to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Free Xbox games - Microsoft to give away Banjo Kazooie: Nuts

Your comments on our articles.

Shadowrun not rated for release in the region

Apologies for being a little late with this one. Microsoft has added Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts to September's free Xbox games line-up, for South African Xbox Live users only. The firm had originally planned to give away steampunk FPS Shadowrun in the region on 16th September, but the latter isn't, it seems, rated for release in South Africa.... read more

Postby fedris the red » 12 Sep 2013, 12:07

They need to do a free release of BJ N+B over here. People need to play it, ignore the fact it was Banjo Kazooie; it was the ultimate Lego set where you could make pretty much any creation you desired but better than any Lego set - your creation would work. I think there was an OXM article where they suggested a next-gen update with an open-world Minecraft type vibe to it - I would sell peoples organs to have that happen and it would definitely get me off the fence about which console to go for.
fedris the red 18

Re: Free Xbox games - Microsoft to give away Banjo Kazooie:

Postby ItchyRash » 12 Sep 2013, 13:34

Why ignore the fact it's a Banjo Kazooie game? As you rightly said, the game is fantastic. Maybe not the Banjo of N64 but a great addition to the series. Hours of fun to be had just building ridiculous contraptions. They should have released it here as well
ItchyRash 42

Postby Brimstone » 12 Sep 2013, 14:23

I'm actually looking forward to Rainbow 6 but I would have MUCH prefered a Banjo game to Magic 2013 anyday. I hope that comes our way eventually!
Brimstone 42

Postby Disilluzioned » 12 Sep 2013, 14:48

fedris the red wrote:I would sell peoples organs to have that happen
Your plea will have so much more impact if you're willing to sell your OWN organs ... especially if it's not part of a matching pair.
Disilluzioned 10

Postby fedris the red » 12 Sep 2013, 15:59

ItchyRash wrote:Why ignore the fact it's a Banjo Kazooie game? As you rightly said, the game is fantastic. Maybe not the Banjo of N64 but a great addition to the series. Hours of fun to be had just building ridiculous contraptions. They should have released it here as well

I think it was said at the time it didn't gain the audience it maybe should have; because a lot of people who weren't into platformers saw the Banjo Kazooie name and didn't really give the game the attention it deserved. I'm not really one for straight up platform games and I never played a BK game before Nuts and Bolts but I personally did enjoy the whole thing - platform elements included. It's a real waste that the whole machine creation system hasn't been carried on in some form - it was so intuitive and versatile.

Disilluzioned wrote:
fedris the red wrote:I would sell peoples organs to have that happen
Your plea will have so much more impact if you're willing to sell your OWN organs ... especially if it's not part of a matching pair.

But I have so few organs and other people have so many...
fedris the red 18

Postby Ghostwriter » 12 Sep 2013, 16:42

Microsoft really needs to up there game, not just to compete with PS Plus (who have already had Saints Row 3 & Sleeping Dogs) but even between regions. An artilce the other day stated that for a limited time you could download Injustice: Gods Among Us for free on xboxlive....but only if you lived in Slovakia! But its okay we've got Rainbow 6 Vegas which came out in 2006!!!
Ghostwriter 10

Postby ChaoticP » 12 Sep 2013, 20:35

Hopefully if there's ever another Banjo Kazooie game they will reintroduce the vehicle creation system to some degree.
ChaoticP 47

Postby DrizztP » 13 Sep 2013, 09:52

I'm unfortunately from South Africa and I'm quite impressed that MS actually consider us, I honestly would have thought they would have just not given us anything.

Thanks MS.
DrizztP 6

Postby Furie » 13 Sep 2013, 21:18

I thought the servers for Shadowrun got shut down years ago. And that it was multiplayer only, making that a pretty lame gift game.
Furie 25

Postby lfcgorsty » 14 Sep 2013, 16:13

Ghostwriter wrote:Microsoft really needs to up there game, not just to compete with PS Plus (who have already had Saints Row 3 & Sleeping Dogs) but even between regions. An artilce the other day stated that for a limited time you could download Injustice: Gods Among Us for free on xboxlive....but only if you lived in Slovakia! But its okay we've got Rainbow 6 Vegas which came out in 2006!!!

It was available in Costa Rica too. But I see your point, if Microsoft were to offer a game like Injustice or a game around that age away, the developer who has probably sold all the copies they are likely to sell (the game has dropped to £20 numerous times), would probably benefit more from the potential amount of DLC that could be sold to people adopting the game as a freebie.
lfcgorsty 19

Postby allenfinkjr » 03 Oct 2013, 17:38

This Games with Gold thing is really cool, but they are giving the most crap games out for free.. I'd rather play BK N&B before I play Magic!!! Who is in charge of choosing who gets what games?! This is really poor judgement when it comes to free downloads. Think of the fans out in the world, would you rather play a card game that only "nerds" play? Or would you rather play a really fun platform game? Well it is Mircrosoft so of course they throw the lame game at us.. :|
allenfinkjr 1