to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live hit by service alert - downloadable game purchases

Your comments on our articles.

"Don't worry; we're working hard to find a fix!"

Xbox Live is having another one of its wobbly episodes, brethren - Microsoft has issued a service alert, warning of potential trouble when buying games and items, paying for an Xbox Live subscription, or creating and recovering accounts.... read more

Xbox Live hit by service alert - downloadable game purchases

Postby SilentDark » 04 Sep 2013, 21:51

Funnily enough I had problems downloading some free DLC today because Live "can't recover your credit card details"

Doesn't really bode well for this always connected future people keep harping on about though. :wink:
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Re: Xbox Live hit by service alert - downloadable game purch

Postby Dave2123 » 04 Sep 2013, 22:40

Have they announced what's causing the problem, because things don't just usually muck up? It's all been programmed and working for ages; some idiot probably deleted some code by accident or Sony might have hacked them to try and convince people why the-console-that-shall-not-be-named isn't as rubbish as it looks compared to The One.
Dave2123 29

Postby evilcanofsoda » 04 Sep 2013, 23:42

Dave2123 wrote:the-console-that-shall-not-be-named

:lol:

The Mighty Xbox One
The-console-that-shall-not-be-named
How we shall call the other console?...
evilcanofsoda 28

Postby DigitalGeist » 12 Sep 2013, 22:11

Check in 30mins...? I wish it's the 12th today (late) and the service is still down. Can't buy anything and I was after the Arkham City Pack too but as far as the Xbox is concerned the game doesn't exist?

Why is there nowhere to view how much credit you have remaining?? I still refuse to give M$ my banking details, I have a cousin who's son has left home 2yrs ago and they are still taking the money off her credit card for Gold for an Xbox he no longer has (idiot)

Internet always on huh!? :roll:
DigitalGeist 10

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Sep 2013, 22:15

DigitalGeist wrote:Check in 30mins...? I wish it's the 12th today (late) and the service is still down. Can't buy anything and I was after the Arkham City Pack too but as far as the Xbox is concerned the game doesn't exist?

Why is there nowhere to view how much credit you have remaining?? I still refuse to give M$ my banking details, I have a cousin who's son has left home 2yrs ago and they are still taking the money off her credit card for Gold for an Xbox he no longer has (idiot)

Still having problems? I downloaded something twenty minutes ago with no problems so Live is def working.
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby SilentDark » 12 Sep 2013, 22:39

Can't download demos, add ons, games, only media and apps seems to be unaffected. Haven't tried any MP so can't comment on that.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby DigitalGeist » 13 Sep 2013, 15:13

CunningSmile wrote:
DigitalGeist wrote:Check in 30mins...? I wish it's the 12th today (late) and the service is still down. Can't buy anything and I was after the Arkham City Pack too but as far as the Xbox is concerned the game doesn't exist?

Still having problems? I downloaded something twenty minutes ago with no problems so Live is def working.

Yeah your right finally managed to D/L the Arkham City pack I was after, if your still having problems try pressing: down,right,left,left,up,up,right,B,X, LB & RB together

Never take a weapon into a fight that can be used against you.
DigitalGeist 10

Postby Muttari » 09 Oct 2013, 01:17

I just downloaded the free version of xbox live and its been an hour and it lets me go in the store etc. but when I try to go into Multiplayer on xbox live it says "the current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live" and I checked network settings and it said service alert on the accounts part with a "!" on it. I even made a whole new account thinking I did something wrong and its still the same problem.....
Muttari 1

Postby CR33D » 09 Oct 2013, 01:20

Muttari wrote:I just downloaded the free version of xbox live and its been an hour and it lets me go in the store etc. but when I try to go into Multiplayer on xbox live it says "the current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live" and I checked network settings and it said service alert on the accounts part with a "!" on it. I even made a whole new account thinking I did something wrong and its still the same problem.....

Xbox Live Silver does not let you play online in multipllayer games. You must have Xbox Live Gold to do that. (It's £6.99 per month i think)

Cum divites paupermen qui bellum gerunt suus moriatur...
CR33D 28

Postby SilentDark » 09 Oct 2013, 13:49

£5.99 a month, £14.99 a quarter, £39.99 a year, although there might be better deals at retail.
SilentDark 66

Postby CunningSmile » 09 Oct 2013, 14:03

Amazon normally charge around the £30 mark for a years membership
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator