to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "we ar

Your comments on our articles.

"We remain true to our vision that we want to be wherever our consumers want us to be."

Those high profile Xbox One policy reversals? Nothing to lose sleep over, according to Xbox Europe vice-president Chris Lewis. Speaking to MCV in a new interview, Lewis insists that the next generation Xbox is performing well despite the abandoning of Microsoft's original digital strategy, which would have obliged users to sign in every 24 hours in order to ascertain game ownership.... read more

Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "we ar

Postby Zz eVoLvEz HDzZ » 11 Sep 2013, 12:51

personally i dont have any problem with the way they were doing things before they decided to switch it to what it is now. It does kind of annoy me because people bitch and moan about how they didnt want it all digital like steam even though people love steam and before the reveal and said they wanted it like that so microsoft listened to there customers and fans and switched it to appeal to people and then they attack them for not sticking with there original plans. i mean if they didnt then the people who had a problem with signing in every 24 hours would still be bitching about that so i guess the job does come with having to deal with those stupid people who just love to complain about every detail they can. i hope those people keep saying there going to pc or sony because personally i wouldnt want to play with them anyway and im sure anybody else who is an xbox live player and actually has a brain would agree with me. im looking forward to enjoying my time with my friends on the xbox one and hope that everybody else is too. 8)
Zz eVoLvEz HDzZ 12
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 24 May 2013, 20:18

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby Thos. » 11 Sep 2013, 13:10

Are you a joke account?

Anyway, I think it's a brilliant time. Simultaneous launch means competition is fierce, and as gamers, I think we all agree competition is good (and can also be highly entertaining.) Whichever company does 'better' or worse' is irrelevant, there's some amazing titles in the pipeline on both systems, and all of us voracious consumers are winners! Hoorah!
User avatar
Thos. 43
 
Posts: 619
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 09:32
Location: United Kingdom

Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "we ar

Postby Chloe Camp » 11 Sep 2013, 13:19

Microsoft can't change anything now they lost many gamers including myself since the reveal !
They can say they change policy for the gamers but its all crap talk the truth is they was scared after Sony won the heart of most gamers around the world yes fanboys will disagree with the truth but face facts !!
I agree with the fact Sony PlayStation 3 was a fail of a console due to its lack of online service and no cross game chat but let's not forget Sony had the top console before 360 the ps2 was better then the original Xbox so fanboys saying the ps4 will be shit just cause the ps3 was need to rewire there heads im not fan I buy the console I rate better and what suits my needs like games , mates , specs , price ps4 wins on most of those subjects !! I was a huge 360 fan always will be but ps4 is looking to be the best console for gaming it gives me exactly what I want unlike the Xbox one that is forcing me to have a kinect which I don't want a TV specs which I also have no need for or want I have my laptop for Skype etc and my HD sky box I have no need for any of the xbone one extra features all I want is a console that plays games !! Yes the Xbox one has more games wow but most of them are crap or not my type of game anyway , the PlayStation 4 gives me and most gamers what we want that's why its a huge hit the Xbox and Microsoft are bassicly making us buy summit we have no need for or want the truth is the PlayStation will win this time round but Xbox will be good for people who have the needs for the stuff it offers but most gamers don't want TV on there console or camera so why pay a extra £80 for sumit we don't want its pointless just buy the console you are think suits your needs best there no point being biased its childish PlayStation will win that's the truth face facts but if Xbox suits your needs buy it it will still be a good console as well it just don't suit my requirements !!
Chloe Camp 16
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 04 Jul 2013, 12:28

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby Blackie252 » 11 Sep 2013, 13:34

Chloe Camp wrote:Microsoft can't change anything now they lost many gamers including myself since the reveal !
They can say they change policy for the gamers but its all crap talk the truth is they was scared after Sony won the heart of most gamers around the world yes fanboys will disagree with the truth but face facts !!
I agree with the fact Sony PlayStation 3 was a fail of a console due to its lack of online service and no cross game chat but let's not forget Sony had the top console before 360 the ps2 was better then the original Xbox so fanboys saying the ps4 will be shit just cause the ps3 was need to rewire there heads im not fan I buy the console I rate better and what suits my needs like games , mates , specs , price ps4 wins on most of those subjects !! I was a huge 360 fan always will be but ps4 is looking to be the best console for gaming it gives me exactly what I want unlike the Xbox one that is forcing me to have a kinect which I don't want a TV specs which I also have no need for or want I have my laptop for Skype etc and my HD sky box I have no need for any of the xbone one extra features all I want is a console that plays games !! Yes the Xbox one has more games wow but most of them are crap or not my type of game anyway , the PlayStation 4 gives me and most gamers what we want that's why its a huge hit the Xbox and Microsoft are bassicly making us buy summit we have no need for or want the truth is the PlayStation will win this time round but Xbox will be good for people who have the needs for the stuff it offers but most gamers don't want TV on there console or camera so why pay a extra £80 for sumit we don't want its pointless just buy the console you are think suits your needs best there no point being biased its childish PlayStation will win that's the truth face facts but if Xbox suits your needs buy it it will still be a good console as well it just don't suit my requirements !!


