to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Star Trek director JJ Abrams disappointed and hurt by Star T

Your comments on our articles.

Abrams believes game "didn't help the movie and arguably hurt it"

Hollywood director JJ Abrams was not in the least bit happy with Star Trek: The Video Game. He also believes it may actually have hurt Star Trek: Into Darkness, and doesn't care who knows it.... read more

Star Trek director JJ Abrams disappointed and hurt by Star T

Postby grynshock » 13 Sep 2013, 11:16

I think the problem with Into Darkness is that (in my humble opinion) it wasn't very good. There is only so much lens flare I can take!

and when did Kirk become so undeservingly lucky?
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
grynshock 24

Re: Star Trek director JJ Abrams disappointed and hurt by St

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 13 Sep 2013, 12:12

I enjoyed Into Darkness, went to see it twice. Loving JJ Abrams alternate universe/timeline. The game looked like it was going to suck pretty early on and Im old enough to know that you never buy a game based on a movie anyway(with a few exceptions), didn't stop me enjoying the movie though.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 13 Sep 2013, 12:42

Johnbhoy69 wrote:I enjoyed Into Darkness, went to see it twice. Loving JJ Abrams alternate universe/timeline. The game looked like it was going to suck pretty early on and Im old enough to know that you never buy a game based on a movie anyway(with a few exceptions), didn't stop me enjoying the movie though.

I also enjoyed Into Darkness, and I also watched it twice in the cinema (in fact the Blu-ray turned up yesterday and I intend to watch it tonight!). Unfortunately, I was lulled into a false sense of security by OXM and other magazines, which made the game look pretty appealing, and so I pre-ordered it and it sucked hard! And I'm old enough to be your dad, so it just goes to show that age and experience count for nothing when you're just plain stupid! :shock:
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby OXM Aoife » 13 Sep 2013, 13:25

You all need to hop on board the Benedict bandwagon - instantly makes Into Darkness 100% more appealing.
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 13 Sep 2013, 13:27

OXM Aoife wrote:You all need to hop on board the Benedict bandwagon - instantly makes Into Darkness 100% more appealing.

My full name is actually Benedict. I'm really grateful to Mr Cumberbatch for making it halfway acceptible
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby SilentDark » 13 Sep 2013, 13:29

OXM Aoife wrote:You all need to hop on board the Benedict bandwagon - instantly makes Into Darkness 100% more appealing.

I felt he was at least half of what was wrong with the movie, he seemed to have all the charisma of a potato.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 13 Sep 2013, 13:31

CunningSmile wrote:

My full name is actually Benedict. I'm really grateful to Mr Cumberbatch for making it halfway acceptible

So is it Benedict Smile or Cunning Benedict? Or is Benedict your middle name? :D
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby CunningSmile » 13 Sep 2013, 13:33

AllusiveTurtle wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:My full name is actually Benedict. I'm really grateful to Mr Cumberbatch for making it halfway acceptible

So is it Benedict Smile or Cunning Benedict? Or is Benedict your middle name? :D

Benedict "Cunning" Smile, cos every name is better with a middle name in quotation marks :D
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby JFleming » 13 Sep 2013, 13:42

JJ - I was disappointed and hurt by your movie.
JFleming 2

Postby LethalBuddha » 13 Sep 2013, 13:47

Did anyone else think Benedict Cumberbatch looked like Data from next generation? I think they cast him in the wrong movie
.-- . .-.. .-.. / -.. --- -. . --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- .-. -.- . -.. / --- ..- - / .- / .--. --- .. -. - .-.. . ... ... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -- . ... ... .- --. .
LethalBuddha 32

Postby SilentDark » 13 Sep 2013, 13:47

JFleming wrote:JJ - I was disappointed and hurt by your movie.

It get's my vote for comedy of the year. I don't think I ever laughed so hard.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby FishyGinger » 13 Sep 2013, 13:48

I don't swing that way but I did enjoy the fillem.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Vulgar Plebeian » 13 Sep 2013, 14:29

I saw the film in the cinema - got myself a big seat, free Nachos and drinks with Odeon's Gallery ticket thingy - and watched it last night on my 360. I am not a "Trekkie" by any stretch of the imagination but I thought that the director's idea of the Enterprise crew as fledglings was excellent.

Then again, when I see a movie, I just switch off, suspend disbelief and enjoy it for what it is.
Vulgar Plebeian 47

Postby Thos. » 13 Sep 2013, 15:47

CunningSmile wrote:

Are you a benny tied to a tree?
Thos. 43

Postby msbhvn » 13 Sep 2013, 16:18

Vulgar Plebeian wrote:I saw the film in the cinema - got myself a big seat, free Nachos and drinks with Odeon's Gallery ticket thingy - and watched it last night on my 360. I am not a "Trekkie" by any stretch of the imagination but I thought that the director's idea of the Enterprise crew as fledglings was excellent.

Then again, when I see a movie, I just switch off, suspend disbelief and enjoy it for what it is.

That's me too. I enjoy things like Green Lantern, the Total Recall remake and the Transformers films because I deliberately put my mind in action flick mode where I don't question anything and look at the pretty explosions. :lol:

That said, I really enjoyed Into Darkness without switching my brain off too much. Maybe I liked it more because I'm not a big Star Trek fan, the only thing I was seriously into was TNG and that wasn't for long.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Next