to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

New F1 2013 trailer showcases Classic Edition content

Your comments on our articles.

In-game 1970's Ferrari free to all who sign up for RaceNet service

Codemasters have sent along a new trailer for F1 2013, focusing on the classic content to appear in the latest instalment of their Formula 1 racing sim when it revs up this October.... read more

New F1 2013 trailer showcases Classic Edition content

Postby Blackout G83 » 15 Sep 2013, 13:18

Not sure if i missed it but no ayrton senna?could be because he died but i for one would have brought it just to play as ayrton
Blackout G83 39

Re: New F1 2013 trailer showcases Classic Edition content

Postby stylon » 15 Sep 2013, 14:08

They should have done this years ago - never have I been so hyped for the release of an F1 game... I believe they've even got the legend himself - Murray Walker - to do an introduction, though it's a shame he couldn't have recorded a full commentary for the classic stuff. Can't wait to drive in Nigel's 'Red 5' myself! :D
stylon 48

Postby Twilight Error » 15 Sep 2013, 16:06

Blackout G83 wrote:Not sure if i missed it but no ayrton senna?could be because he died but i for one would have brought it just to play as ayrton

I've had my eye on this version of the game since it was announced, and I haven't seen any mention of Senna, either. A part of me wonders if the exclusion was out of respect for his survivors, or due to some licensing restriction originating with his family.

I'm biased, but it seems to me that including him in the game would be a way to honor his memory. We remember him because he was one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time, and because he was a great philanthropist. Wouldn't it be possible to combine those two aspects of his life and allow Codemasters to purchase a license from the Senna estate, and direct all proceeds to the Instituto Ayrton Senna?

But this is all speculation. Who knows why he wasn't included. Or maybe we'll load the game on release day, and see our Ayrton as an option. I hope so...
Twilight Error 39

Postby Blackout G83 » 15 Sep 2013, 18:53

Twilight Error wrote:
Blackout G83 wrote:Not sure if i missed it but no ayrton senna?could be because he died but i for one would have brought it just to play as ayrton

I've had my eye on this version of the game since it was announced, and I haven't seen any mention of Senna, either. A part of me wonders if the exclusion was out of respect for his survivors, or due to some licensing restriction originating with his family.

I'm biased, but it seems to me that including him in the game would be a way to honor his memory. We remember him because he was one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time, and because he was a great philanthropist. Wouldn't it be possible to combine those two aspects of his life and allow Codemasters to purchase a license from the Senna estate, and direct all proceeds to the Instituto Ayrton Senna?

But this is all speculation. Who knows why he wasn't included. Or maybe we'll load the game on release day, and see our Ayrton as an option. I hope so...

I agree it would be a great way to honor him,would be amazing to load the game up and see senna as a playable driver :)
Blackout G83 39

Postby artful c0dger » 16 Sep 2013, 08:00

I think you can forget any idea's about Senna being included, his name is tied up with a Brazilian games studio that was supposed to be releasing a game featuring him in 2012. Not heard anything else about it for a while though.

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.reizastudios.com/news/en/1/n ... ton-senna/
artful c0dger 17

Postby Blackout G83 » 16 Sep 2013, 09:16

artful c0dger wrote:

I think you can forget any idea's about Senna being included, his name is tied up with a Brazilian games studio that was supposed to be releasing a game featuring him in 2012. Not heard anything else about it for a while though.

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.reizastudios.com/news/en/1/n ... ton-senna/

,Thanks for info,gutted hes not gonna be part of it :(
Blackout G83 39