Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy an Xb

Your comments on our articles.

"Pre-order isn't the business. The business is selling consoles."

Microsoft Game Studios' vice president Phil Spencer has assured people that there will be enough Xbox One stock on day one to meet demand, despite pre-order shortages. You'll be able to walk in and physically buy one at release, would you believe.... read more

Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy an Xb

Postby CloudStrife 900 » 06 Sep 2013, 11:26

Phew! Good news at least. Though, I hate standing in line. I always manage to get right behind that guy that asks a gazillion questions :(
User avatar
CloudStrife 900 16
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 04 Sep 2013, 11:22

Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy an Xb

Postby vadersmyfather » 06 Sep 2013, 11:28

"There might be a line, but I don't want it to be that if you didn't pre-order in September, you can't get one. That doesn't feel like a great consumer experience."

Indeed, I always prefer a mass brawl.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
vadersmyfather 50
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 15:16
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby Grummy » 06 Sep 2013, 11:41

vadersmyfather wrote:"There might be a line, but I don't want it to be that if you didn't pre-order in September, you can't get one. That doesn't feel like a great consumer experience."

Indeed, I always prefer a mass brawl.


They should get John Anderson in to officiate. GLADIATORS....REEEEEAAADDDYYYYY. The winners, of course, should get a free copy of Ryse.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9417
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby FishyGinger » 06 Sep 2013, 12:01

Who goes on the first whistle?
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
User avatar
FishyGinger 71
 
Posts: 4828
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:42
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby Grummy » 06 Sep 2013, 12:06

FishyGinger wrote:Who goes on the first whistle?


They all go, It's more like Gauntlet.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9417
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby vadersmyfather » 06 Sep 2013, 12:12

Grummy wrote:
vadersmyfather wrote:"There might be a line, but I don't want it to be that if you didn't pre-order in September, you can't get one. That doesn't feel like a great consumer experience."

Indeed, I always prefer a mass brawl.


They should get John Anderson in to officiate. GLADIATORS....REEEEEAAADDDYYYYY. The winners, of course, should get a free copy of Ryse.


So long as I get to be Shadow? He was one scary son of a...
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
vadersmyfather 50
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 15:16
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby WellMax81 » 06 Sep 2013, 12:29

CloudStrife 900 wrote:Phew! Good news at least. Though, I hate standing in line. I always manage to get right behind that guy that asks a gazillion questions :(


hahahaha!! I feel your pain
WellMax81 4
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 13:54

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby CloudStrife 900 » 06 Sep 2013, 18:52

WellMax81 wrote:
CloudStrife 900 wrote:Phew! Good news at least. Though, I hate standing in line. I always manage to get right behind that guy that asks a gazillion questions :(


hahahaha!! I feel your pain


Dreadful isn't it lol! Still, I'm happy they have stocked enough!
User avatar
CloudStrife 900 16
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 04 Sep 2013, 11:22

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby Spartan Edge » 07 Sep 2013, 13:21

Pre order shortages? Yeah right. What a joke lol. They would say this wouldn't they, to try to drum up some trade. Judging MS's desperation with all these little offers in buying early, i'd say they are still struggling with the pre orders. I foresee no stock problems what so ever upon release, you'll see.
Spartan Edge 13
 
Posts: 80
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 05:46
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Sep 2013, 13:22

Spartan Edge wrote:Pre order shortages? Yeah right. What a joke lol. They would say this wouldn't they, to try to drum up some trade. Judging MS's desperation with all these little offers in buying early, i'd say they are still struggling with the pre orders. I foresee no stock problems what so ever upon release, you'll see.

Have you tried preordering? Every major retailer is out of stock
A Tweet is like an episode of Game of Thrones; there are 140 characters and something awful usually happens
User avatar
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 11809
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby Spartan Edge » 07 Sep 2013, 14:25

CunningSmile wrote:
Spartan Edge wrote:Pre order shortages? Yeah right. What a joke lol. They would say this wouldn't they, to try to drum up some trade. Judging MS's desperation with all these little offers in buying early, i'd say they are still struggling with the pre orders. I foresee no stock problems what so ever upon release, you'll see.

Have you tried preordering? Every major retailer is out of stock


No i haven't & thats kind of my point. I find that very hard to believe personally. Shops always hold so many back for on the day sales for the first so many customers queuing on the day. That's what they did with the 360, even though they were presumably sold out. I remember many retailer claiming the Wii U was all sold out too, & we all know the reality behind that.. Retailers always say these things are sold out, to try to drum up some excitement, but the reality is in my estimation, is that many people are holding back for the time being on Xbone because A, They don't want to buy Kinect & are waiting for a Kinect'less bundle & some more worthwhile exclusives, & many are hesitant due to the fact that MS kept it in their T's&C's that they can go back to the restrictions at any time at their discretion. If they were not even considering it, they would have removed it from their T's&C's to at least reassure their potential customers because it was such a contentious issue, but they didn't do that, but in fact the opposite, by keeping them. C, many will have opted for the more powerful yet cheaper PS4 that has none of the complications & smoke screens regarding policies.
Spartan Edge 13
 
Posts: 80
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 05:46
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Sep 2013, 14:32

Your point is that you havent preordered so no one has? or is your point that youve not preordered so your knowledge of stock limitation is based on pure ignorance and guess work? If you think the PS4 is so much better then great for you, go buy one and I hope you are very happy; it'll make no difference to me.

However as I said in another thread your conduct today has been little more than trolling so tone it down a bit
A Tweet is like an episode of Game of Thrones; there are 140 characters and something awful usually happens
User avatar
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 11809
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby Insaneyokel » 07 Sep 2013, 14:34

As long as I get my sparkly pre-order I am fine with other people getting their Xbox Ones, and seeing as so many people don't want them I might get a second one just so I can have two kinnects :lol:
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 48
 
Posts: 935
Joined: 06 Mar 2013, 10:02

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby captainhetty » 07 Sep 2013, 14:46

You're actually just copying and pasting the same argument into every thread regarding the One, aren't you? Probably about time you gave it a rest and stopped spoiling for an argument, to be honest. You're very unlikely to get one here.
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
GT - captainhetty
PSN - captain_hetty
User avatar
captainhetty 63
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: 03 Apr 2013, 14:48
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Microsoft: you'll be able to walk into a store and buy a

Postby Spartan Edge » 07 Sep 2013, 16:55

captainhetty wrote:You're actually just copying and pasting the same argument into every thread regarding the One, aren't you? Probably about time you gave it a rest and stopped spoiling for an argument, to be honest. You're very unlikely to get one here.

Cutting & pasting is a great little feature that every PC & most other devices should have. It saves re typing the same thing you see :)
I'm not spoiling for a fight in the least. I have not been aggressive or personal to anyone, unlike a couple have on here.. So am i to understand that you can say what you want on here, as long as doesn't disagree with the collective? or be a negative comments towards the Xbox? because thats how i'm sensing it is. Say what you want, as long as its complimentary to the Xbox? Is that the message on here? Marvelous... What a wonderful message to send out.. I merely disagree with you, that is all. I have not been personal to you or call you any names, so expect the same courtesy in return, thank you. Is debate & alternative opinions not allowed in here, because thats the impression i'm getting, because as i say, i have not insulted anyone, so my alternative opinion must me the only thing thats got me this aggression.
I don't mind people disagreeing with me, thats fine, we are all different after all. I draw the line when it gets personal & names start getting flung fore no good reason,
Spartan Edge 13
 
Posts: 80
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 05:46
Location: United Kingdom

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]