Wow, every post I have seen you make, screams out PS fanboy! It really feels like Microsoft has murdered your kitten or stolen your chips. Sadly every generation has people like you, who try to force their own opinions upon others. This is a Xbox page and I really think you would be better suited on a page with like minded 12 year old's shouting death threats at each other about which console is better. The truth is no-one knows which is better, or which is going to win the (imaginary) war, until both are released. I actually think both consoles will do really well, I also think that both are very similar and have a lot to offer. However on release I will only be getting the Xbox one, not because of some misguided devotion to Microsoft, but because I really like what they are trying to achieve. I will also be picking up the PS4 at the earliest opportunity (hopefully with a price drop).

Finally these are full stops ............ I have added a few to allow you to drop and use them in your giant wall of text as you see fit.
Blackie252 18
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 18:41
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby yunoyuluvit » 11 Sep 2013, 13:44

Chloe Camp wrote:Microsoft can't change anything now they lost many gamers including myself since the reveal !
They can say they change policy for the gamers but its all crap talk the truth is they was scared after Sony won the heart of most gamers around the world yes fanboys will disagree with the truth but face facts !!
I agree with the fact Sony PlayStation 3 was a fail of a console due to its lack of online service and no cross game chat but let's not forget Sony had the top console before 360 the ps2 was better then the original Xbox so fanboys saying the ps4 will be shit just cause the ps3 was need to rewire there heads im not fan I buy the console I rate better and what suits my needs like games , mates , specs , price ps4 wins on most of those subjects !! I was a huge 360 fan always will be but ps4 is looking to be the best console for gaming it gives me exactly what I want unlike the Xbox one that is forcing me to have a kinect which I don't want a TV specs which I also have no need for or want I have my laptop for Skype etc and my HD sky box I have no need for any of the xbone one extra features all I want is a console that plays games !! Yes the Xbox one has more games wow but most of them are crap or not my type of game anyway , the PlayStation 4 gives me and most gamers what we want that's why its a huge hit the Xbox and Microsoft are bassicly making us buy summit we have no need for or want the truth is the PlayStation will win this time round but Xbox will be good for people who have the needs for the stuff it offers but most gamers don't want TV on there console or camera so why pay a extra £80 for sumit we don't want its pointless just buy the console you are think suits your needs best there no point being biased its childish PlayStation will win that's the truth face facts but if Xbox suits your needs buy it it will still be a good console as well it just don't suit my requirements !!


Your argument would hold water, if it: a) didn't have bad spelling; b) didn't have almost no punctuation whatsoever; c)didn't use your personal requirements as the requirements for every gamer; d) didn't use some mystical knowledge of the future as "facts"; e) your other posts weren't complete drivel.

Otherwise, good job!
Last edited by yunoyuluvit on 11 Sep 2013, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
yunoyuluvit 38
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 07:46

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby DexHaven » 11 Sep 2013, 13:46

Chloe Camp wrote:Microsoft can't change anything now they lost many gamers including myself since the reveal !
They can say they change policy for the gamers but its all crap talk the truth is they was scared after Sony won the heart of most gamers around the world yes fanboys will disagree with the truth but face facts !!
I agree with the fact Sony PlayStation 3 was a fail of a console due to its lack of online service and no cross game chat but let's not forget Sony had the top console before 360 the ps2 was better then the original Xbox so fanboys saying the ps4 will be shit just cause the ps3 was need to rewire there heads im not fan I buy the console I rate better and what suits my needs like games , mates , specs , price ps4 wins on most of those subjects !! I was a huge 360 fan always will be but ps4 is looking to be the best console for gaming it gives me exactly what I want unlike the Xbox one that is forcing me to have a kinect which I don't want a TV specs which I also have no need for or want I have my laptop for Skype etc and my HD sky box I have no need for any of the xbone one extra features all I want is a console that plays games !! Yes the Xbox one has more games wow but most of them are crap or not my type of game anyway , the PlayStation 4 gives me and most gamers what we want that's why its a huge hit the Xbox and Microsoft are bassicly making us buy summit we have no need for or want the truth is the PlayStation will win this time round but Xbox will be good for people who have the needs for the stuff it offers but most gamers don't want TV on there console or camera so why pay a extra £80 for sumit we don't want its pointless just buy the console you are think suits your needs best there no point being biased its childish PlayStation will win that's the truth face facts but if Xbox suits your needs buy it it will still be a good console as well it just don't suit my requirements !!


