If you say there is some sort of avatar merchandise included I'll lose it.
taternuggets 37

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Sep 2013, 19:58

taternuggets wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:don't forget your exclusive Day One achievement

OMG!! If you say there is some sort of avatar merchandise included I'll lose it.

sadly not, avatars are no more on the One
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby taternuggets » 04 Sep 2013, 20:03

Metalrodent wrote:sadly not, avatars are no more on the One

:cry: Preorder cancelled.
taternuggets 37

Postby CunningSmile » 04 Sep 2013, 20:26

taternuggets wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:sadly not, avatars are no more on the One

:cry: Preorder cancelled.

They have actually confirmed that avatars are sticking around, and will automatically transfer across with your profile, but you'll have a few more options. Wonder if this means we can use Kinect for the full body scan Aoife was showing off?
A Tweet is like an episode of Game of Thrones; there are 140 characters and something awful usually happens
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby mackered » 04 Sep 2013, 20:30

They have actually confirmed that avatars are sticking around, and will automatically transfer across with your profile, but you'll have a few more options. Wonder if this means we can use Kinect for the full body scan Aoife was showing off?[/quote]

You mean that I can now make my avatar like the prat I designed in saints row without actually trying.... Sweet
When I arrived on business in Australia, Immigration asked me if I had a criminal record. I said "sorry, no, I didn't know we still needed one".
mackered 59

Postby Bin Boy Billy » 04 Sep 2013, 20:42

And that is why they included Fifa. Many gamers may not of wanted it but it will of attracted plenty of casual gamers over to Xbox One.
Bin Boy Billy 37

Postby Dave2123 » 04 Sep 2013, 22:52

Decent_Jam wrote:In the interest of context, how well are PS4s preorders doing? Presumably stronger?

I don't think the whole 'fight!' aspect, which the national media will undoubtedly play up to, is very interesting generally but interesting to see how the moves the companies have made have had an impact.

I doubt the PS4 is doing that much better, or will be at all this time next year, because the majority of people who are buying them don't know about the so called "issues" that The One has had. It's only hardcore folk like us who will be affected, and to be honest, I been swayed greatly towards Microsoft, due to how appalling Sony have behaved. Most people will go: 'I have a 360, I'll get The One' or vice-versa. I doubt the u-turns, etc. will affect sales that much.
Dave2123 29

Postby Vulgar Plebeian » 05 Sep 2013, 02:48

Grummy wrote:What's up with it?

I can't purchase anything from the Marketplace - unable to use either my Microsoft Account or credit card. Support were unable to remedy the situation and escalated my concern to the Advocacy Team. They, in turn, have sent an e-mail to me on the 29th August. I followed their instructions, replied to the e-mail on 1st September and have heard nothing since.

Seeing as I have had this problem (a concern is a problem with a cherry on top) since 13th August then November might be a realistic target for it to be resolved? :?

Joking aside, this is seriously beginning to gnaw at my patience. I'm hoping that it will be all as it should by the end of September - which is a generous time scale I think. I appreciate that there are many millions of customers and this is the first instance of a problem in nearly eight years. All I wish for is a speedy and satisfactory outcome of the situation. I did not change any of my details before it ceased to work properly.

Failing that, options available - depending on how extreme an action I take according to my mood include;

* Setting up a new profile for my purchase of The One and starting from scratch (goodbye Gamerscore)
    * Cancelling my pre-order of The One.
    * Destroying my 360 in a temper tantrum - I have a spare.

Once I am able to use my account to purchase from the Marketplace, I'm positive that I will be a happy bunny again and laugh at this whole episode.
Vulgar Plebeian 47

Postby Grummy » 05 Sep 2013, 03:35

I assume you've read this, but just in case you haven't...

http://www.oxm.co.uk/61740/xbox-live-hi ... -affected/

It doesn't offer any resolution for you, but it seems clear to me that your problem is likely linked to this and that you're not the only one having it. I would guess the only reason you haven't heard much back is that it's not a simple fix and the Advocacy team are waiting for the fix to be rolled out (most likely in a Dashboard update) before letting you know.

The one bright side is that, if this is the issue you're facing, it's an important one so it's a priority for MS and it will be fixed ASAP. I advise patience for the moment, wait until this is fixed and see if your problems are too.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Next