to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo Xbox One developer 343 teases unannounced projects

Your comments on our articles.

"We're working on projects that you know about, and others that you don't."

A morsel of Master Chiefy intrigue to end the day on. 343's community manager Jessica Shea has revealed that the Halo studio has more on the boil than the already-announced Halo for Xbox One and Halo TV series (the latter is being produced in collaboration with Steven Spielberg). What could those other projects be? Another Spartan Assault-style spin-off? Or something a bit meatier?... read more

Postby Mr Ru 22 » 12 Sep 2013, 17:55

I'd put money on Halo 2 anniversary
Mr Ru 22 26

Re: Halo Xbox One developer 343 teases unannounced projects

Postby OXM ETboy » 12 Sep 2013, 17:56

OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Maximus T » 12 Sep 2013, 18:03

I am not entirely in touch with Halo's lore outside of the videogames, but I remember reading about the Spartan II programme, and the various teams, with all the other Mk II Spartans. I would be interested in another team based game, more in the vein of Reach and ODST, where the team mates are all unique and have their own style, but applied to earlier operations relating to perhaps John's blue team with Kelly and Sam I think, but I was also intrigued by the green team, led initially by a Spartan named Kurt. I would greatly like 343 to explore this sort of avenue, if their other projects are still Halo related.
#browns
Maximus T 63

Postby dragonheartbe » 12 Sep 2013, 19:14

HALO WARS 2 8)
dragonheartbe 29

Postby itsxkenny » 13 Sep 2013, 07:37

Halo wars 2 would be great still plenty of ppl playing the 1st one love that game
itsxkenny 10

Postby Raviel » 13 Sep 2013, 12:17

I am interested but also worried. Hoping they can pull all of this of. I think it's stuff like this that made Halo 4 unfinished :?
Raviel 24

Postby BlackXRaptor » 13 Sep 2013, 21:23

Maximus T wrote:I am not entirely in touch with Halo's lore outside of the videogames, but I remember reading about the Spartan II programme, and the various teams, with all the other Mk II Spartans. I would be interested in another team based game, more in the vein of Reach and ODST, where the team mates are all unique and have their own style, but applied to earlier operations relating to perhaps John's blue team with Kelly and Sam I think, but I was also intrigued by the green team, led initially by a Spartan named Kurt. I would greatly like 343 to explore this sort of avenue, if their other projects are still Halo related.

Yessss this is exactly what I would love to see. Old school master chief on earlier missions with red and blue team. We would be waiting awhile for something like this though... Seeing as the continuing Reclaimer saga, which I am also eagerly waiting to see, could go on for some time. Unless Microsoft create another dedicated studio? Although I'm not sure how that works, if they could just create one out of thin air or relatively quickly. Nor am I sure how big 343i are, how many staff they have. Maybe they could spilt the studio in two if they have enough people to work on the current saga and then the new, hypothetical, IP.
BlackXRaptor 15

Postby Eduardho » 18 Dec 2013, 20:18

:pop
Eduardho 1

Postby Maximus T » 18 Dec 2013, 20:20

Eduardho wrote::pop

Do you know Fabio?
#browns
Maximus T 63