Exterminate, Exterminate! Exterminate!
Chandler: Didn't you read Lord of the Rings in high school? Joey: No. I had sex in high school.
DexHaven 26
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 16:42
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby FishyGinger » 11 Sep 2013, 13:48

Well Chloe that was the biggest amount of bullshit I've read all day and I've skimmed through an 82 page document on piping regulations that would bore the tits off a robot. A robot with tits that is. And one that doesn't bore easily, I should have stated that....
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
User avatar
FishyGinger 66
 
Posts: 3730
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:42

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby Disilluzioned » 11 Sep 2013, 13:49

Chloe Camp wrote:Microsoft can't change anything now they lost many gamers including myself since the reveal !
Well, they sure screwed up losing you, because here you still are :roll:
Disilluzioned 10
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 31 May 2013, 11:30

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby SmgUk » 11 Sep 2013, 13:54

Chloe Camp wrote:Microsoft can't change anything now they lost many gamers including myself since the reveal !
They can say they change policy for the gamers but its all crap talk the truth is they was scared after Sony won the heart of most gamers around the world yes fanboys will disagree with the truth but face facts !!
I agree with the fact Sony PlayStation 3 was a fail of a console due to its lack of online service and no cross game chat but let's not forget Sony had the top console before 360 the ps2 was better then the original Xbox so fanboys saying the ps4 will be shit just cause the ps3 was need to rewire there heads im not fan I buy the console I rate better and what suits my needs like games , mates , specs , price ps4 wins on most of those subjects !! I was a huge 360 fan always will be but ps4 is looking to be the best console for gaming it gives me exactly what I want unlike the Xbox one that is forcing me to have a kinect which I don't want a TV specs which I also have no need for or want I have my laptop for Skype etc and my HD sky box I have no need for any of the xbone one extra features all I want is a console that plays games !! Yes the Xbox one has more games wow but most of them are crap or not my type of game anyway , the PlayStation 4 gives me and most gamers what we want that's why its a huge hit the Xbox and Microsoft are bassicly making us buy summit we have no need for or want the truth is the PlayStation will win this time round but Xbox will be good for people who have the needs for the stuff it offers but most gamers don't want TV on there console or camera so why pay a extra £80 for sumit we don't want its pointless just buy the console you are think suits your needs best there no point being biased its childish PlayStation will win that's the truth face facts but if Xbox suits your needs buy it it will still be a good console as well it just don't suit my requirements !!


Come back when you have first learnt to spell and have a understanding of the word "fact".
SmgUk 25
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 22 Jul 2013, 12:51

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Sep 2013, 14:01

I would give her a warning about excessive trolling but I'm having far too much fun reading the responses :lol:
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9294
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby msbhvn » 11 Sep 2013, 14:09

Chloe Camp wrote:Borderline illiterate ramblings.


You do know this is the OXM forum and not CVG, right? Nobody cares that you're buying a PS4. This is a site for news and discussion of Xbox consoles. How about you go to www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk and stop trolling here.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
User avatar
msbhvn 66
 
Posts: 4061
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 19:10
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby Chloe Camp » 11 Sep 2013, 14:13

Can't really take the piss out of my spelling I'm dislesic not my fault and second I'm hardly a fanboy I've had my 360 since 2005 so yeah plus iM not 12 I'm 21 years old !! Your the xbone fanboys
Chloe Camp 16
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 04 Jul 2013, 12:28

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby Chloe Camp » 11 Sep 2013, 14:15

I am a 360 fan I will always use my 360 still so I'm still gonna use this site you NooB !!
Chloe Camp 16
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 04 Jul 2013, 12:28

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby msbhvn » 11 Sep 2013, 14:17

Chloe Camp wrote:Can't really take the piss out of my spelling I'm dislesic not my fault and second I'm hardly a fanboy I've had my 360 since 2005 so yeah plus iM not 12 I'm 21 years old !! Your the xbone fanboys


On the Official Xbox Magazine website? Shock horror! I know some real dyslexic people and they take care over what they write rather than spewing out illegible crap. Like I said, the Official PlayStation site is that way ------->
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
User avatar
msbhvn 66
 
Posts: 4061
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 19:10
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Xbox One U-turns haven't hurt us, insists Microsoft - "w

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Sep 2013, 14:22

Chloe Camp wrote:Can't really take the piss out of my spelling I'm dislesic not my fault and second I'm hardly a fanboy I've had my 360 since 2005 so yeah plus iM not 12 I'm 21 years old !! Your the xbone fanboys


Sorry if you feel your dyslexia has been taken the piss out of, as I'm sure no one meant any offense.

However to my mind a 'non-fanboy' would be someone who has made up their mind about a console and is happy with that choice without trying to convert others to that opinion. As someone above said we don't care you've decided on a PS4 but we hope you are very happy with your choice. That's the proof we aren't fanboy's.

By coming on an Xbox website and posting as you have thus far it would appear you're just trying to start arguements. Read the rules and pay attention to number 8 in particular.

Probably a good idea for anyone else who hasn't read them recently to do so as well. I didn't realise we were clamping down on Beiber around here

I'm drawing a close to this conversation now. Anyone else taking part in it rather than about the topic risks getting their post edited or deleted.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9294
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]