to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Activision's Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg speaks out agains

Your comments on our articles.

"Being a creative person is an exhausting way to make a living"

In a lengthy interview with CVG, in which Hirshberg discusses Activision's ability to take risks and diversify outside the first person shooter genre, the conversation ended with the CEO touching upon an incident that occurred in July, involving Treyarch's design director David Vonderhaar.... read more

Activision's Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg speaks out agains

Postby CloudStrife 900 » 05 Sep 2013, 12:36

Outrageous behaviour in my opinion. There's absolutely no justification for death threats, especially over a video game hotfix. Sympathies to the team, I have played with one of the team members before, you can tell these guys put their soul into this work, there's just no need for this sort of cause.
CloudStrife 900 16

Re: Activision's Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg speaks out ag

Postby LackofAuthority » 05 Sep 2013, 15:23

I love gaming but the comments section on most site (IGN, Twitter, FB etc) really just annoy the life outa me.
They want to catch themselves on and stop the console wars, hate, death threats and other things.

Luckily OXM doesnt seem that bad for it.

Ps Aoife, I'm a fellow 'Derry head' and love your work! Lol
Listen to me, do as I say! (or don't, I don't care)
LackofAuthority 6

Postby MrT666 » 05 Sep 2013, 17:02

Yeah I guess swindling people is hard work as well? I'm not condoning death threats but in the words of elpresador f*ck you gayarch!
MrT666 18

Postby Metalrodent » 05 Sep 2013, 17:03

MrT666 wrote:Yeah I guess swindling people is hard work as well? I'm not condoning death threats but in the words of elpresador f*ck you gayarch!

'gay' isn't an insult
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby OXM Aoife » 05 Sep 2013, 17:09

LackofAuthority wrote:I love gaming but the comments section on most site (IGN, Twitter, FB etc) really just annoy the life outa me.
They want to catch themselves on and stop the console wars, hate, death threats and other things.

Luckily OXM doesnt seem that bad for it.

Ps Aoife, I'm a fellow 'Derry head' and love your work! Lol

Ah cheers dude! I really should visit home some time this year...

Also, MrT666, not sure what you mean by swindling but Metal is 100% right, 'gay' should never, ever be used as an insult.
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby KernowDevil23 » 05 Sep 2013, 17:39

OXM Aoife wrote:Also, MrT666, not sure what you mean by swindling but Metal is 100% right, 'gay' should never, ever be used as an insult.

I agree, hence the rather apt warning just sent his way.

There's no place for that on the forum.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Grummy » 05 Sep 2013, 18:24

maybe he was just calling them 'Happyarch' in his own witty style?

OK, maybe not.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby MrT666 » 05 Sep 2013, 18:44

Metalrodent wrote:
MrT666 wrote:Yeah I guess swindling people is hard work as well? I'm not condoning death threats but in the words of elpresador f*ck you gayarch!

'gay' isn't an insult

You gonna yap all day little doggy or you gonna bite? It wasn't an insult you should maybe look up the definition of the word, as for oxm are you planing on covering the next south park game? Has Gta 5 got gay in in it? Yeah Kernow bet you've a h8rd on to ban me for a while :) .......Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em"
MrT666 18

Postby Grummy » 05 Sep 2013, 18:52

MrT666 wrote:
You gonna yap all day little doggy or you gonna bite? It wasn't an insult you should maybe look up the definition of the word, as for oxm are you planing on covering the next south park game? Has Gta 5 got gay in in it? Yeah Kernow bet you've a h8rd on to ban me for a while :) .......Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em"

Well you've already had one warning, so I'm going to give you another one, this one publicly. Stow the attitude, stop trying to be an internet tough guy and dial back the aggression or you're done. This is literally your last warning.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby MrT666 » 05 Sep 2013, 20:18

Grummy wrote:
MrT666 wrote:

Well you've already had one warning, so I'm going to give you another one, this one publicly. Stow the attitude, stop trying to be an internet tough guy and dial back the aggression or you're done. This is literally your last warning.

Fair enough :wink: , but as for swindling i think anyone that's played this game knows what i mean. The worst cod since Mw2!
MrT666 18

Postby KernowDevil23 » 05 Sep 2013, 20:20

Just so we're clear, you wouldn't be banned for a while, it'd be permanent (including your ip).

So let's get back on topic and play nice.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby MrT666 » 05 Sep 2013, 20:29

KernowDevil23 wrote:Just so we're clear, you wouldn't be banned for a while, it'd be permanent (including your ip).

So let's get back on topic and play nice.

Ok Kernow and i love you too :D
MrT666 18

Postby LackofAuthority » 05 Sep 2013, 21:13

Re
"I love gaming but the comments section on most site (IGN, Twitter, FB etc) really just annoy the life outa me.

Luckily OXM doesnt seem that bad for it"

I may have spoken too soo .....
Listen to me, do as I say! (or don't, I don't care)
LackofAuthority 6

Postby Grummy » 05 Sep 2013, 21:38

LackofAuthority wrote:Re
"I love gaming but the comments section on most site (IGN, Twitter, FB etc) really just annoy the life outa me.

Luckily OXM doesnt seem that bad for it"

I may have spoken too soon .....

Not really, That sort of thing will always exist, it's just that here we're quick to clamp down on it whereas other places.....not so much.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Dave2123 » 05 Sep 2013, 22:00

Have the people who made these threats been arrested yet? They should be as you're probably all aware of the case of the guy who got arrested for jokingly saying he would shoot up a school, and what these people have done is exactly the same, but they said it genuinely, they weren't even joking. If they're not arrested, it makes me lose even more faith in America.
Dave2123 29

Next