to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Diablo 3 Xbox 360

Your comments on our articles.

Sacrifice your precious hours to the god of compulsion

This is the first time Diablo has come to Xbox, so here's a brief description of what it is. Diablo is like staring into a spinning black and white spiral. It's polished, seamless, hypnotic.... read more

Diablo 3 Xbox 360

Postby N00binator 360 » 05 Sep 2013, 14:11

Only the loot can make me happy...this'll do nicely until GTA V is released.
N00binator 360 27

Re: Diablo 3 Xbox 360

Postby Grummy » 05 Sep 2013, 14:27

Great review as always El Loggo, but i gotta say bro, even though it really doesn't mean a lot in the scale of things, it does feel like you gave it a 9 and 1 down mark against your better judgement, almost like you were searching hard because you were faced with giving a dungeon crawler a 10/10. Your review reads 'this game is flawless', your score reads 'I needed to find something wrong as there is no such thing as a perfect game. Not that I actually care, your quality review is far more worthy than some arbitrary number, but even so, it was a little surprising.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Sep 2013, 15:29

A game can be flawless without getting a 10.

Tempted to give this a miss for the time being, can't be doing with some time stealing video-crack at the minute.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby fracturedrich » 05 Sep 2013, 18:21

Yeah great review,i have lost more hours on pc than on any game since dark souls.I would say if you struggle on pc you head of to the auction house to upgrade your gear with your hard earned gold,none of that hear.This is what makes the console version way tougher,that with the fact that pc players no that you have to stick together. I am surprised on how good this game looks on the 360,great job blizzard.
fracturedrich 46

Postby Dave2123 » 05 Sep 2013, 21:19

I hate games that don't last very long, but why would I want to play a game that will take me thousands of hours to complete?
Dave2123 29

Postby Grummy » 05 Sep 2013, 21:32

Dave2123 wrote:I hate games that don't last very long, but why would I want to play a game that will take me thousands of hours to complete?

I'm not sure where you get 'thousands of hours' from, I'm about 18 hours in and I'm on the last act of my first playthrough. Honestly, I have no idea what you're getting at with that suggestion, it seems simple to me, you either play games to complete the story then keep playing until you're done with it or you want to max out everything and complete every last thing. I guess you need to define 'complete' as it pertains to you.

How long you play the game for after a first playthrough is entirely down to your personal values, what point you consider a game 'finished'. If you're a one playthrough guy, then it's about 20-25 hours, if you want to max out 1 character, then (depending on the paragon points) it could be anywhere from 60-100 hours, maybe more. If you're all about the achievements, then you're looking at about 100 hours at a rough guess. You would only be looking at 'thousands of hours' if you wanted to play every character and max them all out and get all achievements and challenges. If that's your choice, then fine, but it is then no different to any mp game that you play over and over again, making the question of 'why would I play this' redundant. IF you're a person who wants to max out everything he can, then the majority of games you will ever play are going to have hundreds of hours of content.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby Lancer Armstrong » 05 Sep 2013, 21:47

This game sounds unhealthy.
Lancer Armstrong 23

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 05 Sep 2013, 22:11

Lancer Armstrong wrote:This game sounds unhealthy.

The best always are.

Really enjoyable review - I expect I'll pick this up on PS4 if it ever appears.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby kronk10 » 06 Sep 2013, 11:25

this game really is flawless its amazing they have managed to port over something that is better than its pc original and i its even better than both diablo 1 and 2 the co op is amazing i am totally in love with this game :roll:
kronk10 41

Postby Baryonyx » 06 Sep 2013, 13:53

This game is definitely worthy of a 10/10!
Excalipoor
Baryonyx 37

Postby OXM Log » 06 Sep 2013, 16:39

Grummy wrote:Great review as always El Loggo, but i gotta say bro, even though it really doesn't mean a lot in the scale of things, it does feel like you gave it a 9 and 1 down mark against your better judgement, almost like you were searching hard because you were faced with giving a dungeon crawler a 10/10. Your review reads 'this game is flawless', your score reads 'I needed to find something wrong as there is no such thing as a perfect game. Not that I actually care, your quality review is far more worthy than some arbitrary number, but even so, it was a little surprising.

I wouldn't baulk at giving this a 10, if it felt perfect. (Didn't I say flawless *conversion*?)

But while it is an exquisite game, there's a kernel of resentment towards it, too. I resent how it plugs into my circuitry so easily, and plays me like a damn fiddle. If you're going to analyse me GO AHEAD - it might be that resentment that killed my 10 instinct.
OXM Log
OXM Staff

Postby fracturedrich » 07 Sep 2013, 12:07

I agree with log,you can not just hand a ten out like it's nothing.I do not no how many games have achieved that magic number and it does come down to personal preference.I no we should not care but a lot of gamer's do care about the number at the end of the text.

The reviewer makes his or her case and then hits us with the number at the end.I would expect a ten if this game had not come out on pc a year ago.I think a lot of hours would have had to have gone into a game like this to justify that perfect score.I agree with everything in this review,and having spent a lot of time with the pc version,i can say this is the best port i have ever played.

I have a sneaky feeling that a certain game coming out in two weeks time might just get that perfect score.

Can anyone tell me what games oxm have given that all allusive ten to?
fracturedrich 46

Postby IPlayGamesUK » 07 Sep 2013, 13:25

Not getting this just because i know i don't have the spare hours that this game needs and i'll get annoyed!

Maybe if it comes over to the Xbox One I'll look into it in the new year.
IPlayGamesUK
IPlayGamesUK 10

Postby Insaneyokel » 07 Sep 2013, 14:03

Have to say this is the game I have been craving for a while, it just hits the right spot when I fire it up. I had a good day at work and it topped my day. Yesterday, had a stressful day, fired up Diablo and again it was just the therapy I needed. There are few games that do that, I usually have piles of casual games, happy games and grumpy mood games, Diablo seems to fit all three piles :D though the down side is I am finding I can lose my time to it so easily. The other game that I hope will be like this is GTA :D

Anyway random ramble over, think my brain overheated or something with being back to work :lol: must now go play Diablo, it is calling me :D
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby EdDeRs1 » 16 Sep 2013, 14:51

I don't have a life so this should be perfect for me :D
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Next