to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Ascend: Hand of Kul hands-on - free-to-play miracle, or Clod

Your comments on our articles.

Ed tries out the religious life for size

Ascend is fundamentally about picking the lesser of two evils. For thousands of years, obese, bestial Titans have stomped about the game's vaguely heavy metal world, munching on the souls and bodies of human beings, but New Gods are Rising in the shape of the lords of Light, Darkness and Void. Unlike the Titans, they're only powerful while people believe in them, so squishing mortals on sight isn't really an option, but they certainly aren't averse to a little Old Testament-style genocide where the occasion calls. Human beings are fast breeders by divine standards, after all, and nothing says "thou shalt have no other god but me" like a few judiciously aimed fireballs.... read more

Ascend: Hand of Kul hands-on - free-to-play miracle, or Clod

Postby Dave2123 » 05 Sep 2013, 21:07

Do developers make games free-to-play, because they think they'll get more money from micro transactions than if they charged for the actual game?
Dave2123 29

Re: Ascend: Hand of Kul hands-on - free-to-play miracle, or

Postby CunningSmile » 05 Sep 2013, 22:10

Dave2123 wrote:Do developers make games free-to-play, because they think they'll get more money from micro transactions than if they charged for the actual game?

Yes
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Confused Johnny » 06 Sep 2013, 12:07

I dont think i have ever bought anything in any F2P game, ever! Usually i just play until the grind becomes to much, like Spartacus Legends.

The "Games with Gold" though, i seem to buy a bit of DLC for them as im downloading the free game!
Confused Johnny 18

Postby anglica » 06 Sep 2013, 13:37

i would like to appreciate you for sharing such a great info with us
andy
anglica 1