to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Need for Speed Rivals to be "the best Need for Speed in term

Your comments on our articles.

Ghost Games' Marcus Nilsson on taking over the reins from Criterion

When you think of the Need for Speed series, you'd expect inspiration from previous games in the series or similar racing titles like Forza. However, Marcus Nilsson, executive producer on Need for Speed: Rivals has cited a couple of unlikely sources in the form of the Battlefield series and even Far Cry 3.... read more

Need for Speed Rivals to be "the best Need for Speed in term

Postby games1master_uk » 07 Sep 2013, 13:50

The 2 best need for speed games were underground 2 and carbon. EA should think about remaking underground 2 or underground 3 with cars that every day people can afford that you are going see in a shoping car park after dark. Who in real life can afford a veyron and pimp it and than race it... time for a rethink i think EA
games1master_uk 52

Re: Need for Speed Rivals to be "the best Need for Speed in

Postby ibanezfaz » 07 Sep 2013, 14:13

I don't want Need for Speed to have the best driving. All I want is to be able to take Citroen Saxo or a Peugeot 106 , fit it with a ridiculous body kit, massive rims and NoS and drive around like a total lunatic!!
ibanezfaz 35

Postby ipsofacto » 07 Sep 2013, 14:29

It'll never be a game for driving like Forza is. They should give it up, remake the underground games and bask in the glory of past successes
ipsofacto 45

Postby Bobo888 » 07 Sep 2013, 14:59

I agree, Underground 2 was my introduction to the series and it has gone downhill since then. I enjoyed Most Wanted (the original) when it came out but Carbon was way too short. Everything since has been them trying to rip off other series and failing.
Bobo888 36

Postby games1master_uk » 07 Sep 2013, 15:15

Bobo888 wrote:I agree, Underground 2 was my introduction to the series and it has gone downhill since then. I enjoyed Most Wanted (the original) when it came out but Carbon was way too short. Everything since has been them trying to rip off other series and failing.

I enjoyed most wanted (original) that would be my 3rd the reason carbon is 2 on my list is because if you had the collecters copy there was loads more to do and the canyon races were amazing i even got the achievement for winning one with out damaging my car
games1master_uk 52

Postby games1master_uk » 07 Sep 2013, 15:17

Bobo888 wrote:I agree, Underground 2 was my introduction to the series and it has gone downhill since then. I enjoyed Most Wanted (the original) when it came out but Carbon was way too short. Everything since has been them trying to rip off other series and failing.

I enjoyed most wanted (original) that would be my 3rd the reason carbon is 2 on my list is because if you had the collecters copy there was loads more to do and the canyon races were amazing i even got the achievement for winning one with out damaging my car
games1master_uk 52

Postby GHOSTY05 » 07 Sep 2013, 21:00

Hot pursuit was the best by far!!
GHOSTY05 39

Postby JayBCobspiracy » 08 Sep 2013, 11:24

I won't be first in line as it appears I need to wait for the next gen version. Need for speed is my favourite racing game and I do my best to defend it when ever possible. Although I admire the game for always trying to reinvent itself, it does release some rather unfinished pieces of gash. NFS shift, NFS pro street, NFS the run, NFS undercover, just to name a few. Not to mention the last, single track, narrow road of a headache most wanted. When they get it right, they get it right, when they don't its awful. Lets hope this next gen first offering has some hints to the more successful games and doesn't try anything too new for now, as I fear they might add yet another nail in the coffin of this franchise that is in desperate need of not one but a good succession of great games to get back on form.
JayBCobspiracy 19

Postby Dave2123 » 08 Sep 2013, 18:15

games1master_uk wrote:The 2 best need for speed games were underground 2 and carbon.

I still play Carbon on my PS2 sometimes!
Dave2123 29