to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Changes to sniper rifles may eliminate quickscoping in Call

Your comments on our articles.

"Sniping has never been better"

With every new Call of Duty game comes the semi-regular argument about the practice of Quickscoping. It seems Infinity Ward have made a few changes to how sniping will work in the upcoming Call of Duty: Ghosts which may see the practice gone for good.... read more

Postby lazercut123 » 08 Sep 2013, 17:39

In other news, it's Nadal vs Djokovic in the tennis final, I wonder who'll win.
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Re: Changes to sniper rifles may eliminate quickscoping in C

Postby delpoi » 08 Sep 2013, 17:49

I really hope so quickscoping does my head in no skill involved hopefully its completely gone also let's wait for the backlash from the players who cant get kills without it :P lol
delpoi 38

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Sep 2013, 17:55

it'd be nice if you could enable it in private matches, annoying as it is in public it's fun trying to get a final quickscope kill on your friends
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby O0mix0O » 08 Sep 2013, 18:19

I personally am relieved to see it go. No more "XxQuIcKsCoPeZxX joined the game", no more overly edited "MLG QUICKSCOPE MONTAGE SICK SCOPEZ" Youtube vids and no more idiots who just spend the game trying to get a 360 quick scope, causing the team to lose.
O0mix0O 5

Postby brandyandy1xx » 08 Sep 2013, 19:40

delpoi wrote:I really hope so quickscoping does my head in no skill involved hopefully its completely gone also let's wait for the backlash from the players who cant get kills without it :P lol
I agree, it will be good to be on a kill streak without having the threat of some stupid kid with a OP weapon
brandyandy1xx 8

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Sep 2013, 20:02

I would like to point out the irony in people always claiming quickscoping requires no skill, yet it actually being quite a hard thing to do well :lol:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby mackered » 08 Sep 2013, 20:06

Does that mean that I'll no longer get shot by some 8 year old who jumps over me, spins through 180 degrees and head shots me in one easy movement.

LOL I might just start playing COD again.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby Bugsquat » 08 Sep 2013, 21:31

All together now: 'Halle-bloody-lujah!'

I really am suprised that it took them this long to rectify this. Abusing the mechanics of the game to make the most powerful insta-kill weapon in the game should never have been allowed to become common practice, despite the fact that it never works when I do it. Really, you try yanking a Barrett .50 Cal to and from your shoulder whilst lugging it around and making consistently accurate shots...no. Just no.

Maybe now we can return to the days of honest firefights, where I am killed because I didn't react fast enough, or I didn't see it coming. Not because I got 3 AR rounds into somebody but their one sniper rifle round is more powerful so I'm dead. At all ranges.

Seconded on the YouTube front as well!
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 30

Postby delpoi » 08 Sep 2013, 22:13

Metalrodent wrote:I would like to point out the irony in people always claiming quickscoping requires no skill, yet it actually being quite a hard thing to do well :lol:

Nope you just very quickly in succession press two buttons the auto aim fixes and boom headshot i call no skill lol
delpoi 38

Postby SmgUk » 08 Sep 2013, 22:34

Am finally going to be buying another COD game after a long absence and will probably play it until Titanfall & Halo 5 get released.
SmgUk 25

Postby CR33D » 08 Sep 2013, 23:00

delpoi wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:I would like to point out the irony in people always claiming quickscoping requires no skill, yet it actually being quite a hard thing to do well :lol:

Nope you just very quickly in succession press two buttons the auto aim fixes and boom headshot i call no skill lol

Rodent is right... The way you say it sounds like there is 0 skill and you get a kill almost all the time. Maybe if you're very close you may get a head shot but not what Rodent is talking about. Quick scopers just press Aim then Fire untill they get a kill, But some players like myself can get a kill with first bullet 90% of the time even at long range. Anyone who presses Aim and Fire after each other is not getting a headshot. You have to drag you crosshair when you zoom in and it takes some practice to get right. How far the target is depends on how you move the crosshair.

I Hard scope and quick scope both are ok. Quick scoping can be fun so i would like some option for it to be there in a private match. I'm buying BF4 or waiting for Titanfall so it doesn't affect me. but it's good they are having these classes made.

Cum divites paupermen qui bellum gerunt suus moriatur...
CR33D 28

Postby Mr Ru 22 » 09 Sep 2013, 01:43

The end of quickscoping?

The screams of millions of pre-pubescent boys can be heard throughout the galaxy.
Mr Ru 22 26

Postby TheGoodDoctor » 09 Sep 2013, 08:40

another story of a company saying this is our game now play it how WE tell you and the moronic people immediately brown nosing. some idiot says quick scoping takes no skill but if thats the case then how is it you keep failing to drop a person using a bolt action rifle from 6ft while you have a assault rifle? theyre trying too much to leave battlefield behind by implementing destructible environments and reducing peoples abilities to quick scope. its actually discrimination against people with skill. tellin them theyre too good so we are not allowing you to do what you enjoy anymore. thats my two cents so go about trying to grief me for it i dont come back to a story once ive commented so go at it. also i dont quick scope i use MP7 M4A1 G36C PP90M1 and MK46 but unlike the people who cry when they get QSd from accross the map i appreciate the skill involved
TheGoodDoctor 8

Postby ImTehBAwsss » 09 Sep 2013, 09:19

Skill doesn't really exist in CoD full stop any more. Not in the way other games define skill anyway. The time to kill is too small, the guns rate of fire too fast and the auto aim is too strong. The combination of these factors means that even somebody with poor aim can kill you faster then you can react so it boils down to a simply who sees who first. Even this cannot be controlled by a skillfull player as the maps are so cluttered and spawns so unpredictable that you cannot watch all sides.

I mean sure people can claim CoD takes skill but compared to other games MP aspects, it just doesn't even come close.

Therefore a change to sniper rifles to make them harder to us up close won't really change very much when every gun basically guns you down instantly anyway.
Part of the 4RUMGaming community
ImTehBAwsss 29

Postby Christopher Dack » 09 Sep 2013, 09:40

Theres about as much skill in quick scoping as running into a room and blowing yourself and enemy up with rpg .
Christopher Dack 25

Next