to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Infinity Ward: there's "a lot of potential" for Kinect in Ca

Your comments on our articles.

"We'd rather be the tortoise - take our time on the tech and make sure it's right."

Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin has revealed to OXM that Call of Duty: Ghosts supports Kinect controls when navigating menus and the like, as per Microsoft's push for more Kinect software functionality on Xbox One. He would also like to "explore" Kinect controls for in-game actions, remarking that "there's a lot of potential for voice in the game".... read more

Infinity Ward: there's "a lot of potential" for Kinect in Ca

Postby b0dd1c3 » 10 Sep 2013, 13:06

"We'd rather be the tortoise - take our time on the tech and make sure it's right."

In many respects that says a lot about Call of Duty in general
b0dd1c3 38

Re: Infinity Ward: there's "a lot of potential" for Kinect i

Postby Maximus T » 10 Sep 2013, 15:19

That trailer looks so staged it's unbelievable.
#browns
Maximus T 63

Postby Thos. » 10 Sep 2013, 17:06

I had an idea ages ago, I think I've seen elsewhere since. Essentially you hold the controller and twist in opposite directions, and it splits apart in the middle. Or maybe it's magnetic or something. Then you can hold either hand up and do gestures while still holding half a controller in each hand, and still having access to all the controls. That would be cool.
Thos. 43

Postby lazercut123 » 10 Sep 2013, 17:15

A controller that splits in half, hmmm...

Well I suppose what you said about hand gestures would be good, but the controller would be bulkier, less durable, and would have to have twice as much wireless support (one for each half), so would use more power.
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby Maximus T » 10 Sep 2013, 17:21

lazercut123 wrote:A controller that splits in half, hmmm...

Well I suppose what you said about hand gestures would be good, but the controller would be bulkier, less durable, and would have to have twice as much wireless support (one for each half), so would use more power.

Well each half would need its own power supply anyway.
#browns
Maximus T 63

Postby mackered » 10 Sep 2013, 19:19

I can think of several hand gestures that apply to COD :mrgreen:
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby itsxkenny » 11 Sep 2013, 15:05

true gamers dont want kinect full stop nuff said end of
itsxkenny 10

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Sep 2013, 19:07

itsxkenny wrote:true gamers dont want kinect full stop nuff said end of

I must not be a true gamer then. I'll forget my thirty plus years of gaming, my many hundreds if not thousands spent on games and consoles and resign as moderator of a games website immediately.

Thank you for pointing out how badly I had miss judged my life and hobby :oops:
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby SilentDark » 11 Sep 2013, 20:34

itsxkenny wrote:true gamers dont want kinect full stop nuff said end of

Can someone find me the dictionary definition of "true gamer" please. I hate statements like this. I might not rate the kinect at all but all this no true gamer nonsense is just plain silly. A true gamer is, at least in my opinion someone who loves playing games, who wants games to get better, we don't always have the same ideas about how gaming can be better, sometimes we'll argue but nobody is more or less a gamer based on factors like personal game preferences or favourite genres. I own a Wii, I still use it, not a true gamer am I? I got the machine most people wrote off as a kids toy with nothing but party games and shovelware. But I've played some great gems on that machine. I don't regret my purchase for a second. Kinect might suck, maybe the worst mistake MS makes with the One, I guess time will tell, but just because someone thinks the kinect has potential doesn't make them any less of a gamer than you.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby itsxkenny » 13 Sep 2013, 19:08

ok maybe i should not have said true gamers but who else wasted money on the last kinect also even if the new kinect is 10 times better than the last one its still somthing most ppl dont want. I bet if there was a vote 70 % of gamers would not buy it due to how bad the last one was.
I am still bitter because i wasted money on the 1st kinect and every time i here the word kinect i get stressed.
Anyway after reading your reply i understand that there is a minority of gamers that are looking forward to it maybe 30%
itsxkenny 10

Postby mackered » 13 Sep 2013, 19:30

itsxkenny wrote:ok maybe i should not have said true gamers but who else wasted money on the last kinect also even if the new kinect is 10 times better than the last one its still somthing most ppl dont want. I bet if there was a vote 70 % of gamers would not buy it due to how bad the last one was.
I am still bitter because i wasted money on the 1st kinect and every time i here the word kinect i get stressed.
Anyway after reading your reply i understand that there is a minority of gamers that are looking forward to it maybe 30%

Well I'm another of that 30 percent. I love your mathematics and wonder on what evidence your theorem is based? Using the same formula, I can tell you I was probably gaming before you were born.
mackered 50

Postby itsxkenny » 14 Sep 2013, 00:08

mackered wrote:
itsxkenny wrote:ok maybe i should not have said true gamers but who else wasted money on the last kinect also even if the new kinect is 10 times better than the last one its still somthing most ppl dont want. I bet if there was a vote 70 % of gamers would not buy it due to how bad the last one was.

Well I'm another of that 30 percent. I love your mathematics and wonder on what evidence your theorem is based? Using the same formula, I can tell you I was probably gaming before you were born.

so you were born b4 1971 i take it .I have as much right as any1 to say what i feel just like you do i have made my point so have a few of you i dont like the kinect and i no a lot of ppl who feel the same . I bet you more ppl would choose to play games with a pad rather than wave there hands about like a monkey its as simple as that you either like it or not gaming b4 i was born ha you made my day
itsxkenny 10

Postby Metalrodent » 14 Sep 2013, 00:20

i was gaming before any of you bitches, you see i have a time machine and i went back and played Halo with the Romans
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby mackered » 14 Sep 2013, 09:23

itsxkenny wrote:so you were born b4 1971 i take it .I have as much right as any1 to say what i feel just like you do i have made my point so have a few of you i dont like the kinect and i no a lot of ppl who feel the same . I bet you more ppl would choose to play games with a pad rather than wave there hands about like a monkey its as simple as that you either like it or not gaming b4 i was born ha you made my day

In the end, the kinect is about innovation. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Stick with what you have or buy the other console.

In terms of your comments, the issue was not whether anyone wanted to use kinect or not, it was your speaking for others. In forums, speak for yourself and let others do the same. There was an issue with your mathematics and after your last post, your English. Yes I was born long before 1971 and in what way did that "make your day". If it was the fact that I'm (a lot) older than you well I feel sorry for you as at your age you are probably already a lot older than many others who use this forum and as time (contrary to rodent's post lol) does not reverse it is something you are going to have to get used to.
mackered 50

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Sep 2013, 11:16

Just out of interest Mack I've been meaning to ask; what were those steam powered consoles like to play? :wink:
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Next