to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dragon Age: Inquisition - five ways BioWare's series has cha

Your comments on our articles.

Duffing up a mage, Baldur's Gate style

I used to be quite worried about Dragon Age: Inquisition - right up until around about, oh, two weeks ago. With naught but a handful of concept artworks, some oddly hazy, dreary screens and an enigmatic trailer to its name, BioWare's latest effort seemed rather lacking in oomph alongside the ruggedly handsome Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in particular.... read more

Dragon Age: Inquisition - five ways BioWare's series has cha

Postby SmgUk » 09 Sep 2013, 19:38

Can't wait for this game its in another league to witcher.
SmgUk 25

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - five ways BioWare's series has

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 09 Sep 2013, 21:42

Currently playing through origins now for the 1st time. Getting my ass kicked quite regularly as the combat system is a little tricky to get into. Slowly getting the hang of it but would prefer if the combat was similar to Dark Souls or Dragons Dogma.

Hawke was meant to be the equivalent of Shepard...who thought that could work? I only played the demo of Dragon Age 2 and instantly disliked him and his weird beard :lol:
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby mackered » 09 Sep 2013, 22:49

Johnbhoy69 wrote:Currently playing through origins now for the 1st time. Getting my ass kicked quite regularly as the combat system is a little tricky to get into. Slowly getting the hang of it but would prefer if the combat was similar to Dark Souls or Dragons Dogma.

Hawke was meant to be the equivalent of Shepard...who thought that could work? I only played the demo of Dragon Age 2 and instantly disliked him and his weird beard :lol:

And the more you play it, the greater that dislike becomes (for me anyway)
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby Pidgeman » 09 Sep 2013, 23:05

Loved the first Dragon Age. 15 minutes playing the demo was enough to convince me they'd ruined the second one. Hopefully they've redeemed themselves with the third.
Pidgeman 29

Postby EnigmaXOXO » 10 Sep 2013, 20:32

Witcher is a great game, no doubt! One of my favorites. Looking forward to the larger freeroam environments coming to Witcher 3. Even more excited for CD Projek Red’s upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. They’re an amazing and talented team of devs who are among the elite in their industry.

HOWEVER, Bioware games (Dragon Age & Mass Effect) are also among my favorites for completely different reasons. I can think of no other development team who inspires more passion and “fan tears” from its followers due to their expert story telling and in-depth character creations. You just don’t play DA and ME --- you feel them.

In addition, Bioware offers customization and choice that a majority of games calling themselves “RPGs” actually lack. You’re not shoehorned into the role of some blond-haired, male, freak-of-nature. Instead, Bioware allows you to play as any sort of freak you want --- limited only by the player’s imagination. INCLUSIVITY has always been Bioware’s hallmark, and hopefully will remain so as long as its greedy publishers and retailers don’t play hack-n-slash with the team’s creative process THIS time around.
EnigmaXOXO 2

Postby Ashkaari » 11 Sep 2013, 12:01

EnigmaXOXO wrote:You just don’t play DA and ME --- you feel them.

I agree, although I didn't realise it had an emotional effect on me until I listened to Vigil and I just felt... something. Sorrow and nostalgia, I guess. I don't think a film will ever make me long to go back to a universe with a soundtrack alone.
In about 5 minutes I will look back at this with an urge to erase my stupidity.
Ashkaari 38

Postby silent alchemist » 12 Sep 2013, 03:30

One thing always bothered me a little is that the mage does not have basic sword skills or that the staff has no knife or morning star on it for when magic runs dry.
silent alchemist 36

Postby cyclekarl » 13 Sep 2013, 13:03

Lets hope they don't cock it up like the previous game,but they probably will.
cyclekarl 13

Postby cyclekarl » 13 Sep 2013, 13:05

EnigmaXOXO wrote:Witcher is a great game, no doubt! One of my favorites. Looking forward to the larger freeroam environments coming to Witcher 3. Even more excited for CD Projek Red’s upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. They’re an amazing and talented team of devs who are among the elite in their industry.

HOWEVER, Bioware games (Dragon Age & Mass Effect) are also among my favorites for completely different reasons. I can think of no other development team who inspires more passion and “fan tears” from its followers due to their expert story telling and in-depth character creations. You just don’t play DA and ME --- you feel them.

In addition, Bioware offers customization and choice that a majority of games calling themselves “RPGs” actually lack. You’re not shoehorned into the role of some blond-haired, male, freak-of-nature. Instead, Bioware allows you to play as any sort of freak you want --- limited only by the player’s imagination. INCLUSIVITY has always been Bioware’s hallmark, and hopefully will remain so as long as its greedy publishers and retailers don’t play hack-n-slash with the team’s creative process THIS time around.

No they used to offer customisation in the original games,but no longer largely thanks to EA wanting games to be streamlined.
cyclekarl 13