to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One Day One Forza Motorsport 5 Edition pre-orders sell

Your comments on our articles.

GAME, Shopto.net and Amazon are almost completely out of allocated stock

Dear me, things are certainly ramping up now. After the Xbox One's launch date was officially unveiled yesterday, additional Day One pre-order bundles were allocated to a select few retailers, along with a new free game, Forza Motorsport 5.... read more

Postby artful c0dger » 05 Sep 2013, 10:53

I managed to get my sons and my pre-ordered consoles swapped over in store this morning but they said that they had only been allocated 3 Forza bundles and that I'd just had 2 of them.
artful c0dger 17

Postby ImTehBAwsss » 05 Sep 2013, 11:00

Got mine switched through Amazon but have lost a day on delivery. Might be worth checking for those who have as mine was put back until the 25th until i spoke to customer service.
Part of the 4RUMGaming community
ImTehBAwsss 29

Re: Xbox One Day One Forza Motorsport 5 Edition pre-orders s

Postby GHOSTY05 » 05 Sep 2013, 11:12

Amazon would not let me swap and said i have to cancel my Fifa order and re-order the Forza Bundle.

So amazon how do you prepose i do that when you have sold out of the forza bundle?

So i'm stuck with Fifa, how hard is it to swap over a digital code??.....A complete joke if you ask me.

Thanks amazon.
GHOSTY05 40

Postby stylon » 05 Sep 2013, 13:03

Just changed my local Game store pre-order that I made back in June for the Forza one. Guy told me they were only allocated 4 of the Forza bundles. They wouldn't do it over the phone so I spent my lunch hour sorting it out face to face.

Cannot wait.
stylon 55

Postby games1master_uk » 05 Sep 2013, 13:16

With me its been which game do i hate the most lol im not keen on either of them 2 games though i loved horizon... so i dont mind sticking with fifa. I think maybe they should of had a little more to pick from but then again i pre ordered mine when it was just the console so anything free is a bonus
games1master_uk 52

Postby msbhvn » 05 Sep 2013, 13:50

Bit of a shame really. Hope everyone who got one really wanted the game. Sadly for me, I don't care about football and racing games aren't my thing either. If a Dead Rising 3 bundle gets announced, I'll be round my local GAME before the page has finished loading. :lol:
#SaveOXM
msbhvn 69

Postby vadersmyfather » 05 Sep 2013, 13:54

I'm surprised they have released a number of bundles. I'd go for a watch dogs one myself.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby Insufferablee » 05 Sep 2013, 14:21

I put my money down the first week Game started taking preorders and have just been told I can't swap for a Forza edition. That's the price of loyalty I guess.

I keep telling myself that when I preordered I wasn't expecting a free game at all so it's not that bad... Still bloody annoyed though!
Insufferablee 2

Postby N00binator 360 » 05 Sep 2013, 14:32

msbhvn wrote:Bit of a shame really. Hope everyone who got one really wanted the game. Sadly for me, I don't care about football and racing games aren't my thing either. If a Dead Rising 3 bundle gets announced, I'll be round my local GAME before the page has finished loading. :lol:

Could always pre-order this bad boy if you've got £560 burning a hole in your pocket...

http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/xbo ... sing-extra
N00binator 360 30

Postby Pidgeman » 05 Sep 2013, 14:55

I've contacted Amazon about changing my order first by phone where the guy didn't have a clue and was convinced I wasn't supposed to receive any free game at all and then by email and they said they will let me know within 2 days. Not holding out much hope though. Can't blame them though I guess if they are sold out. I think it would be nice if Microsoft had been more open about their plans from the start. That way people could have chosen the game they preferred for themselves. As someone else said it almost feels like being loyal and ordering early had backfired. I know it's still a free game but it definitely rankles knowing that if I'd waited I could have had a game I love instead of a game I'm not interested in at all.
Pidgeman 35

Postby N00binator 360 » 05 Sep 2013, 15:05

I'm a bit sceptical that I will actually get my Day One edition on 'day one' as I have pre-ordered with Amazon and they are notorious for not delivering games on release day so I'm expecting console delivery to follow suit - a Day Four edition if you will.

Still, I had £125 worth of Amazon vouchers to spend so I am willing to take a hit in order to get the console for just over £300 with a free game. Not too shabby.
N00binator 360 30

Postby KillerByte » 05 Sep 2013, 15:12

Was going to upgrade but couldn't get it swapped by GAME
KillerByte 18

Postby Plamsa wing » 05 Sep 2013, 17:17

Hoping Shopto get some more in stock. Their site slowed down around the same time and either BT or SKY decided to "fix" the line yesterday, so the internet was out for four or five hours.
Last edited by Plamsa wing on 05 Sep 2013, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
The bitterns are doing it for me.
Plamsa wing 56

Postby Joe90_Remy700 » 05 Sep 2013, 17:20

bloody lucky timing on my behalf to get one placed yesterday evening then! thanks oxm, if i didn't check i would never have known!
i'm sure there are plenty of people who cant get a day one edition but love fifa so whoever is stuck with the fifa code you could always flog it on ebay, i would have done the same if i had it
GT: heart attak joe
Joe90_Remy700 46

Postby paulbrown23 » 05 Sep 2013, 17:54

Walked into my local Game 2 hours ago and asked if they had any Day One editions left. Was told that they had only 2 left, so I bit the bullet and preordered. Guess I was one of the lucky ones.
paulbrown23 38

Next