to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dead Rising 3's "fully unconstrained world" only possible on

Your comments on our articles.

Fire, physics and terrain detail are streets ahead of previous Dead Risings

Dead Rising 3 on Xbox 360? Sure thing - and you'll be able to play it while straddling a flying pig, deep in the frozen bowels of Pandemonium. Oh wait, you were serious? Let us help with that: speaking to OXM at Gamescom, Capcom Vancouver producer Mike Jones has discussed how the (unequivocally) Xbox One exclusive action game makes use of all that shiny, shiny new technology.... read more

Dead Rising 3's "fully unconstrained world" only possible on

Postby Decent_Jam » 04 Sep 2013, 16:06

The zombies are aware of you and each other? So what does that actually mean in practice, how will it be any different from the previous game or L4D for example?

A more expansive world is all well and good, but you can only be in one place at a time so I doubt it will make as much difference as they are claiming. Are they expecting people to have enough time to see the beauty and wonder and horror of the zombies on the horizon with all the slaying you'll be busy doing?
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Destiny, Watch Dogs, TF, KI, Forza 5 - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 62

Re: Dead Rising 3's "fully unconstrained world" only possibl

Postby Grummy » 04 Sep 2013, 16:24

Well in previous DR games all they've really done is mill around and wait for you to come right up to them before they do anything with the occasional one moving for you, now though there is more mentality about them, they can see you from further away and react to you, their actions can have a domino effect too, if they start screaming 'rargh brains' or whatever, then others further out can hear them and move to see what's going on. Put it another way, in previous DR games, the zombies had a small sphere of action about 2 ft all around them, outside of that they never really knew what was happening, here though each individual zombie has a much much larger sphere, or perhaps not one at all, so they act much more like you would expect a zombie horde to act. I liken it to modern zombies compared to 70's zombies. In the classic zombie movies, zombies were just brainless eating machines that milled around until you got too close, the modern zombies in TWD etc are much more.....proactive, I guess, for lack of a better term.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Pal Gill » 04 Sep 2013, 16:56

Grummy wrote:Well in previous DR games all they've really done is mill around and wait for you to come right up to them before they do anything with the occasional one moving for you, now though there is more mentality about them, they can see you from further away and react to you, their actions can have a domino effect too, if they start screaming 'rargh brains' or whatever, then others further out can hear them and move to see what's going on. Put it another way, in previous DR games, the zombies had a small sphere of action about 2 ft all around them, outside of that they never really knew what was happening, here though each individual zombie has a much much larger sphere, or perhaps not one at all, so they act much more like you would expect a zombie horde to act. I liken it to modern zombies compared to 70's zombies. In the classic zombie movies, zombies were just brainless eating machines that milled around until you got too close, the modern zombies in TWD etc are much more.....proactive, I guess, for lack of a better term.

Well said!!! Although not a day one purchase i will defo be picking this up! :D
Pal Gill 37

Postby Dave2123 » 04 Sep 2013, 22:37

This game is looking great, but I still haven't played DR2 that I downloaded with Games for Gold.
Dave2123 29

Postby Drainwater » 04 Sep 2013, 22:56

We might finally be approaching the ultimate zombie game. If not this one, then certainly on this system at some point.
Drainwater 35

Postby GHOSTY05 » 05 Sep 2013, 09:10

Grummy wrote:Well in previous DR games all they've really done is mill around and wait for you to come right up to them before they do anything with the occasional one moving for you, now though there is more mentality about them, they can see you from further away and react to you, their actions can have a domino effect too, if they start screaming 'rargh brains' or whatever, then others further out can hear them and move to see what's going on. Put it another way, in previous DR games, the zombies had a small sphere of action about 2 ft all around them, outside of that they never really knew what was happening, here though each individual zombie has a much much larger sphere, or perhaps not one at all, so they act much more like you would expect a zombie horde to act. I liken it to modern zombies compared to 70's zombies. In the classic zombie movies, zombies were just brainless eating machines that milled around until you got too close, the modern zombies in TWD etc are much more.....proactive, I guess, for lack of a better term.

Especially when you shout "Oi Meat Head" on your kinect and then they all start running for you......cannot wait for this!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GHOSTY05 40

Postby Spartan Edge » 07 Sep 2013, 13:27

Dead Rising 3's "fully unconstrained world" only possible on Xbox One"

Or the more powerful PS4, or PC.
Spartan Edge 13

Postby Insaneyokel » 07 Sep 2013, 14:20

What they are proposing sounds very interesting, it really shows how far gaming has come sine I played on the Sinclair spectrum :D Might have to take a look at this when I get my Xbox One :D
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby Spartan Edge » 07 Sep 2013, 17:05

Insaneyokel wrote:What they are proposing sounds very interesting, it really shows how far gaming has come sine I played on the Sinclair spectrum :D Might have to take a look at this when I get my Xbox One :D

The game does look good, i'll say that. Does anyone know if it has Co-Op, like DR2?
Spartan Edge 13