to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dead Rising 3 "is the most difficult Dead Rising game we've

Your comments on our articles.

Providing you want to play it that way, says Capcom

When it comes to Xbox One exclusive Dead Rising 3, Capcom Vancouver is flirting with both accessibility and insanity - the game can be played without the restrictions that make its predecessors so idiosyncratic, but switch to Nightmare Mode and you'll find that it's every bit as tough as the Dead Risings of yore.... read more

Dead Rising 3 "is the most difficult Dead Rising game we've

Postby Blastiel » 05 Sep 2013, 11:29

All I can hear is "lets dumb it down and make it as generically bland as possible because that is what people want right?"

Dead Rising 1 - Fantastic

Dead Rising 2 - Had a ZERO difficulty rating and lost a lot of what made 1 great.

Dead Rising 3 - All sense of identity lost, It's now a grey Zombie sim with guns everywhere.
Blastiel 21

Re: Dead Rising 3 "is the most difficult Dead Rising game we

Postby OXM ETboy » 05 Sep 2013, 11:30

Dead Rising 3 - All sense of identity lost, It's now a grey Zombie sim with guns everywhere.

http://cdn.medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/d ... _35974.jpg
http://cdn.medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/d ... _35977.jpg
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby ChaoticP » 05 Sep 2013, 11:58

Blastiel wrote:All I can hear is "lets dumb it down and make it as generically bland as possible because that is what people want right?"

Dead Rising 1 - Fantastic

Dead Rising 2 - Had a ZERO difficulty rating and lost a lot of what made 1 great.

Have you looked up anything about Dead Rising 3 since E3 aside from this article?
ChaoticP 52

Postby Baryonyx » 05 Sep 2013, 12:54

Sounds excellent! I love a challenge! I was just playing Dead Rising Case Zero yesterday, and I'm gearing up another go on DR2 between playing on Diablo. I was struck by the simple majesty of Dead Rising 2, it's an underrated classic. I am seriously excited about this new Dead Rising, to the point where it could be my most eagerly anticipated game - Dark Souls 2 aside!

I just hope the new game feels like a Dead Rising, and has some colour in there too. Dead Rising has always been about the great colour palette!
Baryonyx 42

Postby Metalrodent » 05 Sep 2013, 14:21

so the options are now 'easy' or 'stupidly hard', where's the middle ground eh? :lol:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Surg » 05 Sep 2013, 17:09

I wanted to start on hardcore mode, as I do with every game but afyer reading (If I got it right) it will have a timer I backed off. I HATE the timer in dr2. Never any time to check out shops and other fun stuff -.-..Please make a hardcore mode without the timer.. :|
Surg 3

Postby Dave2123 » 05 Sep 2013, 21:48

Blastiel wrote:All I can hear is "lets dumb it down and make it as generically bland as possible because that is what people want right?"

From what I've read, it won't be like this at all. They are creating the game so it will be like the others and appeal to hardcore DR fans, but will also be fun to play for those who like to explore and have fun. You can choose how you want it.
Dave2123 29

Postby evilcanofsoda » 05 Sep 2013, 23:54

Metalrodent wrote:so the options are now 'easy' or 'stupidly hard', where's the middle ground eh? :lol:

Choose your destiny.
evilcanofsoda 28