Will Titanfall have splitscreen? Respawn won't comment, but

Your comments on our articles.

"Please note that all sites advertising Beta access are 100% scams."

I'd sort of vaguely assumed Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall wouldn't support splitscreen - the PR emphasis, after all, has been squarely on what's possible thanks to the new shooter's mandatory online connection, such as cloud AI processing.... read more

Will Titanfall have splitscreen? Respawn won't comment, but

Postby Maximus T » 05 Sep 2013, 14:53

Splitscreen would be nice, and especially on the ONE where you only need one gold account. (is that just for digital, or both that and physical?) However on the 360 version, it would need a guest system like Halo ideally.
This signature is so amazing, you get a +1 morale boost just for reading it.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 71

Re: Will Titanfall have splitscreen? Respawn won't comment,

Postby Ciaran Hillock » 05 Sep 2013, 17:32

It would be pretty sweet if Titanfall did have splitscreen, I'd buy it if it did. Though is the game only online or can you play the game offline as well like Brink.
Ciaran Hillock 10

Postby Maximus T » 05 Sep 2013, 17:54

Ciaran Hillock wrote:It would be pretty sweet if Titanfall did have splitscreen, I'd buy it if it did. Though is the game only online or can you play the game offline as well like Brink.

I think it is always online but has bots mixed in with the human players.
Maximus T 71

Postby Craphex » 05 Sep 2013, 21:14

Ya know they're pushing this whole 'Kinect can detect who's player 2' and selling extra controllers but none of the games announced are split-screen, maybe just Ghosts, who wants to play that crap.
Craphex 14

Postby evilcanofsoda » 05 Sep 2013, 21:50

I hope they add split-screen. That would be awesome, even more if it was an 8 players split-screen. :mrgreen:
evilcanofsoda 28

Postby Dave2123 » 05 Sep 2013, 21:55

I always like the option of split screen; I don't see why all games don't have it. When games don't it means you can't play with your friends when they come over. You have to use LAN or online.

Maximus T wrote:Splitscreen would be nice, and especially on the ONE where you only need one gold account. (is that just for digital, or both that and physical?) However on the 360 version, it would need a guest system like Halo ideally.

Having to have a guest account isn't really an issue though is it? If your mate comes round, he can use a guest account and that's fine. It doesn't matter that he can't save it, because he isn't playing it properly. It would work just like any other game with split screen does.
Dave2123 29

Postby Bin Boy Billy » 05 Sep 2013, 22:56

I think there needs to be more split screen as it's becoming actually quite rare nowadays. For example my friend came round the other day and we were deciding what game to play together and out of my pretty large collection of games the only split-screen games were Fifa, COD, Forza, Halo, Portal 2, Grand Slam Tennis and some Kinect games all of which I've completed.
Bin Boy Billy 37

Postby Maximus T » 06 Sep 2013, 09:34

Bin Boy Billy wrote:I think there needs to be more split screen as it's becoming actually quite rare nowadays. For example my friend came round the other day and we were deciding what game to play together and out of my pretty large collection of games the only split-screen games were Fifa, COD, Forza, Halo, Portal 2, Grand Slam Tennis and some Kinect games all of which I've completed.

Oh, didn't realise Portal 2 had splitscreen. Cool.
Maximus T 71

Postby White Xian IV » 22 Oct 2013, 22:36

Oh, didn't realise Portal 2 had splitscreen. Cool.[/quote]

it has a whole seperate co-op story to it which ends in you finding out how the humans got killed - id advise any1 to play it as its alot of fun.
- Respect even those who you do not fear -
White Xian IV 31