to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed 4 video shows how Xbox One version beats cu

Your comments on our articles.

How Ubisoft's taking advantage of the new hardware

Like a malfunctioning tennis ball launcher, Ubisoft has been firing out Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag trailers at a rate of about one every five seconds for the past two months. I'm not sure there's any part of the game we haven't seen at this point. Still, the latest video is worth watching - it's billed as a showcase of the game's "next gen" technology.... read more

Assassin's Creed 4 video shows how Xbox One version beats cu

Postby Maximus T » 12 Sep 2013, 17:23

Hold on, a lot of those features in the video must be on the current generation games too, unless they are saying that we will have loading between ship boarding on the 360, instead of the seamless experience. Arkham Origins has some similar weather and environment physics going down, and that is only on the current generation. Specifically which parts will 360 only be missing out on?
#browns
Maximus T 62

Re: Assassin's Creed 4 video shows how Xbox One version beat

Postby OXM ETboy » 12 Sep 2013, 17:26

It's not quite clear, to be honest - I somehow doubt they'll want to show the two versions side by side...

I've updated the copy.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Metalrodent » 12 Sep 2013, 17:30

the adverts seem to be saying that the PS4 version gets extra gameplay, do the xbo versions get any bonuses?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby senote » 12 Sep 2013, 17:34

Maximus T wrote:Hold on, a lot of those features in the video must be on the current generation games too, unless they are saying that we will have loading between ship boarding on the 360, instead of the seamless experience. Arkham Origins has some similar weather and environment physics going down, and that is only on the current generation. Specifically which parts will 360 only be missing out on?

While I like the OXM crew and the magazine this is exactly the kind of misleading writing that annoys me with the print version. You suggest one thing and deliver another. I was expecting to see the differences between the current and next-gen versions of the game. I don't think the video at any point specified that the aspects mentioned were unique to next-gen.
senote 24

Postby OXM ETboy » 12 Sep 2013, 17:37

Indeed, it's my fault. I was in a rush, so skimmed the footage, and the PR email was a little bit misleading - it refers to "the technical achievements of the next-gen version", whereas the video talks about technical advances in general.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby senote » 12 Sep 2013, 17:37

OXM ETboy wrote:Indeed, it's my fault. I was in a rush, so skimmed the footage, and the PR email was a little bit misleading - it refers to "the technical achievements of the next-gen version", whereas the video talks about technical advances in general.

So I see :P
senote 24

Postby TippiestRook99 » 12 Sep 2013, 17:38

Metalrodent wrote:the adverts seem to be saying that the PS4 version gets extra gameplay, do the xbo versions get any bonuses?

I`m guessing it means an extra meaningless tacked on mission that has nothing to do with the story and will be on live a few months later for $5.
P.S I`m not bitter just saying.
And that's why my butt hurts - Troy Baker - Men in Black:Alien Crisis

Since having a blog is mainstream these days.
http://eternalshag78.wordpress.com/
TippiestRook99 54

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Sep 2013, 17:49

Metalrodent wrote:the adverts seem to be saying that the PS4 version gets extra gameplay, do the xbo versions get any bonuses?

Every one since Brotherhood has had exclusive content for the PS3 that never came to 360. For example AC3 had an entirely seperate mission strand that tied in with the Vita game Liberation. There's rumours of a vita tie in for Black Flag so I think they may repeat that
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 12 Sep 2013, 17:52

senote wrote:
OXM ETboy wrote:Indeed, it's my fault. I was in a rush, so skimmed the footage, and the PR email was a little bit misleading - it refers to "the technical achievements of the next-gen version", whereas the video talks about technical advances in general.

So I see :P

Sorry for the ****-up!
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 12 Sep 2013, 20:14

As I wont be getting the new Xbox until sometime after Dark Souls 2 I'm really eager to see exactly how the current gen version of this will look.

I get that Ubisoft want to show off the things they can do with the new hardware but kind of feels like they are forgetting about those who will be sticking with the current gen for a while longer. I'm on the fence as to whether I will buy Black Flag and seeing it running on the 360 will be able to help me decide.
Johnbhoy69 51