to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft's Spencer on Geometry Wars Xbox One, odds of a Mas

Your comments on our articles.

"Conversations" have been had about Activision IP, direct work with BioWare would be "difficult"

Of all Xbox Live Arcade's early gems, Bizarre Creations' Geometry Wars is surely the most lustrous - a hyperactive rainbow blaster that can claim significant responsibility for the continuing popularity of schmups on console platforms. So, where's Xbox One's version of the same, Microsoft? And given your current chumminess with EA, is there any chance you'll partner with BioWare again to work on an exclusive RPG?... read more

Microsoft's Spencer on Geometry Wars Xbox One, odds of a Mas

Postby Starskream » 13 Sep 2013, 19:30

Yes Microsoft need to forget about all other announcements and just tell me they are bringing a new Geo Wars to the Xbox One . Geo Wars 2 is still one of my favourite games of all time and even now after its been out 5 years I still play it quite a bit. I enjoyed playing for the top position on my friends list against Dark D3ception who used to frequent this site but I managed to dislodge him and get into the top 500 in the world on most of the game modes it had to offer and just in case anyone on here would like to try and beat me at it or maybe even give me a score to beat please feel free to add me GT o starskream o
Starskream 39

Re: Microsoft's Spencer on Geometry Wars Xbox One, odds of a

Postby ChaoticP » 13 Sep 2013, 20:10

I really feel like MS let Bioware slip out of their fingers, I would hope they don't let any of the other studios working on exclusives fall through their fingers as well.(i.e.Remedy and Capybara).
ChaoticP 47

Postby Maximus T » 13 Sep 2013, 20:21

Starskream wrote:Yes Microsoft need to forget about all other announcements and just tell me they are bringing a new Geo Wars to the Xbox One . Geo Wars 2 is still one of my favourite games of all time and even now after its been out 5 years I still play it quite a bit. I enjoyed playing for the top position on my friends list against Dark D3ception who used to frequent this site but I managed to dislodge him and get into the top 500 in the world on most of the game modes it had to offer and just in case anyone on here would like to try and beat me at it or maybe even give me a score to beat please feel free to add me GT o starskream o

:wink: Sorry, couldn't resist. You'll be much better than me in any case.
#browns
Maximus T 62

Postby G00N3R » 13 Sep 2013, 21:14

Bioware's games are too awesome to restrict to one platform, even on a temporary basis.
G00N3R 47

Postby hazy33 » 14 Sep 2013, 01:48

Why on earth would Bioware these days limit themselves to just the Xbox One. Makes no commercial or artistic sense.

The ps4 & Xbone so evenly matched in abilities and ease of programming and MS still has an awful lot to do to regain gamers trust after the announcement debacle (getting rid of the now non-required kinect would be a start) that the days of system exclusives are drawing to a close.
hazy33 21

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Sep 2013, 11:21

hazy33 wrote:Why on earth would Bioware these days limit themselves to just the Xbox One. Makes no commercial or artistic sense.

The ps4 & Xbone so evenly matched in abilities and ease of programming and MS still has an awful lot to do to regain gamers trust after the announcement debacle (getting rid of the now non-required kinect would be a start) that the days of system exclusives are drawing to a close.

Makes perfect commercial sense. Studios don't make a system exclusive because they can't transport it across, they do it because the platform holder pays them a shed load of money not to transport it across.

And you only need to look at the launch line ups to realise that far from drawing to a close the days of exclusives just got a shot in the arm. The dawn of a new generation is exactly the point when spending money on exclusives makes the most sense, as far more than the tech the games are what will attract your customers
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Starskream » 14 Sep 2013, 11:26

Maximus T wrote:Image
:wink: Sorry, couldn't resist. You'll be much better than me in any case.

Hmm :P I would have thought someone who spent many hours playing a game with Geometry in the title which includes a little flying ship shooting different shapes would not really be anywhere near a badass more like a nerd :D I really do like this game but as there are no more people on my friends lists scores to aim for its lost some of its magic. Still I would really like to have a new version of it on the Xbox One as its always been the game I go to when I get bored of everything else.
Starskream 39

Postby Maximus T » 14 Sep 2013, 17:29

Who says video games are nerdy? :lol: And geometry is one of the coolest things around, it's like art for people who are only good at maths. 8)
#browns
Maximus T 62