to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Our Grand Theft Auto 5 review: what do you want to know?

Your comments on our articles.

Be our Traffic Master during our tour of Los Santos

Hark - a mighty hooting of trumpets, a stamping of cymbals. Grand Theft Auto 5 is coming, surging from the sunny waters of the east Pacific like Godzilla wearing a continent for a hat. The game hits shelves in a little under a week - that's 17th September 2013 - and I thought it was high time we posed you a Certain Question. In the unlikely event that we acquire a copy of GTA 5 and compose some sort of textual "review" of it, broken up into paragraphs and screen captures, accompanied by a numerical representation of our findings that might be termed a "score"... What would you like us to focus on?... read more

Our Grand Theft Auto 5 review: what do you want to know?

Postby LeiChat » 11 Sep 2013, 19:02

I'd like to know how the lobby system will work for online multiplayer compared to GTA4 please?

Specifically, will random players still have the option to vote the host because they don't like the game options the host has chosen?
LeiChat 7

Re: Our Grand Theft Auto 5 review: what do you want to know?

Postby Jobe wan kenobi » 11 Sep 2013, 19:05

LeiChat wrote:I'd like to know how the lobby system will week for online multiplayer compared to GTA4 please?

Specifically, will random players still have the option to vote the host because they don't like the game options the host has chosen?

I imagine that might be quite hard considering the multiplayer doesn't come out until October 1st.

I'd like to know if there are properties you can buy in singleplayer and if there will be any gang warfare minigame kinda things like in San Andreas.
Jobe wan kenobi 42

Postby LeiChat » 11 Sep 2013, 19:12

Jobe wan kenobi wrote:I imagine that might be quite hard considering the multiplayer doesn't come out until October 1st.

Not if they're given early access to that too.
LeiChat 7

Postby lazercut123 » 11 Sep 2013, 19:25

Can you capture a cargo plane (in free roam) and open the bay doors mid flight so you can than drive a bike/car out of the bay doors whilst being 10,000 feet in the air.

A very specific question, but I've been wondering about it since the game was first announced.
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby TippiestRook99 » 11 Sep 2013, 19:38

How long does the game take to open up as in all side quests unlocked and do you recommend taking risks in the stock exchange?
And that's why my butt hurts - Troy Baker - Men in Black:Alien Crisis

Since having a blog is mainstream these days.
http://eternalshag78.wordpress.com/
TippiestRook99 54

Postby Metalrodent » 11 Sep 2013, 19:43

are the car physics like that of GTA IV? (ie the nice chunky handling and awesomely realistic damage model). Also is it fairer, the small number of checkpoints and huge death costs in IV were not fun
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby lazercut123 » 11 Sep 2013, 19:45

@Tippy

There's an achievement to spend $200,000,000, so I'm guessing that the best/quickest way to get that would be through trading stocks. :?
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby TippiestRook99 » 11 Sep 2013, 19:57

#Lazer

Damn was planning on planning heists than spending all the money on playing golf and tennis.

TippiestRook99 54

Postby lazercut123 » 11 Sep 2013, 20:01

You can still do that, it would just take a hell of a long time.
lazercut123 54

Postby Grummy » 11 Sep 2013, 20:04

I'd like to know more about the ambient gameplay, acquiring property etc. Do we have any classic gangster gameplay like taking over stores through property acquisition or more illegal means? What about taking over areas of the city by taking out the controlling gangs? Things like that, the stuff I really enjoy from Saints Row 3 and the Godfather games.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby comabob » 11 Sep 2013, 20:09

Grummy wrote:I'd like to know more about the ambient gameplay, acquiring property etc. Do we have any classic gangster gameplay like taking over stores through property acquisition or more illegal means? What about taking over areas of the city by taking out the controlling gangs? Things like that, the stuff I really enjoy from Saints Row 3 and the Godfather games.

Dont you mean all that stuff that was in Vice City and San Andreas?

COs VC had the property aspect and SA had the gang control feature...

BUt yeah - I wanna know the exact same things -

Are the driving physics like 4 or decent this time??
As Grumster says - is there more to do other than main missions and customize your vehicle and appearance?

Most importantly - can you "level up" your skills like SA - so that i can eventually duel wield etc...

That said - ill find out for myself pretty soon and its not like i wouldnt get it anyway :roll:
"The boy said he's from hell. Maybe that's where we're going..."
comabob 52

Postby offline » 11 Sep 2013, 21:00

The only thing I would like to know is if it feels like an actual city this time around( are there a lot more pedestrians on the street) as a pose to just 15 or so.
offline 1

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Sep 2013, 21:13

The same stuff as Bob and Grummy really, but also has it returned to Vice City and San Andreas in a more fundamental way; is it fun? Never mind the 10/10 reviews I found GTA4 a soul destroying slog doing fetch quests with really boring and dislikeable characters
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby TippiestRook99 » 11 Sep 2013, 21:21

CunningSmile wrote:dislikeable characters

Christ I feel that at the end of the game I will have an immense hatred for Franklin he looks like a complete hip-hop stereotype.

TippiestRook99 54

Postby Grummy » 11 Sep 2013, 21:21

CunningSmile wrote:The same stuff as Bob and Grummy really, but also has it returned to Vice City and San Andreas in a more fundamental way; is it fun? Never mind the 10/10 reviews I found GTA4 a soul destroying slog doing fetch quests with really boring and dislikeable characters

And it had some of the worst controls in any game every. It handled so badly it was beyond belief.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Next