to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Ubisoft download game titles leaked - Assassin's Creed Liber

Your comments on our articles.

New entries for Assassins Creed and Endwar on the way?

Interesting news if you're a fan of Ubisoft games and downloadable titles in general after an image from the company's Digital Day conference has leaked onto the wilds of the internet, with some interesting names popping up.... read more

Re: Ubisoft download game titles leaked - Assassin's Creed L

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Sep 2013, 16:34

Really hope AC Liberation is coming to either Xbox. At release several places gave it better reviews than AC3 and the limitations imposed by the Vita sound like they really helped avoid the flab that its big brother suffered from
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby msbhvn » 07 Sep 2013, 16:42

CunningSmile wrote:Really hope AC Liberation is coming to either Xbox. At release several places gave it better reviews than AC3 and the limitations imposed by the Vita sound like they really helped avoid the flab that its big brother suffered from

Funny how that echoes Resident Evil Revelations and Resi 6. Seems like the determination to make AAA games bigger and flashier is harming them rather than attracting the broader audience they're aiming for.
Last edited by msbhvn on 07 Sep 2013, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby PCG The_B » 07 Sep 2013, 16:42

lazercut123 wrote:Watch_dogs looks interesting, I wonder what it is. :wink:

:P

I'm assuming though that'll be the Smartphone/Smartglass companion app, I don't think they're giving it a fancy separate name or anything.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby Grummy » 07 Sep 2013, 16:52

So, Benothy, this trial run, is this actually a view to you getting a job on the staff? I'm just trying to decided what my alignment should be in response. I'm erring on Lawful Evil, but may consider Chaotic Good.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 07 Sep 2013, 17:18

sod the rest we all know that Rabbids is the most important game there
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby PCG The_B » 07 Sep 2013, 17:34

Grummy wrote:So, Benothy, this trial run, is this actually a view to you getting a job on the staff? I'm just trying to decided what my alignment should be in response. I'm erring on Lawful Evil, but may consider Chaotic Good.

I have no idea what the long term results, if any, of the trial will be, perhaps Ed/Jonty is using my posts to create a robotic AI member of staff that writes like me but doesn't require such annoying things like having to sleep or mandatory lunch breaks or...

(If they read this I'm totally kidding, Jon & Ed are lovely. :P)
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Sep 2013, 17:37

msbhvn wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:Really hope AC Liberation is coming to either Xbox. At release several places gave it better reviews than AC3 and the limitations imposed by the Vita sound like they really helped avoid the flab that its big brother suffered from

Funny how that echoes Resident Evil Revelations and Resi 6. Seems like the determination to make AAA games bigger and flashier is harming them rather than attracting the broader audience they're aiming for.

I was thinking the same whilst typing it. It's not hard to believe though; some of the greatest games and mechanics were born out of working out solutions to limitations rather than from having unlimited power. Almost makes me worried for the next few years.
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Grummy » 07 Sep 2013, 17:46

PCG The_B wrote:
Grummy wrote:So, Benothy, this trial run, is this actually a view to you getting a job on the staff? I'm just trying to decided what my alignment should be in response. I'm erring on Lawful Evil, but may consider Chaotic Good.

I have no idea what the long term results, if any, of the experiment will be, perhaps Ed/Jonty is using my posts to create a robotic AI member of staff that writes like me but doesn't require such annoying things like having to sleep or mandatory lunch breaks or...

(If they read this I'm totally kidding, Jon & Ed are lovely. :P)

I wonder if you're being prepped to replace Ed as the website guy? He is the Dep Ed now, so does have an increased workload and greater responsibilities. I remember Mike was actually quite aloof compared to the rest of the guys, even Jonty was more active here and in other site related stuff and it was because he was very very busy all the time. I should imagine much is the same for Edwin now.

For what it's worth, I love Ed and love his work since he joined, he's revamped the site beautifully. I'd not want to see him let go of this duty out of choice, but I'd understand if he felt it was necessary for his role as Dep Ed and in my position as Forum daddy, hero to many, legal aid to others and general arsehole to the rest, I'd give my blessing for you to take up the mantle.

And well know how much Jonty relies on my opinion on such matters :lol:
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Sep 2013, 17:56

What Grummy said (apart from being an arsehole) I'd hate to see Edwin be more hands off because hes done an incredible job over the last few years but would understand if his workload demands it. As both a weekender and a semi regular forumite you're a nice guy and a good writer Ben so I hope you can stick around in some capacity
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby PCG The_B » 07 Sep 2013, 19:29

:oops: :oops: (I hate that this smiley has a frowny face because I'm anything but sad about the kind words - thanks all, you're lovely!)
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby PCG The_B » 07 Sep 2013, 20:14

lazercut123 wrote:We don't really like you. :wink:

*Drowns sorrows in Ben & Jerry's ice cream*
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby Dave2123 » 08 Sep 2013, 18:10

It sounds like it could be an Xbox spin off of one of the most popular Wii games - Puppy Luv. I heard Activision and Ubisoft were doing a deal, this must have been it.
Dave2123 29

Postby PCG The_B » 08 Sep 2013, 18:42

Dave2123 wrote:

It sounds like it could be an Xbox spin off of one of the most popular Wii games - Puppy Luv. I heard Activision and Ubisoft were doing a deal, this must have been it.

I think it involves time travelling canines racing to catch a bone before it was ever thrown using a magical timepiece.

OK I want someone to make that game now please.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66